The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Huge boos at Arsenal - cries of 'Sack the Manager' on 5Live.

Arsenal 0 Fulham 0 FT

Ah, to be in a position where Arsene Wenger is classed being sackable. By that I mean the insane asylum. I'd kill for Wenger, actually kill.

Guest quklaani

But for Chelsea's late winner I'd have called the title right now.

Boro were 19th, with the worst form in the league, against a team that had just won in Madrid, yet I knew they'd win.  I figured as much a few days ago, it just seemed guaranteed cause they're Boro and they always do this at least once a season.

But for Arteta's injury I'd say Everton would finish above Arsenal, Villa clearly will now barring a major collapse.

Huge boos at Arsenal - cries of 'Sack the Manager' on 5Live.

Arsenal 0 Fulham 0 FT

Ah, to be in a position where Arsene Wenger is classed being sackable. By that I mean the insane asylum. I'd kill for Wenger, actually kill.

Definitely. Sounds like there are plenty of fickle fans there. I wonder if he could be forced out?

Guest firetotheworks

Why can't Liverpool have their usual luck when I actually want them to win?

Gerrard, Torres is probably the answer.

Guest Stephen927

Not so long ago the majority of Arsenal fans were fully supportive of Wenger's policy claiming it was the right way to do business rather than spending heap loads like Man United and Chelsea.

Football supporters are so fickle, I love it.

I anyone cares, Whitley Bay 5 - Biggleston Town 2 - good game and progression onto the semi's for Whitley I think.

I was there! Was well over 1000 fans there, excellent turnout and great result as well.

Did you notice an over-weight James Troisi lookalike come on at half time? :D

I anyone cares, Whitley Bay 5 - Biggleston Town 2 - good game and progression onto the semi's for Whitley I think.

I was there! Was well over 1000 fans there, excellent turnout and great result as well.

Did you notice an over-weight James Troisi lookalike come on at half time? :D

Haha yeah, you see the colocini look alike too....some chants of 'ivan campo' went round too.

He was shite, that half-Colo hairdo bloke. Utterly rotten, although most of the Biggleswade team were. Did you hear those blokes in the stands shouting "Hey, canny pair of barnets coming on for them here!" :lol:

And also, that bloke with the bleach blonde hairdo Brylcreemed and combed to his ears, then shaved off totally, with the gold ear-ring? He came past totally off his tits screaming "THERES ONLY ONE IAN CHANDLER, WE LOVE YOU IAN!"  :laughterisnotargumentation:

He was s****, that half-Colo hairdo bloke. Utterly rotten, although most of the Biggleswade team were. Did you hear those blokes in the stands shouting "Hey, canny pair of barnets coming on for them here!" :lol:

And also, that bloke with the bleach blonde hairdo Brylcreemed and combed to his ears, then shaved off totally, with the gold ear-ring? He came past totally off his tits screaming "THERES ONLY ONE IAN CHANDLER, WE LOVE YOU IAN!"  :laughterisnotargumentation:

haha yeah!  I miss going to watch the bay.  I dont get as often as I'd wish....used to go all the time 6 year ago or so.  Deffo fancy wembley if they get that far.

Guest firetotheworks

Why can't Liverpool have their usual luck when I actually want them to win?

Gerrard, Torres is probably the answer.

Gerrard played.

Went off after 75 minutes though, so he couldnt bail them out in the last minute with a screamer/dive/general luckfest

Guess I've got to be delighted with another 3 points today and a clean sheet again, but no doubt West Brom more than matched us, poor from us and decided by poor defending, and an excellent goal.

That said, WBA didn't really carve out many clear cut chances, albeit they had some bad luck. Sums up their season really, putting in performances and not getting results. Harsh league tbh.

Titus Shambles once again Wigan's star player

Decent coaching goes a long way.

Defending isn't about talent, it's about coaching, discipline and organisation, without that talent is useless. Titus had the ability, but none of the rest, now he's getting it, it's no wonder you never see him having the piss ripped out of him on MOTD or whatever.

Still can't believe we did virtually nothing for ninety minutes and robbed West Brom of a point, not good enough. I remember back in the day when I used to support Newcastle when they'd do that on occassion, those were the days.

You used to support Newcastle? What happened?

I'm sorry but West Brom are just a nonsense team. They can't defend and they can't score. Their midfield can pass the ball decently, but none of the midfield players can shoot or tackle. Their situation is due to lack of talent and lack of good tactics. Very little luck involved.