The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest kingdawson

Zlatan is a godlike striker. End of story.

Anyone thinking something else really does need glasses. Just watch the man play for gods sake.

When you have Carlton Cole and Emile Heskey as top forwards for yoour national team players like Zlatan just becomes poor  :lol:

Well done, he's better then Cole and Hesky. My point is that he is nowhere near world class, isn't consistant enough, doesn't show up in the big games, looks lazy as fuck, has a bad attitude ect...

Zlatan is a godlike striker. End of story.

Anyone thinking something else really does need glasses. Just watch the man play for gods sake.

i did watch him much time. i often watch inter much time. FACT. and i still cant deny how abysmal he is most of the time. like the last game. he was giving chances on the plate but he not taking it. the percentage of he doing that is worrying.

Seeing Vieira playing that poorly was very enjoyable.  Seeing Scholes play so poorly...not so much.  I doubt he'll start again in Europe unless we've no choice.  Giggsy on the other hand just seems to turn it up a notch whenever theres a big game.

Scholes had a bad game today, but he's been absolute quality in every other game I've seen him this season. Up there with the best I've seen him play, tbh. Should be automatic starter when he's fit and his legs allows.

Couldn't believe Berbatov got 90 minutes tonight though, he looked sluggish and uninspired, which isn't all that unusual for him, but there were almost none of his usual great touches. Should have come off for Tevez around 60 minutes IIYAM.

youtube his goals then tell me he's not a class striker...put him in manyoo's team he'd rule the world imo

Youtube Martins goals and you could say exactly the same thing, he's already in a pretty class team at Inter and i've been watching him occasionally over the last few years and every time he's been pap, scored one nice goal though. The league makes him look a lot better than he is compared to our PL standards, i'm afraid to say it but Serie A has fallen from grace a lot over the last 5 years.

Ibrahimovic caused Man U a lot of problems, I thought. That kind of gangly player is never going to be a great finisher, but he does a lot of good work none the less.

But Rooney - yet again, what a player. The way he drew defenders to him and then plonked the ball right in the danger area for the second goal was just brilliant. Not spectacular, but brilliant.

Class header down into the ground, beats V D Sar and hits the bar.... that goes in and everyone is creaming off over him.

Class header? it was a free header and he missed.

16 knockout games without a goal now isnt it? thats fucking dreadful.

Top class strikers seem to be getting worse and worse, i remember when Totti and Del Piero used to get stick but they are out of this world compared to jokers like Ibrahimovich and Berbatov.

John Carew is better then Ibra. Carew have performed in CL, Ibra not.

John Carew could be better than pretty much anyone, if only he tried to do it consistently.

He'll be playing elsewhere next season, I'll put money on it

John Carew could be better than pretty much anyone, if only he tried to do it consistently.

Ibrahimovic could do with an orange what Carew can do with a football. True story.

Ibrahimovic could do with an orange what Carew can do with a football. True story.

Ibrahimovic could do with a haircut, the gigantic fucking girl.

Guest Heneage

Vicenzo Montella? CM 01/02 legend?

He was class when he was at Sampdoria.

Been class everywhere he's went. Had Almunia beat with ease last night.

Used to have a lush snidey Roma shirt with Montella 9 on the back.

Sorry I'll rephrase that and say in my opinion he was at his best when he was at Sampdoria during the 1990's.

Would be a good signing for us if we stay up. Even if he doesn't try he'll still contribute more than Shola, Carroll and Dukes have collectively this season, whilst nominally playing the same role.

Would be a good signing for us if we stay up. Even if he doesn't try he'll still contribute more than Shola, Carroll and Dukes have collectively this season, whilst nominally playing the same role.

Carew would be a good signing. We could do with a tall powerful striker who can actually play football.