The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest Brummiemag

Bundesliga is an absolute mess this season. Bayern managed to lose again today, so Wolfsburg are still top. Remember Hoffenheim, who were leading at the Winter Break? They are now in 9th and in serious danger of finishing in the bottom half.

A lot more exciting and open than the Premier League then

Villa should be banned from entering the Europa League or Cup or whatever its called, after their disgraceful attitude towards the UEFA Cup this season, sending a reserve team to Moscow. Shameful

Yes.

And then put in the stocks, and the ghosts of William McGregor, Alan Hardaker and Jules Rimet can come and pelt them with rotten fruit.

Stephen Ireland  :lol:

What a cock

Suit & a daft hat. :lol:

I think it is the type of hat frequently favoured by bald gentlemen who aren't too keen on being bald. Speaking as a bald gentleman, these people are scum.

Good player, mind.

Bundesliga is an absolute mess this season. Bayern managed to lose again today, so Wolfsburg are still top. Remember Hoffenheim, who were leading at the Winter Break? They are now in 9th and in serious danger of finishing in the bottom half.

Mess? I call that a damn good, exciting league.

Only today did you rise above us in the form table Brummie. That's gotta hurt. :lol:

It isn't too hot at the moment, it must be said.

Fortunately, we'd accumulated a frankly enormous quantity of points before making our first call to stop_performing() three months ago.

The most shocking thing is that we haven't won a game since almost three months ago and are STILL fifth.

That says a lot about the quality of the league.

Only today did you rise above us in the form table Brummie. That's gotta hurt. :lol:

It isn't too hot at the moment, it must be said.

Fortunately, we'd accumulated a frankly enormous quantity of points before making our first call to stop_performing() three months ago.

The most shocking thing is that we haven't won a game since almost three months ago and are STILL fifth.

That says a lot about the quality of the league.

You're just a slightly better version of Hull tbh. ;)

Mess? I call that a damn good, exciting league.

Oh yeah, it's exciting, but it's messy at the same time. No one seems to have any desire to actually win the league. Usually by this stage of the season two or three teams have seperated themselves, but everyone just seems so average and flaky.

According to: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/live_text/default.stm

Ronaldo wasn't cautioned for the Lennon thing.

If that is true, i'm even more disgusted then i was a few minutes ago. Does anyone remember that particular incident? he actually kicked/tripped up Lennon when he were attacking. It was so cynical, it was actually funny. How did he not get booked?. Ok for sure Webb was corrupt.

Not a massive Spurs fan KD, and would hate to see the bin dippers win the title

but

you were robbed today of a comfortable win

- how that was a penalty is beyond me

- Ronaldo takes his top off and petunantly kicks Lennon up in the air and only receives a yellow

The backlash from Liverpool supporters/ officials/ players will be extreme and rightfully so

You now have the makings of a top top side with Redknapp in charge and i would much prefer you to be the team challenging the top 4 than those money rich arabs from moss side

Good luck mate

Man, a pro spurs post on here? i really don't know how to react, except tell you that your analysis was spot on. Cheers mate :thup: :thup:.

Thing is KD, you've had the makings of a top 4 a side for a while now. What is there to suggest next season will be your season?

Nothing. I never once said we'll break top 4, and i don't think we will. I was agreeing with sicko2ndbest analysis of todays game.

Going back to the top 4 talk, i also don't think neither you nor Villa are equipped to break into it, without changes in the summer.

Just got to mention a pure fact, the only side that has really threatend what you can even call the "Top 2" in PREMIER LEAGUE history more then once is Newcastle and Blackburn, that pretty much sums it up how hard it is.

1993–1994: 1 Manu, 3 Newcastle

1995–1996: 1 Manu, 2 Newcastle

1996–1997: 1 Manu, 2 Newcastle

What does Everton and Villa have?

A couple of 4th and then 5-6 placed? is that challenging the "Top 4"?

Everton has a 4th spot as their high since 1992, Villa has a 2nd spot (too long time away for me to remember if they really challanged that year), but has any of them threatend for the title since then? never a chance, never close.

And what has Tottenham done, fuck shit thats what! two fucking 5th spots as their best, jeez.

Newcastle from 93 to 97 really threatend the first spot with concistency, the rest is history....

All this talk within the Spurs, Everton and Villa fans talking about taking on the Top 4, just remember you have never and probably never will be as close as us.

Back then I don't even think the term "top four" was actually even coined yet, so we didn't actually "break it". But still, good shout.