The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

when city spend millions in january and forget about all their other players i can see a few sides going for sturridge, someone like Villa or Everton or maybe even a top four side.

I lovw how careful people are with their wording  bluelaugh.gif

I love the way Robinho slots away chances like that. It looks so natural.

Was thinking the other day, its amazing how Man Utd choose to go for Berbatov on deadline day and not Robinho. Hes 10 times the player.

Guest north shields lad

Im surprised any newcastle fan would want Blackburn to win, they are relegation candiates with ourselves. We all know City will sack Highes, spend an obscene amount of money and finish about 8th in the league, they might even sneak in the UEFA cup.

You were spot on with your prediction for today

http://www.mtgfoundation.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/down_arrow_inv.png

Yes and lost a lot of money as i layed Liverpool on betfair, then layed them again at 2-1  :idiot2:

But its typical that for the first time ive seen them play, both Babbel and Lucas played well, even that Insua seemed to, and i can honestly say ive never heard of him until recently. At the end of the day, whats the point in spending a lot of money on owen when we knock long balls into him, especally when up against a very slow and past it centre back.

Oh well onwards and upwards, we will beat hull and have a good cup run. I can feel it in my bones.  :frantic:

Guest kingdawson

Was thinking the other day, its amazing how Man Utd choose to go for Berbatov on deadline day and not Robinho. Hes 10 times the player.

Too similiar to Rooney and Tevez (altough a better version then both of them).

Guest north shields lad

you really think robhinio and rooney are similar  :laugh:

Guest Heneage

you really think robhinio and rooney are similar  :laugh:

Not physically but I know what KD means, they inhabit the same space.

Guest quklaani

We needed someone who can actually play up front (of course I'm not sure Berbatov really can) and we're not in the business of paying 150 grand a week after tax.  I still think Berbatov will be brilliant in the coming months, it's just kinda hard to love a player who isn't putting on an arrogant air of disinterest.  He just doesn't really care that much.

Oh and yeah, Robinho plays in the same sort of positions as Rooney, but they're very different players.  He would have been an interesting replacement if Ronaldo had gone, but we'd have ended up playing very differently.

Guest kingdawson

you really think robhinio and rooney are similar  :laugh:

Not physically but I know what KD means, they inhabit the same space.

:thup:

Such a relief for that result to go our way in the end.

Seem to say it every week but our next home game, West Ham, is massive.

Handy for them to have picked up form (slightly) and won 2 games on the trot :(

Wont win 3 tbh

Such a relief for that result to go our way in the end.

Seem to say it every week but our next home game, West Ham, is massive.

Handy for them to have picked up form (slightly) and won 2 games on the trot :(

They've only done what we've done to be fair. Hammer (no pun intended) Portsmouth away, and beat a relegation rival at home. Their next game is away to a side close to them in the league (like us being away to Wigan on Friday).

They've only done what we've done to be fair. Hammer (no pun intended) Portsmouth away, and beat a relegation rival at home. Their next game is away to a side close to them in the league (like us being away to Wigan on Friday).

I hope it is just a minor upturn.

They are very beatable so we shoudl go into the game with some confidence

I hope it is just a minor upturn.

They are very beatable so we shoudl go into the game with some confidence

Upturn Park  :boomboom: