The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Bad result for us if Bolton win.

Why? Because the Spuds will magically "click" at some point this season? They're in just as much trouble as Bolton at least, tbh.

Spurs have got better players and they will go on a run and get away from the bottom. They aren't going to get relegated while Bolton quite possibly could, although today's result will give them a massive lift.

Why? Because the Spuds will magically "click" at some point this season? They're in just as much trouble as Bolton at least, tbh.

Spurs have got better players and they will go on a run and get away from the bottom. They aren't going to get relegated while Bolton quite possibly could, although today's result will give them a massive lift.

Only if football is played on paper. Bolton's form only looks as bad as it does because they played Manure, Liverpool and Arsenal in their last 5 games; even when they lost against Manure they gave them a pretty good fight, which is something I can't see coming from us or the Spuds as they are.

I dunno, they're fixtures are pretty tough from now on. Still got all the big four to play + Villa, Everton, Citeh, West Ham, Hull, Us...

People have been saying this about Spurs all season.

There is no reason to suggest that they will suddenly win 3 on the bounce to pull themselves out of trouble. Don't think they will go down unfortunately, but they will be at risk right to the last week or two along with 4 or 5 others

The reality is slowly starting to sink into me as to just how bad trouble we actually are in. Seperated from Championship places by 1 goal or so. Really scary.....and just makes me a whole lot more nervous about tomorrow. We just cannot afford to lose. It will feel like the end of the world if we do.

I can't see Spurs going down like, nice things like that just never happen, but when you look at their remaining fixtures it makes you wonder.  3 of their next 4 are against Arsenal, Villa and Chelsea and they have a very tough run in with Man U, Everton and Liverpool in their last 5.

(thats not breaking any fixture rules surely is it?)

I can't see Spurs going down like, nice things like that just never happen, but when you look at their remaining fixtures it makes you wonder.  3 of their next 4 are against Arsenal, Villa and Chelsea and they have a very tough run in with Man U, Everton and Liverpool in their last 5.

Interesting post, mate. I reckon Spurs might sneak a couple of surprises along the way but no team is too good to go down, and, at the moment, they really are not very good.

But we still have to play them away- which is like our only source of guarenteed points.

Guest LucaAltieri

Interesting post, mate. I reckon Spurs might sneak a couple of surprises along the way but no team is too good to go down, and, at the moment, they really are not very good.

But we still have to play them away- which is like our only source of guarenteed points.

:colo:

Guest optimistic nit

just seen this quote from mark hughes on the bbc website "Good players need space   and we were not given any although we should have had a penalty when Micah Richards was brought down in the box."

??? ???

he's getting a bit desperate now like.

c***s        23 / 26

Tottenhm  24 / 24 

Portsmout 23 / 24

Stoke        24 / 24

Newcastle 23 / 23

Blackburn  23 / 23

Middlesbr  24 / 22

West Bro   24 / 22

Blackburn are above us on goal difference i think.

Nah, we're -10, they're -11

aye, updated table

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/table/default.stm

just seen this quote from mark hughes on the bbc website "Good players need space   and we were not given any although we should have had a penalty when Micah Richards was brought down in the box."

??? ???

Yes, how dare Stoke close them down.

??? ???

:lol: :lol:

"Their keeper was using his hands to stop our shots going in. I shall be making an official complaint over this on Monday morning."

??? ???

Yes, how dare Stoke close them down.

:lol:

:colo:

definately cant see it happenning and they seem to riase their game for the big 4. hence we seem to go there and walk all over them! good to see them sweat a bit though

??? ???

It's true. Kaka is a world-class player, and look at the space he wanted to put between himself and Man City.

Guest firetotheworks

??? ???

It's true. Kaka is a world-class player, and look at the space he wanted to put between himself and Man City.

:boomboom:

Spurs what an utter shambles.

They are indeed sir.  Especially given that they have rarely had more than 2 or 3 players injured at any point throughout the season.  We seem to always have 6 to 10 out.

I will love it if Rednapp takes Spuds down, love it !!

I suspect that if spurs going down looks at all likely 'arry will jump ship.

Ask any Southampton fan about his commitment to a tough challenge