If you could ask Ashley one thing...

Dave

Why did you bring Keegan back instead of giving the job to Deschamps?

Pretty obvious that one, in fairness.

I'd be more interested in why he appointed Dennis Wise of all people, tbh. Let's face it, neither appointment has been particularly great but the reasons for appointing Keegan are pretty damn obvious. Wise has remained a strange one.

HILARIOUS, WHAT WOULD DECHAMPS ACHIVE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

More than Keegan's 5 Premiership victories in 8 months.

doubt it, he knows nowt about football in he north east of england,...nowt.

If his answer to my original question was to provide an explanation which allay my suspicions then surely that;s the point?

You seem to have already made your mind up though.

Just as leading as some of the other questions.

HILARIOUS, WHAT WOULD DECHAMPS ACHIVE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

More than Keegan's 5 Premiership victories in 8 months.

I am on the floor laughing at you  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd like him to clarify the roles and responsibilities of each member of the football set-up. Day-to-day, who is in charge of each aspect of the football side of things - particularly when it comes to identifying and signing players.

RM - just going by my experience - what I call proper football fans follow clubs. People who just follow England aren't "proper".

It seems unnatural to me to suddenly "appear" in the away end as he did. Even if he'd said "Look, I was a Spurs fan on a casual basis but now I've bought NUFC I'll support them" I'd accept that more readily that what he has or hasn't really said - I'm just suspicious.

If his answer to my original question was to provide an explanation which allay my suspicions then surely that;s the point?

I see what you're saying.

But do you honestly think if he had publicly said he grew up a Spurs fan, that the fans would accept it? Honestly now!

Why try and kid people that you're a football fan?

What gives you the right to deduce that he isn't?

He might not be a 'genuine' Newcastle fan, but there must be something seriously wrong with the man if he decided to get into the football business if he had no interest in it.

He won't say who he supported and according to his statement his first "memory" as a fan was the hand of god at the world cup when he was 23.

I don't trust people who don't support clubs.

Wonder who Keegan supported as a kid?

Guest Howaythetoon

He might not be a 'genuine' Newcastle fan, but there must be something seriously wrong with the man if he decided to get into the football business if he had no interest in it.

He won't say who he supported and according to his statement his first "memory" as a fan was the hand of god at the world cup when he was 23.

Newcastle of course  :idiot2:

With the benefit of hindsight, would he consider appointing WISE a mistake?

corrected your obvious error midds.

tbh, in terms of doing their jobs, Wise has done his better than Keegan in that time frame.

The feel good factor at the time, that the club was moving forward, was not due to Keegan returning, but rather due to the combination of having a new owner, an eloquent and professional chairman, and a new "scouting/deal sealer" mechanism in place. Keegan's return was just the cherry on top.

Wolves.

With the benefit of hindsight, would he consider appointing WISE a mistake?

corrected your obvious error midds.

tbh, in terms of doing their jobs, Wise has done his better than Keegan in that time frame.

The feel good factor at the time, that the club was moving forward, was not due to Keegan returning, but rather due to the combination of having a new owner, an eloquent and professional chairman, and a new "scouting/deal sealer" mechanism in place. Keegan's return was just the cherry on top.

a huge misunderstanding of what went on, or a totally fictional muse.