Looks like Shay is on his way

Dave

Didn't realise Ben Foster was that old! Even so, i'd still consider him a prospect, in that he hasn't played Premiership football regularly yet and - as Baggio says - goalkeepers peak much later in their careers usually (for reasons i'm honestly not sure, one of football's weird ones, that).

Given's a great keeper, but has so many flaws and faults

Why is he a great keeper if he has many flaws & faults?

You saying he hasn't?

No but I would never call someone great with many flaws & faults.

Just so you know, I only really worry about the shots & headers being stopped. He had that phase when long shots were flying past him but I think we over that happening as regularly as last season.

Shearer was a great striker but he had flaws and faults. Gazza was a great footballer but had his flaws and faults.

Didn't realise Ben Foster was that old! Even so, i'd still consider him a prospect, in that he hasn't played Premiership football regularly yet and - as Baggio says - goalkeepers peak much later in their careers usually (for reasons i'm honestly not sure, one of football's weird ones, that).

Experience.

Guest BooBoo

I would have thought because their game is generally not quite as physically demanding. Pace for example isn't an issue.

Because physically they've less to do (last longer in terms of age) and mentally a lot of work and experience to take in (only comes with age).

I would have thought because their game is generally not quite as physically demanding. Pace for example isn't an issue.

10 years in him yet.

So since Ashley and co. came here, we've had five senior players declare their intention to leave:

Dyer - family reasons, really an issue after years in Newcastle?

Solano - family reasons, really an issue as he went of to Greece in less than 12 months?

Milner - just when it seemed Milner wanted to stay and KK was happy to keep him, Milner wants off to Villa

Owen - the club has tried to pre-empt Owen everytime, putting the pressure on the player over his departure

Given - we don't know the full story yet, but can't hide from the fact that we've been looking at long term replacements

Lets not forget the outward appearance that we tried to palm off Smith and Barton, and Barton used a very unusual method to announce his intention to stay.

It is my opinion that it can be perceived that the board might have tried to engineer player departures to cash in and replace with cheapos.

Whether that is true or not remains to be seen, but it is how it looks from the outside.

So since Ashley and co. came here, we've had five senior players declare their intention to leave:

Solano - family reasons, really an issue as he went of to Greece in less than 12 months?

Milner - just when it seemed Milner wanted to stay and KK was happy to keep him, Milner wants off to Villa

Owen - the club has tried to pre-empt Owen everytime, putting the pressure on the player over his departure

Given - we don't know the full story yet, but can't hide from the fact that we've been looking at long term replacements

Lets not forget the outward appearance that we tried to palm off Smith and Barton, and Barton used a very unusual method to announce his intention to stay.

It is my opinion that it can be perceived that the board might have tried to engineer player departures to cash in and replace with cheapos.

Whether that is true or not remains to be seen, but it is how it looks from the outside.

And yet the 3 that have actually left none of them were doing much good for the club.

Bassong was cheap, and i'd rather have Jonas than Milner, Dyer & Solano back at the club.

As long as the cheepo's are like bassong who gives a flying monkey!

Cheapos can reinforce the squad, but they can rarely replace the club's crown jewels, particularly Dyer (when fit), Owen and Given.

Cheapos can reinforce the squad, but they can rarely replace the club's crown jewels, particularly Dyer (when fit), Owen and Given.

Dyer was never fit, and was never a jewel.

Given is the only out of that list who would score as being in his prime and part of the Newcastle furniture, and unless the board decided to lose 5-1 to Liverpool to piss him off then I can't see how they are engineering his departure.

Dyer was never fit, and was never a jewel.

I don't know about that, never really had a problem with Harper playing over shay either.

That's one of your more bizarre posts, even for your standard.

Guest toonlass

JK has had another swear fest apparently in his press conferance.

He wants to watch himself - he doesn't exactly have a stellar medical record.

I wonder why he was angry? Given's story in the media?

Where did you hear that?