Newcastle confirm interest in Ferguson

Thespence

Remember when we were linked with any tom/dick/harry as a striker, and no matter how naff they were, people would remark 'Well, at least he's better than Shola'?

Butt is the midfield equivalent of that now.

But i am not sure Ferguson is any better.

Naughton and Quinn would be two excellent signings. Naughton is an exciting young right back with a big future (apparently) and Quinn was one of Sheffield United's stand-out players when they were in the Premier League (him and Jagielka), he's better than the other ginger player we have in the squad, and most importantly, he hits a great free kick.

My socks just torpedoed into the floorboards.

:lol:

Riise and Ferguson. Super Joe sure has some quality players in mind. :thup:

Sorry for the obviousness but Joe + the super duper scouting team behind him

Aye, I bet those two took some spotting. Just like Bassong!

I thought you would be happy Dave since you've insisted that the manager should pick his signings.

The ED(F) is still in place & running the transfers & contracts, if he was not happy we would not be doing the deal.

Nice try of turning it around.

Everyone on here who was moaning that the manager should be able to sign who he wants should be happy with themselves, they've finally got it.

Forget these foreign players who are scouts have their eye on, Kinnear wants Ferguson and the club are going to get him so they should be happy.

I am not turning anything around, we still have the same system in place but the part TJ played has been split between Decca & Dennis. Do you think Ashley is keeping Dennis on to do f*** all?  

But I think what Dennis/Mike/Joe maybe are doing atm is trying to protect PL status with old heads. If you read the Mike Ashley statement the full version that was in the programme he still makes it clear young talent is still what he is about.

Wise's job will still be the same, the only difference is that it looks like he's going to get the players in the manager wants now instead of these fancy foreigners, Kinnear wants Barry Ferguson and we're going for him so everyone should be happy.

Wise was at Bramall Lane checking on if believed Naughton & Quinn, who sent him there JFK?

People believe a manager should have players they like or at least input because if they don't you end up with chaps like Xisco not playing at all. This does not mean everyone likes the players a manager may bring in.

He's there to find players and bring them to the managers attention, if they've recommended players to Kinnear and he still prefers the likes of Riise and Ferguson then people have already said they would prefer the club to get the players in the manager wants which they look to be doing.

Not sure how Xisco comes into this because he was signed before Kinnear was even here and every new manager coming into a club will find one or two players they don't like.

managers should pick their own players, and use the scouting system to help them do this. the trick is getting in a good manager instead of someone like kinnear. it also helps if they are given money instead of scratching around the SPL for old never has beens.

Indeed, reading some poster's comments on here you'd think it was rocket science..

I thought you would be happy Dave since you've insisted that the manager should pick his signings.

The ED(F) is still in place & running the transfers & contracts, if he was not happy we would not be doing the deal.

Everyone on here who was moaning that the manager should be able to sign who he wants should be happy with themselves, they've finally got it.

Forget these foreign players who are scouts have their eye on, Kinnear wants Ferguson and the club are going to get him so they should be happy.

I am not turning anything around, we still have the same system in place but the part TJ played has been split between Decca & Dennis. Do you think Ashley is keeping Dennis on to do f*** all?  

But I think what Dennis/Mike/Joe maybe are doing atm is trying to protect PL status with old heads. If you read the Mike Ashley statement the full version that was in the programme he still makes it clear young talent is still what he is about.

Wise's job will still be the same, the only difference is that it looks like he's going to get the players in the manager wants now instead of these fancy foreigners, Kinnear wants Barry Ferguson and we're going for him so everyone should be happy.

Wise was at Bramall Lane checking on if believed Naughton & Quinn, who sent him there JFK?

People believe a manager should have players they like or at least input because if they don't you end up with chaps like Xisco not playing at all. This does not mean everyone likes the players a manager may bring in.

He's there to find players and bring them to the managers attention, if they've recommended players to Kinnear and he still prefers the likes of Riise and Ferguson then people have already said they would prefer the club to get the players in the manager wants which they look to be doing.

Not sure how Xisco comes into this because he was signed before Kinnear was even here and every new manager coming into a club will find one or two players they don't like.

How do you/we know Dennis & Jeff have not looked at the team & thought we need a left back with PL experience as Jose is dying in some games. I think we may be going for older players because we are in the shite, do you not think that?

I know you love your Ligue 1 players but maybe this window is not the time for youth or outsiders while were in the mire & it is still Ashley's club his rules & Dennis Wise is more than a "glorified scout" if you believe that your mental, he is the top man on the football side of things.

Anyway we are still linked with them zAnEy foreign types:

The gulf between the two sides is cavernous, but Webo is a hard-working striker. However, in recent weeks the prospect of relegation and insolvency seem to have left him dejected. Rumours that he will be a target for Newcastle United have surfaced once again and it would be difficult to believe the Cameroonian would reject the chance to jump ship, particularly as his former team-mate Jonas Gutierrez made the move to St James Park over the summer.

http://www.clickafrique.com/Magazine/ST010/CP0000003164.aspx

How do you/we know Dennis & Jeff have not looked at the team & thought we need a left back with PL experience as Jose is dying in some games. I think we may be going for older players because we are in the shite, do you not think that?

I know you love your Ligue 1 players but maybe this window is not the time for youth or outsiders while were in the mire & it is still Ashley's club his rules & Dennis Wise is more than a "glorified scout" if you believe that your mental, he is the top man on the football side of things.

The gulf between the two sides is cavernous, but Webo is a hard-working striker. However, in recent weeks the prospect of relegation and insolvency seem to have left him dejected. Rumours that he will be a target for Newcastle United have surfaced once again and it would be difficult to believe the Cameroonian would reject the chance to jump ship, particularly as his former team-mate Jonas Gutierrez made the move to St James Park over the summer.

Because Kinnear is the one saying that these players are what he wants and they don't really fit into what the club was looking for in the Summer.

Wise is over everything on the football side but as I've said, people wanted the club to go for players that the manager wanted and we now look like doing that with Kinnear's recent comments, I love good footballers btw and I don't care where they come from.

So much rubbish coming out of JK's mouth at the moment - we are linked with this player, that player - then he reckons that it's Wise who's doing the 'wheeling and dealing'. The only time we can believe anything, is when a player signs on, on the dotted line.

Yep, the club have no problem getting him because he's going to cost fuck all.

I'd like to see what would happen if Kinnear requested an actual footballer. You know, the ones that cost more than £4m.

We'd sell Martins to fund it.  And fail to spend the rest, with it disappearing into the mysterious vortex with the SKY cash.

How do you/we know Dennis & Jeff have not looked at the team & thought we need a left back with PL experience as Jose is dying in some games. I think we may be going for older players because we are in the s****, do you not think that?

Because Kinnear is the one saying that these players are what he wants and they don't really fit into what the club was looking for in the Summer.

Wise is over everything on the football side but as I've said, people wanted the club to go for players that the manager wanted and we now look like doing that with Kinnear's recent comments, I love good footballers btw and I don't care where they come from.

At the start of season it is okay to have vision but results change things & you have to adapt. We signed Lamine Diatta last season because we were short of first team defenders at the back end of last season, clubs will always go for experience when they are in the mire. I don't think Ashley/Wise would let JFK sign players they were not happy about or think could get us away from the crap at the bottom.

Diatta is on trial at Stoke from Monday, a player you have been posting about for while Joe Ledley looks like he will join Stoke next week for £7 million.

How do you/we know Dennis & Jeff have not looked at the team & thought we need a left back with PL experience as Jose is dying in some games. I think we may be going for older players because we are in the s****, do you not think that?

Baggio, the problem is most people on here don't really accept Kinnear as our manager and rightfully so. He was brought in as a stop gap, and it doesn't bear thinking what will happen if Ashley decides to hand him another contract extension beyond his current one. The fact that we will (hopefully) be on the lookout for a new manager at the end of this season makes it even more difficult to attract good players, because they don't know who their manager is going to be.

Ideally we would replace Kinnear now with a permanent solution for the manager problem. If Ashley is serious about wanting another chance why persevere with a mediocre manager who is well capable of getting us relegated?

Baggio, the problem is most people on here don't really accept Kinnear as our manager and rightfully so. He was brought in as a stop gap, and it doesn't bear thinking what will happen if Ashley decides to hand him another contract extension beyond his current one. The fact that we will (hopefully) be on the lookout for a new manager at the end of this season makes it even more difficult to attract good players, because they don't know who their manager is going to be.

Ideally we would replace Kinnear now with a permanent solution for the manager problem. If Ashley is serious about wanting another chance why persevere with a mediocre manager who is well capable of getting us relegated?

So what you're saying is they should let the manager buy the players that he wants as long as it's a manager that you like? Out of interest would you have preferred the scouting team to have signed players the previous Summer or were you happy with Allardyce's deals?

My own opinion is they should just get in the players they want now, get rid of Kinnear at the end of the season and bring someone in they can work with.

At the start of season it is okay to have vision but results change things & you have to adapt. We signed Lamine Diatta last season because we were short of first team defenders at the back end of last season, clubs will always go for experience when they are in the mire. I don't think Ashley/Wise would let JFK sign players they were not happy about or think could get us away from the crap at the bottom.

Diatta is on trial at Stoke from Monday, a player you have been posting about for while Joe Ledley looks like he will join Stoke next week for £7 million.

We signed Diatta because the transfer window was closed and he didn't have a club, nothing to do with him being experienced.

So what you're saying is they should let the manager buy the players that he wants as long as it's a manager that you like? Out of interest would you have preferred the scouting team to have signed players the previous Summer or were you happy with Allardyce's deals?

My own opinion is they should just get in the players they want now, get rid of Kinnear at the end of the season and bring someone in they can work with.

It's not about who I want as our permanent manager, but about who Ashley and Wise want. They will live or die by that decision. Seeing as Kinnear was brought in as a stop gap I have reasonable hope that they don't consider him as a long term solution (if they do they will self-destruct quicker than I give them credit for), and as such the same does not apply to him as it did to Keegan, who the gave a contract spanning a longer period.

Allardyce's signings didn't work out, but at least he fell into his own sword with that, as Dave has pointed out. How do you ever judge a manager if he isn't allowed to form his own team?

I do agree with you about what they should do in this particular situation, but certainly not as a general rule of thumb. I am in favour of a DoF style system, but one where the manager picks the first team signings, and the DoF look after the scouting and youth development and they work together like sensible adults to do what's right for the club, one focussing on the short term and the other on the long term. I'm not sure what kind of system we have got here though..

Guest Heneage

Jesus I hope this isn't who McKay meant.

You know it.

Worrying thought, though!

Personally I would pass on Ferguson even if it was 3-4m. He has played here and it just didn't work, we need someone with a big physical presence, something for me Ferguson doesn't have.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Kinnear: Get me Barry Ferguson

Wise: LOL sure thing

*3 days later*

Wise: Here's another Nacho

Kinnear: I said Barry Ferguson!!

Wise: Lol pwned.

*3 days later*

Ellis Short - Get me a World class manager

Niall Quinn - LOL sure thing

*3 days later*

Niall Quinn - Here's Ricky Sbragia

Ellis Short - I said a World class manager!!

Niall Quinn - LOL I'm off to get pissed and then drive home. pwned.

*3 days later*

Ellis Short - Get me a World class manager

Niall Quinn - LOL sure thing

*3 days later*

Niall Quinn - Here's Ricky Sbragia

Ellis Short - I said a World class manager!!

Niall Quinn - LOL I'm off to get pissed and then drive home. pwned.

:spit:  :nope: