Hull City 0 - 0 Newcastle (FA Cup) - 03/01/09 - post match reaction from page 21

Dave

Just train woes Greg, nothing spectacular. Was told by the attendant guy to get on the wrong f***ing train then of course missed my actual train. And to top it off I got basically raped by a sniffer dog at Euston and I had to get searched. :lol:

Trains. I once got charged £120 for a train ride back from an away game at Watford a few years ago.

Any permitted route my arse.

Havent read this thread, and been on the razz all day.

watched this live on Nova Sport, and thought it was a really good game like. All toon in first half, Owen should have had 2, esp that second chance, fuck me.

2nd half Hull got back into it, however it was a defo pen for me. Then again, me n my mate sat watchin it live both thought Hull had scored and won it on 77mins.

Jonas was fuckin awesome in the last 20mins, their RB had no chance, just a shame our strikers couldnt finish the chances created.

Would have took a draw beforehand, however im now disapointed.

Just back (had my tea cooked for me by my mate's mum down in Hull :D). Sorry if already said but Chris Hoy needs to learn the rules! Goal keepers are not allowed to handle back passes!!! Ball played back to the dodgy keeper who sliced it - Owen gets his body between keeper and ball - keeper then reaches over Owen (who has not touched the ball) and punches it behind - ref gives a corner!! Muppet! It should have been an indirect free kick and a yellow card for the keeper for ungentlemany conduct.

Oh, and Andy Carroll is gash.

cut him some slack man, cycling is his first love  O0

....sorry  :blush:

Indeed, he made one really good save but all the rest were regulation saves.

Only seen the minimum highlights on ITV but got to agree from what I saw there.  But now he's in the spotlight.  Mind, Curbishley said he thought he wouldn't move and was just making his concerns public.  After a new job in the summer Alan, and want to make life easier?  :shifty:

Seeing the chances again, Owen's first one wasn't a "sitter" at all as people are trying to make out. The second one was when he was clean through and chipped wide, while the third one was a snapshot while being closed down. The way people were going on this afternoon you'd have thought he'd missed 3 open-goals or something.

Seeing the chances again, Owen's first one wasn't a "sitter" at all as people are trying to make out. The second one was when he was clean through and chipped wide, while the third one was a snapshot while being closed down. The way people were going on this afternoon you'd have thought he'd missed 3 open-goals or something.

agree.

BUT, that 2nd chance, the chip, is exactly why you pay a striker £120k a week. To put them in.

Some the people that are saying they were sitters most probably haven't kicked a ball in their lives.

If Martins had missed that chance that Owen chipped wide toontastic would go into meltdown.

agree.

BUT, that 2nd chance, the chip, is exactly why you pay a striker £120k a week. To put them in.

I've seen better strikers than Owen miss easier chances than that.

If Martins had missed that chance that Owen chipped wide toontastic would go into meltdown.

But then toontastic is a bit mental.  Running at pace, with a keeper and defender bearing down on you he did well to ge the ball as close as he did. 

Any way, Martins first touch and passing are the problem.  :cheesy:

Guest Howaythetoon

Unacceptable result, last season they were a championship side and half their players are from there while we had internationals and multi-million pound players in our team. If we don't beat them in the return leg Kinnear's position should be reviewed as the FA Cup represents a route back into Europe which wont come from our league position put it that way and maybe just maybe a way to keep unhappy players here and bring in a new era, a more positive one. Sort it out Joe.

Unacceptable result, last season they were a championship side and half their players are from there while we had internationals and multi-million pound players in our team. If we don't beat them in the return leg Kinnear's position should be reviewed as the FA Cup represents a route back into Europe which wont come from our league position put it that way and maybe just maybe a way to keep unhappy players here and bring in a new era, a more positive one. Sort it out Joe.

Too obvious. Come back and try again later.

What's unacceptable is that we played for a draw for the majority of the game. Scared of Hull's reserves

Thought we really bottled it in the last half hour. Played as if we were happy with a point, wouldn't be surprised if Kinnear is chuffed he got one.

What's unacceptable is that we played for a draw for the majority of the game. Scared of Hull's reserves

Thought we really bottled it in the last half hour. Played as if we were happy with a point, wouldn't be surprised if Kinnear is chuffed he got one.

I'd be seriously, seriously worried about his mental health if he was.

Am sure Kinnear's half-time team talk specified bottling it for the last 30 mnutes but for Duff and Jonas to run at them as much as possible during that period, just to confuse the Hull midfield and ensure the 0-0 was played out safely.

Guest black n white

I think most of those who claim Xisco to be shocking are talking out of their rectum. When a player leaves a club, the fans of the club leaving are often a great judge of how the player will do. Deportivo fans were genuinely gutted to lose Xisco, to give the guy 4 games not even full game may I add, and cal him shocking shows how kneejerk this board and on the wrong day our fans can be.

Did you have a box of kleenex next to you whe nstarting this thread?

And your cock in your hand?

Second-string Hull hold Magpies

Louise Taylor

Resting five key players, including their goalkeeper, captain and principal striker, Phil Brown's side comfortably forced an unwanted replay against a near full-strength Newcastle United.

Bar some typical heroics from Shay Given, though, Joe Kinnear's side could well have headed home to Tyneside out of the Cup, leaving under-strength Hull having averted what Brown described as the "distraction" of a replay at St James' Park. Small wonder Kinnear ducked the post-match press conference.

Whether the Ireland keeper is still around for the second match remains to be seen. After a statement expressing his "discontent" last week, a parting of the ways could be imminent.

Given's first significant save saw him brilliantly palm Daniel Cousin's low shot on to the base of a post after Craig Fagan had dodged Nicky Butt and Steven Taylor down the left before crossing unimpeded. Later, he would deny Cousin, after the striker had spun Fabrizio Coloccini before shooting, and palm away a viciously swerving Geovanni free-kick.

Hull thought their nemesis had, finally, been beaten when Michael Turner's header from Dean Marney's corner was flicked on to the woodwork by Damien Duff, guarding the far post, and arguably crossed the line before dropping for Given to gather. With the incident described as "inconclusive" by Brown, Chris Foy was surely right not to allow the "goal" to stand, but it emphasised Newcastle's short-circuit in concentration after a bright start.

That false Geordie dawn saw a Michael Owen shot deflected for a corner. Having accelerated on to a long punt, Owen then lifted the ball over the advancing Matt Duke, but narrowly wide of an upright.

After one win in 12 games, Hull are discovering the line between success and failure to be similarly fine. "We're starting to get back to that mentality of not being easy to beat, though," reflected a semi-satisfied Brown. "We're improving."

The same cannot be said for Newcastle.

I clearly watched a different last half hour to you two.