Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

Sad day for the club, undoubtedly.

Selling a player who didn't want to be here?

Nah.

Urgh, ok. A sad situation then, that better?

I'm annoyed he's chosen to walk out on us.

But if he doesn't want to be here then he can fucking suck eggs. Hope we spend the cash WISEly. ;) 

I'm sad that one of my personal heroes has decided he's had enough of this shit club. That's what i was getting at. :thup:

Then that's up to you my friend.  :thup:

Personally, I couldn't give a shit about him (or anyone else who doesn't want to play for Newcastle United for that matter). He doesn't want to see it through, then fuck him. 

:thup:

Sums my feelings up completely.

People laughed at me earlier when I told you of the problem with his medical. Nicko has confirmed the same problem.  :rant:

Nicko knows f*** all.

bit of a coincidence though? surely?

So let me get this straight,

NUFC: We want about £8m and this player

MCFC: But he's just failed his medical. How about £3m and not a penny more.

NUFC: Done!

Yeah, whatever.

i'm merely commenting on the failed medical rumour.

and I'm just saying it doesn't add up. Don't take it the wrong away or anything.  :thup:

ah dont worry, i wont.

i just think that it is more plausible than being made out on here.

Guest BigTrev

am i right in thinking we have not actually told anyone any of our transfer fee`s since ashley has been here and the only way we know the price is from the other club

We have got more than expected for every player sold so far under Ashley, why are people believing this failed medical bollocks? :lol:

As said before, I am fairly certain if a player fails a medical he cannot be signed due to insurance purposes (obviously this may not apply in regards to loan signings).

Believe me fatwax, Kinnear would take £0.50p at the moment to try and spend on players, I only give information Iam told, i dont start it, we will never know how much we got for him so leave it at that.

We have got more than expected for every player sold so far under Ashley, why are people believing this failed medical bollocks? :lol:

As said before, I am fairly certain if a player fails a medical he cannot be signed due to insurance purposes (obviously this may not apply in regards to loan signings).

Man City are as rich as the insurers though.

Guest toonlass

People laughed at me earlier when I told you of the problem with his medical. Nicko has confirmed the same problem.  :rant:

Who is Nicko like?

Guest northwestmag1892

Nah.

But if he doesn't want to be here then he can f***ing suck eggs. Hope we spend the cash WISEly. ;) 

I'm sad that one of my personal heroes has decided he's had enough of this s*** club. That's what i was getting at. :thup:

Personally, I couldn't give a s*** about him (or anyone else who doesn't want to play for Newcastle United for that matter). He doesn't want to see it through, then f*** him. 

People not acknowledging what he has given to NUFC beggars belief. "F*** him"??? Maybe show him some f***ing respect.

Had he acted with a bit of honesty and slapped in a transfer request in a month ago then I'd have been easier on him. He didn't. He decided to let his lawyer slag us off and link him with other clubs whilst still under contract.

He can f*** off.

Blimey, what a short term memory. Unbelievably loyal servant that has repeatedly urged whoever has been in charge to strengthen the defence in front of him - perhaps he finally realised that he wasn't being listened to. As to "He can fuck off", that's hardly impressive.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

The "hiding the fee" could also be Man City not wanting to look as if they've caved in.

I think the majority of Man City's deals are undisclosed because everyone knows how loaded they are and they don't want other clubs to be aware of what they've spent on other players. More often than not the amount paid is conjecture or released by the selling club, and not be Citeh.

I just hope its reinvested, it has to be!

And I hope one of the selling points of NUFC to new players is that JFK won't be manager next season

We're dreaming if we think Bent is coming up here. Spuds won't sell and if he had a choice between us and the Mackems I don't think he'd come here.

Spurs won't sell?  Redknapp compared his finishing with that of his wife's in public!

Not whilst Defoe is on the sidelines. If they can bring in Keane the wobbly cunt might sell but even then I don't think they'll take less than £12-15 million - money that I can't see Ashley spending on one player alone at the mo.

The "hiding the fee" could also be Man City not wanting to look as if they've caved in.

I think the majority of Man City's deals are undisclosed because everyone knows how loaded they are and they don't want other clubs to be aware of what they've spent on other players. More often than not the amount paid is conjecture or released by the selling club, and not be Citeh.

And I hope one of the selling points of NUFC to new players is that JFK won't be manager next season

So from day 1 they could do what they want? have no respect for the guy and what he says?  They are in fact promised they are more important then the manager... jeez

Who is Nicko like?

Alan Nixon,  one of the chief Mirror journos.  He's not that bad,  sometimes a bit OTT though.

Guest BigTrev

to be honest can understand why city did not want to pay as much as they did for the others for the simple reason they did not really need shay were as they did need the others

Believe me fatwax, Kinnear would take £0.50p at the moment to try and spend on players, I only give information Iam told, i dont start it, we will never know how much we got for him so leave it at that.

I doubt Kinnear has much say on how much we will accept for a player.

Meh, i guess i'd be satisfied with £8m. A bit disappointing given the prices other keepers go for (was it actually confirmed that Citeh bid £128m for Casillas?)... but at this late stage, it's alright.

Fantastic servant to the club. Desperate for him to do well but i really wish he hadn't signed for them.

Nah.

But if he doesn't want to be here then he can f***ing suck eggs. Hope we spend the cash WISEly. ;) 

I'm sad that one of my personal heroes has decided he's had enough of this s*** club. That's what i was getting at. :thup:

Personally, I couldn't give a s*** about him (or anyone else who doesn't want to play for Newcastle United for that matter). He doesn't want to see it through, then f*** him. 

People not acknowledging what he has given to NUFC beggars belief. "F*** him"??? Maybe show him some f***ing respect.

Had he acted with a bit of honesty and slapped in a transfer request in a month ago then I'd have been easier on him. He didn't. He decided to let his lawyer slag us off and link him with other clubs whilst still under contract.

He can f*** off.

Blimey, what a short term memory. Unbelievably loyal servant that has repeatedly urged whoever has been in charge to strengthen the defence in front of him - perhaps he finally realised that he wasn't being listened to. As to "He can fuck off", that's hardly impressive.

I remember only too well how well he's played for us in the past. Which makes his actions over the last month even more vexing. That bloke has told his lawyer to slag the club off, make himself available for transfer (unofficially) and still draw his wage for us.

He's an excellent goalie but he's a cunt for the way he's gone about things. Handing in a transfer request on the 30th January - fuck off Given. I don't wish injury on him but he's a prick. :hmm:

Guest NobbyOhNobby

So from day 1 they could do what they want? have no respect for the guy and what he says?  They are in fact promised they are more important then the manager... jeez

That's not what I'm saying man. Who in their right mind honestly thinks Kinnear is a good manager and the type of manager to take Newcastle forward beyond staying up this season? I'd be selling the club to players now on the basis that they keep the club up then changes will be afoot in the Summer. Surely there can't be any players other than Peter Fear and Dennis Wise who would actually want to play for Joe Kinnear