Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

Given wont break the appearance record then, how many games short is he?

I love Given and he has been a great servant and top class keeper, but his image has been slightly tarnished for me by leaving in January and releasing that letter through his lawyer.  I would of liked him to stick it out until the end of the season, see where we are and go from their.

More tarnished than him faking injury so he didn't have to play against City?

I love Given and he has been a great servant and top class keeper, but his image has been slightly tarnished for me by leaving in January and releasing that letter through his lawyer.  I would of liked him to stick it out until the end of the season, see where we are and go from their.

He didnt fake injury did he? I thought that was the "officila" line that clubs give.

Guest timmy boy

The whole situation has been a mess but I would think the two clubs agreed that he wouldn't play, more so than Given faking injury. I can't  imagine he would of been in the right frame of mind to play anyhow.

He didnt fake injury did he? I thought that was the "officila" line that clubs give.

i agree

As for Given, the bloke can f*** off

Yeah I mean whats 11 years like

Christ on a bike, he wasn't chained to the goalposts and fed bread and water, he's going now because Man City have offered him 100k a week, if they had been in a similar position 5 years ago and offered him 100k a week do you really think he would have stayed so long? Would he have stayed so long if Man U came in for him just because he loved the North East and the people bla bla?

Us fans have got a hell of a lot more to put up with than Given ever had. I don't get the sympathy, he wanted out when they offered him megabucks, end of. All this bleedin heart stuff is just that. Bleedin heart guff.

officila club lines are a right bastard

It's getting to the point when we won't be able to spend the Shay money, we need to get some players in exchange.

Indeed, hold ut for a very good swap deal or keep him, if they are desperate they will do it or they can fk off.

Richards and Johnson straight swap maybe :lol:

Guest toonlass

looking at the man city squad, i'd have any of these players as part of some sort of combo deal involving £ too, to help strengthen the squad as a whole/provide cover

richards, onouah, johnson, benjani, vassell or even michael ball at LB.

Is shit, and injury ridden, he will fit in nicely here then  bluelaugh.gif

looking at the man city squad, i'd have any of these players as part of some sort of combo deal involving £ too, to help strengthen the squad as a whole/provide cover

richards, onouah, johnson, benjani, vassell or even michael ball at LB.

Gelson Fernandes too. Would be worth at least trying to get some on a loan as part of the Given deal

Swap for Elano maybe, its to late for the cash to come in handy, so pay a lot of sort out a swap, I am happy we are standing firm though City need to learn a lesson.

Aye but bare in mind we aren't doing it out of principal but out of greed.

Swap for Elano maybe, its to late for the cash to come in handy, so pay a lot of sort out a swap, I am happy we are standing firm though City need to learn a lesson.

Aye but bare in mind we aren't doing it out of principal but out of greed.

Its a bit of both aint it? had they made a fair offer first things may be different but they insulted us with a pathetic offer.