Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

We should have played tough on this one and I would lie to see Johnson or Sturrdige but knowing us we'll get 6 mil paid in installments over 10 years if Man City finish in the top 6, win away from home more than 3 times a season and Bellamy gets 20 goals in a seaon.

Hope it all falls apart at Shitty and JFK takes over from sparky.

I feel fucking depressed because of this. Fucking bollox!!!!  

What a terrible time to announce it! Right before our biggest game in years.

We better get AT LEAST 12m and a player for this.

All the best Shay, you will NEVER be forgotten as a hero on Tyneside. You deserve better.

Cheers Shay you abandoning t***

:undecided:

Sorry, this is just the worst time for him to jump ship.

It's one of two transfer windows in a season, it's not like he has that much say in the matter.

Amazed he's hung about this long to be honest. Can't blame him at all.

We've still got Harper, so it's not all doom and gloom.

Given, wanted away, and i think we should do nothing more than thank him for his years at the club. He's leaving with good aswell as bad memories, and this season has been hard on everyone and in life oyu need changes and he's 32 and has decided to make it now rather than a later when he might be too old.

I would like to thank Shay for all his years at the club, and i believe we should all be behind him and wish him luck at Man City. Although i would loved for him to stay, he's made his decision and its all thanks to Ashley and his staff.

Shay thank you for your service to this club !

I feel f***ing depressed because of this. f***ing bollox!!!!  

What a terrible time to announce it! Right before our biggest game in years.

We better get AT LEAST 12m and a player for this.

All the best Shay, you will NEVER be forgotten as a hero on Tyneside. You deserve better.

yip, timing is terrible but really want Shay to leave on best possible terms.

He said a while ago he wanted to go, its agents, cities shitty bids etc. which have delayed this for so long!

Now its a reality Im really scared to hear the fee, said all along it would need to be a decent fee plus player/s, gut feeling is a derisery 8.5 mil which we wont even re-invest!

Please include Johnson AND Gelson, please!

Agree about the timing, fucking awful. Send everyone to the game in an even worse fettle.

£8m is my guess.

Unfortunately, today was going to be the day to get the best fee of City, as it needs to bedone today for him to be allowed to play in the UEFA Cup.

Agree about the timing, fucking awful. Send everyone to the game in an even worse fettle.

£8m is my guess.

Unfortunately, today was going to be the day to get the best fee of City, as it needs to bedone today for him to be allowed to play in the UEFA Cup.

Couldn't have waited until afterwards? I know it was inevitable, but still...

I could take it if he went to Arsenal, Chelsea or Man United. Infact in an Arsenal shirt, i'd want him to do well, but i hope he fails, and city fail and he has to join Wigan after they buy Buffon, or do what Harper's done for years.

Bitter as fuck. Awful attitude.

The sick thing is that we'll either sign no one with this money or sign some completely average cunt who wont improve us.

I cannot believe how far this club has fallen. We are now a selling club. Back to the 80's, people.

ASHLEY OUT!!!!!!

I could take it if he went to Arsenal, Chelsea or Man United. Infact in an Arsenal shirt, i'd want him to do well, but i hope he fails, and city fail and he has to join Wigan after they buy Buffon, or do what Harper's done for years.

Bitter as f***. Awful attitude.

I am bitter, i also really don't want Man City to do well, not our player anymore couldn't give a toss, hope i never hear the 1 Shay Given song either. We all know why he's going. So? Comments of someone with a broken heart, more than sheer bitterness actually.

Why not the summer?