Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

Guest pont-toon

From the mirror journo on the Blackburn forum;

A top move is in jeopardy because a leading player has failed a medical.

The buying club don't know whether to press on or drop the idea.

The selling club need to sell to get money for a striker.

The striker they want is at a club who need to sell him...to bid for a Rovers player.

That is how stupid the market is at this time.

I won't name the player...it's possible the move will happen on a 'staged payments' tomorrow.

Given - Bent - Santa Cruz ?

is that the dood that reckons once Given signs for Citeh it will spark Bent to Toon, Santa Cruz to Spuds and then Crouch to Blackburn

canny tall story that one !!!!

we'll find out now

Guest Stephen927

Hope we have already opened negotiations with potential players, I'm not sure how much can be done between now and 5pm tomorrow.

I'm hoping we have at least £10m to play with.

Read the paragraph, it says to possibly discuss a reduced amount, why do you think it has taken four days to agree a fee because Newcastle wanted a player, we have got no-one, what interest is it for Newcastle to sell less than 24hours before the window shuts as the same as Charlie because there was excahnges involved.

I am telling you Man City have got him on the cheap

Given has in fact failed his medical due to a knee injury, he actually had it twice this afternoon - from what i have heard Man City have turned there attention to Robert Green or a reduced amount of £3m for Given, my friend works at the Sports Technical Injury Centre in Manchester, the deal looks unlikely to happen now, but I believe it did involve a player from City.

DOH !!!

If you'd just waited 5 mins  :crazy2:

Read the paragraph, it says to possibly discuss a reduced amount, why do you think it has taken four days to agree a fee because Newcastle wanted a player, we have got no-one, what interest is it for Newcastle to sell less than 24hours before the window shuts as the same as Charlie because there was excahnges involved.

Ok.

I am telling you, you are a Mackem.

:laugh2: :cheesy:

Am I the only person who doesn't rate Given as highly as others? I'd rather have a goalkeeper that could organise a defence or at least a wall on a freekick. Fantastic shotstopper though but it's not like he ever kept us in games, if he played well, we usually lost.

No you're not the only person.

Aye I believe you, thousands wouldn't...

All systems go Dennis, work your magic sunshine.

Aye! Get those bodies in!

I hope I wrong but can anyone else really see anyone other than Ryan Taylor signing?? Screwed again by Dennis the Fuckwit wise, still got Geremi, lost Shay and Insomnia. No money spent and no players

So far thats Milner 12mil, Shay 5-6m? and Zog 6m? Nolan 4m and Talyor 2m, what happened to the other 12 mil and the money we where promised this window??? We have been royally shafted again :(

Am I the only one who thinks that doesn't make any sense?..

Brilliant player, awesome servant to the club but time to go if you dont want to be here.

It not only gives a brilliant deputy a chance, but will help bring on Krul/Foster - both of which are class acts.

Aslong as this money is used before the window shuts, i'll be happy.

All systems go Dennis, work your magic sunshine.

Aye! Get those bodies in!

I hope I wrong but can anyone else really see anyone other than Ryan Taylor signing?? Screwed again by Dennis the Fuckwit wise, still got Geremi, lost Shay and Insomnia. No money spent and no players

So far thats Milner 12mil, Shay 5-6m? and Zog 6m? Nolan 4m and Talyor 2m, what happened to the other 12 mil and the money we where promised this window??? We have been royally shafted again :(

Be patient. Its not over yet.