Palermo V Newcastle United - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Fucking spot on. Fully expected us to be easily beaten.

Fair play to Luque, Butt and Krul for doing the business. Luque scored which is the important bit, though he didn't do much else.

The number of times we should have killed it off towards the end was annoying though, with a pacy striker and some movement we'd surely have had more goals on the counter attack.

Glad to see we won like, still a bit pessimistic about Saturday. I wont be however if we manage to be consistent and put in another performance like that, but this is Newcastle and consistancy isn't something we have managed this season... Apart from getting beat.

Such a professional performance as we concentrated fully the whole match and we dealt with everything they brought to us.

I'm a very happy toon fan right now, every player did their bit and I'm well chuffed for luque and krul!  :thup: :punk:  :nufc:

superb performance ,if i had one critisism i think our forward players could have held the ball up better at times and looked for a clever pass .the defence stood up really well considering the changes and opposition .but i thought our midfield was excellent and i wonder if mr roeder now has a decision or two to make for the sheffield match because none of those lads deserve to be left out and that includes luque who needs games to see if he has a future .have to play two up front at home though.

Guest maroonman

They said on Channel Five there were 180 Toon followers there.

Given that Five's coverage was pisspoor that's probably a lot of bollox.

But a great result for the boys tonight - Palermo are joint top of an admittedly weakened Serie A but it's a cracking result nonetheless.

:thup:

Guest Ridzuan

Im just disappointed that their captain,Barzagli which is one of my favourite defender,wasnt playing as well as he is capable of.But I think that help us in getting that goal which is a good thing.

I'm delighted with that, haven't enjoyed a match as much as that all season. Well done lads, that's how to play away from home in Europe frustrate the home team, nick a goal and win 1-0, I think that's the first time I've seen us manage to pull it off.

Well done to Krul, the more he had to do the more confident he seemed to get and the more relaxed I got. Excellent cross from Milner and I have to say I thought what Luque did, he did well. Maybe, I'd have liked to have seen him chasing down a bit more, but to be honest the majority of times strikers do that it's just wasted effort.

The defence were good tonight and it was noticable that the midfield protected them more than they normally do.

Also, this:

Did anyone notice that Taylor and Ramage didnt get forward? Or am i wrong?

I cant recall Taylor or Ramage over laping on the wings, They stayed back so we were solid in defense.

Butt was good and showed alot of expierence.

I've been wanting them to do that for ages, at the moment all I want from our defenders is for them to defend, and if once they've done that, they get a chance to get further up the pitch into an attacking position....

...I want them to defend.

Defend, defend, defend!!

Don't even cross the half-way line, if a defender scores, what the fuck was he doing anywhere near their goal!?! why wasn't he defending? fine the fucker a weeks wages for deserting his post.

Seriously, let the rest worry about scoring, that's their job, and there's more of them, just defend, that's what defenders do, you know.

Guest Ridzuan

I saw Taylor got forward once but he got knock off the ball easily.He was running forward with the ball but with no aim whatsoever.

Guest optimistic nit

is that so? ;)

just remembered i know a palermo fan. was in today with the scarf and everything. :lol: said we'd beat them 3-1, knowing full well i'd be coming in tomorrow blaming the pitch, wind and the referee... and maybe bramble, luque and injuries too. all i can say is mackems.gif

moore was may favourite performer after krul and milner. i've rated him all throuought the season, and i reckon this is the best performance of the lot.

Guest optimistic nit

doesn't go to ground too often either. he's got a good footballing brain for someone who spent the whole of last year at the bottom of a whiskey bottle ;)

Guest Ridzuan

I saw Moore blocking off players twice in the match which is pretty disappointing.He was lucky not to get booked.But overall,he did okay.