Newcastle United 2 - 2 West Ham United - 10/01/09 - Post match reaction from P16

PM

Just got in.

First off, Bellamy is a cracking player. Looked like the Bellamy of old today, took his goal really well.

Given - Despite West Ham's dominance for the majority of the game, he didn't have alot to do today.

Taylor - Defensively s***. Going forward, he had the legs and the determination to get down the right wing, but when he got there he didn't know what to do with it, didn't cross into the box once (or if he did, barely did) and generally gave it back to the opposition.

Colocinni and Bassong - Didn't look that good today at all. Didn't win many headers against Cole and looked outstrengthened by West Ham's attacking players.

Enrique - Good going forward, a few cracking crosses but again, he cannit pass for s***.

Jonas - Was absolutely fantastic in the last 10 minutes, shame we missed him the first 80. Missed an absolute sitter.

Geremi - Actually makes me miss Nicky Butt. Woeful.

(Zoggy - Turned the game. Looked positive, had the legs and was always attacking rather than looking scared to)

Guthrie - Did his job to an extent. Funnily enough, had a Scott Parker day today - i.e running around and round and not really getting anywhere - the lack of support he got when making forward runs was shocking. He was the only one looking to take us forward but noone would follow.

Duff - Decent assist for Carroll, unnoteable elsewhere really.

Owen - Good goal, good few runs and passes. Other than that, nothing really...

Carroll - Won almost everything in the air, looked hungry and up for it. Despite his goal however, doesn't look to have good enough quality in terms of play.

Overall, we looked too scared to give it go. We were backing off and giving their players too much space. Noone would put a tackle in either, we just let them skip past us.

The Referee had a s*** game. I didn't see alot wrong with the disallowed own goal, and we had a few decent penalty appeals. He just looked like he was trying to be controversial.

The defence will get the stick, but we conceded the midfield battle for large parts of the game. The defence shouldn't be coming under so much pressure at home, but until we get four midfielders with good engines in the team together we are bound to struggle against quicker players. Previously we've had Butt, today he was replaced by Geremi.

One clapped out old fart replaces another and hey presto, it's Jurassic park week again.

exactly, like i said they got to the edge of our penalty area easily time and time again, thats where the first goal came from, a little through ball from the edge of the area

Guest toonlass

Given 7

Enrique 4

Collocini 5

Bassong 7

Taylor 4

Jonas 7

Guthrie 6

Geremi 3

Duff 6

Owen 6

Carroll 6

Subs:

N'Zogbia 6

Geremi was fucking hopeless, Taylor and Enrique were shit, Jonas was great in the first half and alright in the second.

Just got in.

First off, Bellamy is a cracking player. Looked like the Bellamy of old today, took his goal really well.

Given - Despite West Ham's dominance for the majority of the game, he didn't have alot to do today.

Taylor - Defensively s***. Going forward, he had the legs and the determination to get down the right wing, but when he got there he didn't know what to do with it, didn't cross into the box once (or if he did, barely did) and generally gave it back to the opposition.

Colocinni and Bassong - Didn't look that good today at all. Didn't win many headers against Cole and looked outstrengthened by West Ham's attacking players.

Enrique - Good going forward, a few cracking crosses but again, he cannit pass for s***.

Jonas - Was absolutely fantastic in the last 10 minutes, shame we missed him the first 80. Missed an absolute sitter.

Geremi - Actually makes me miss Nicky Butt. Woeful.

(Zoggy - Turned the game. Looked positive, had the legs and was always attacking rather than looking scared to)

Guthrie - Did his job to an extent. Funnily enough, had a Scott Parker day today - i.e running around and round and not really getting anywhere - the lack of support he got when making forward runs was shocking. He was the only one looking to take us forward but noone would follow.

Duff - Decent assist for Carroll, unnoteable elsewhere really.

Owen - Good goal, good few runs and passes. Other than that, nothing really...

Carroll - Won almost everything in the air, looked hungry and up for it. Despite his goal however, doesn't look to have good enough quality in terms of play.

Overall, we looked too scared to give it go. We were backing off and giving their players too much space. Noone would put a tackle in either, we just let them skip past us.

The Referee had a s*** game. I didn't see alot wrong with the disallowed own goal, and we had a few decent penalty appeals. He just looked like he was trying to be controversial.

Pretty much this, for me.

Corners and free-kicks. My word, were they awful today.

Corners and free-kicks. My word, were they awful today.

Aye. Green had it so fucking easy. Every ball either went over the bar, or straight into his arms. We didn't test them once.

Haven't read the rest of the thread, so don't know if it has been mentioned already that Kris Boyd was at the game, and was sitting behind me with his dad, younger brother and another Rangers player (whose name I have forgotten).

He was sitting just along from the mighty Nile Ranger, and the wonderful Habib Beye, in the hospitality box where the non playing players sit. He stayed right til the end, and didn't nick off before the end to miss any paps.

Guest marky555

Haven't read the rest of the thread, so don't know if it has been mentioned already that Kris Boyd was at the game, and was sitting behind me with his dad, younger brother and another Rangers player (whose name I have forgotten).

He was sitting just along from the mighty Nile Ranger, and the wonderful Habib Beye, in the hospitality box where the non playing players sit. He stayed right til the end, and didn't nick off before the end to miss any paps.

Serious?

Id take him over any of the other linked Rangers players like. Bangs them in for Rangers albeit in the SPL, but if we got him cheap enough could be worth a shot?

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

Cant be too disappointed i suppose, draw sounds fair enough result. Did bellamy celebrate his goal?

Cant be too disappointed i suppose, draw sounds fair enough result. Did bellamy celebrate his goal?

yes

Not much, he did but was subdued in his celebration. For those that thought Bellamy was shit in the past; he's still the same, same strengths same weaknesses. Scored a good goal, missed another similar chance. We were better with him. As for Parker, did ok today, we allowed him to be; we are better off without him.  We should have won yet looked like losing.

Guest michaelfoster

Given 7 Didnt have much to do but made one fantastic save when one on one.

Enrique 6 Did ok defensively but doesnt get forward enough & cant pass very well

Coloccini  6 Did a decent job

Bassong 6 Did decent job but should of cleared the ball better on built up to their 2nd goal

Taylor 5 Did ok getting forward but cant cross when at RB

Jonas 7 Had a good first half but was quiet for most of the 2nd until the last 10 mins

Guthrie 6 Was very average, didnt get forward enough considering he was the attacking midfielder & dwells on ball so ends up loosing it.

Geremi 4 The invisible man

Duff 5 Got an assist for Carrolls goal but was largely poor

Owen 6 Scored but did little else, goal was lucky as WH's gk & defending was poor & i dont think he meant the first touch before he shot

Cornrow Kid 7 Id say he was MOM today, put himself about, won headers, caused the defence more problems than Owen did & his first touch & passing was decent

Subs:

N'Zogbia 6 Pace caused the defenders problems

Never seen that site before! Very interesting, especially the bad passes bit. I thought Jose had a poor game.

Check the Sunderland players bad passes compared to some of ours

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/premier-league/2008-2009/middlesbrough-sunderland-236826.html

Guest Heneage

I only watched the first half but tbh we bossed them put some lovely attacking moves together if we play like that against Hull we will be fine.

Christ, Taylor for that goal. :lol:

Christ, the stick he is getting on here is ASTOUNDING.

[/HTT]

If it wasn't serious it would be funny. The way he first just stood and let his man go, arms aloft, and then point to Coloccini just as Cole was pulling the trigger was vintage.

Christ, Taylor for that goal. :lol:

Christ, the stick he is getting on here is ASTOUNDING.

[/HTT]

If it wasn't serious it would be funny. The way he first just stood and let his man go, arms aloft, and then point to Coloccini just as Cole was pulling the trigger was vintage.

I'm sick of Taylor playing with his arms out, constantly pointing at others.  He seemed to do it more than ever today.

A bit like Andy O'Brien who constantly seemed to play with one arm raised in the air.