The Mackems Game

Tooj

I must say I'm dreading this now, I'm fully aware survival is the main priority but I reaelly couldn't take losing to Sunderland twice in one season and going down. That would be one of my lowest ebbs in supporting this club.

I'm aware they haven't been performing that great lately as well btw, but this game means everything to us, and it's a chance for us to get some pride back as well after the performances as of late.

It'll be interesting as well how things go if we haven't signed anyone of note in this window and we get a bad result. There could be some scenes in the stands, definitely.

Seems like Guthrie is out for this one if you believe Thomo in the Newcastle v Carlisle thread......

"Krul played in goal, the t**t of a chairman was standing next to Kinnear throughout.

Also Guthrie has torn his Hamstring and will be out for approx 6-8 weeks."

Guest toonlass

Depends if we get a right back by then, and if Martins is fit. Without our best players we look powder puff and there's too many missing at the moment.

No chance, physioroom has him out until the 22nd Feb.

Tell you what if we lose this on top of making no signings I reckon there will be hell on after the game, they will be on a right old windup and our fans will be right on the edge.

I am just dreading this game.

I must say I'm dreading this now, I'm fully aware survival is the main priority but I reaelly couldn't take losing to Sunderland twice in one season and going down. That would be one of my lowest ebbs in supporting this club.

This. :(

I'm completely and utterly dreading it.

My mate from work is having her son's christening while the match is on and said she understood I'd want to go to the match, so we agreed I wouldn't go. Now I wish I'd said I'd go to the christening, at least then I'd have a nice day out too look forward to.  :no:

URGGH!

Guest icemanblue

GOD I HOPE SO PLEASE LET IT BE

Oba Martins aims for Tyne-Wear derby return

NEWCASTLE UNITED were finally handed some good news today when they discovered that Oba Martins could be fit in time to face Sunderland on February 1

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/21/oba-martins-aims-for-tyne-wear-derby-return-72703-22744123/

Thank fuck for that!

My mate from work is having her son's christening while the match is on and said she understood I'd want to go to the match, so we agreed I wouldn't go. Now I wish I'd said I'd go to the christening, at least then I'd have a nice day out too look forward to.  :no:

URGGH!

What on Earth is wrong with her?

From the outside, this will be a game where people could really realise how much trouble Newcastle are in.

Personally I think you'll win. The thing is though, if not a performance, passion would get you through to a win in similar games in the past.

Does the team have that same passion? If you don't win, it might sink in to outsiders that it really is a desperate time.

Imo, it'll simply be the team that plays less badly that wins. Could be a right slog.

URGGH!

Dunno. Think her husband's a bit pussywhipped like.

What on Earth is wrong with her?