The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Comparing Keegan with SBr is like comparing Nobby Solano with Beckham, one has had a great spell here and has developed a cult status the other is a genuine class player who's done it every where even at thehighest level.

Theres no comparison, I'd imagine that those who;d say they'd rather have Keegan back are the same ones who rate Solano higher than Keegan, the logic is pretty identical.

rate solano higher than Keegan???

talking bollox as usual.

Oh come on it was obviously a typo and Fredbob was referring to Solano over Beckham. You're just sidestepping the issue

i accept, Sbr was a more accomplished manager, than KK, but taking age into account, and the fact keegan , had a better record here. Plus the fact, Keegan has at least one good job left in him.

So your case rests on Bobbys age and your stupid idea that "Keegan has at least one good job left in him"

A question for yourself.

Who the fuck would ever hire Keegan again after yet another walk out?

My case is simple.

I went to my first match in 1971, ive supported ever since.Keegan and Sbr were the 2 best managers, in all that time. KK just edged it for me, but thats no slight on SBR, who did very well.

now run along 2 shits.

Comparing Keegan with SBr is like comparing Nobby Solano with Beckham, one has had a great spell here and has developed a cult status the other is a genuine class player who's done it every where even at thehighest level.

Theres no comparison, I'd imagine that those who;d say they'd rather have Keegan back are the same ones who rate Solano higher than Keegan, the logic is pretty identical.

talking bollox as usual.

Oh come on it was obviously a typo and Fredbob was referring to Solano over Beckham. You're just sidestepping the issue

i accept, Sbr was a more accomplished manager, than KK, but taking age into account, and the fact keegan , had a better record here. Plus the fact, Keegan has at least one good job left in him.

So your case rests on Bobbys age and your stupid idea that "Keegan has at least one good job left in him"

A question for yourself.

Who the f*** would ever hire Keegan again after yet another walk out?

Yes he walked out after the plc at Newcastle, aside from Newcastle,

You can hardly blame him for leaving Fulham & not only taking the England job, but taking it when everyone was begging him to.

He 'walked out' on England when everyone wanted him to go, and when he held his hands up and said 'I'm not up to the job anymore', yes, he walked out, but take it in the context, everyone wanted him out man, he gave them his wish and was honest about his assesment.

After 4 years at Man City he felt he couldnt take them further, felt the club needed a change (after getting promoted first time of asking, and establishing them in the Prem) and said he would not be signing another contract after the current one. So Man City felt it was best if he left early so they could plan ahead.

He 'walked out' on England when everyone wanted him to go, and when he held his hands up and said 'I'm not up to the job anymore', yes, he walked out, but take it in the context, everyone wanted him out man, he gave them his wish and was honest about his assesment.

Yet Mike Ashley gets some slack for also giving the fans "what they wanted". Keegan however walks out of EVERY job dropping the club/fans/country in the shit along the way.

Yet Mike Ashley gets some slack for also giving the fans "what they wanted". Keegan however walks out of EVERY job dropping the club/fans/country in the s***.

Did he leave Man City in the shit? He 'left England in the shit', when if he'd stayed on, everyone would have been saying 'we're in the shit as long as he stays'?

Did he leave Man City in the shit? He 'left England in the shit', when if he'd stayed on, everyone would have been saying 'we're in the shit as long as he stays'?

Not sure if my wording came across badly. I was standing up for Kevin there. Just drawing comparisons with the flack he gets against Ashley doing the same thing.

Guest fading star

talking bollox as usual.

A question for yourself.

You can hardly blame him for leaving Fulham & not only taking the England job, but taking it when everyone was begging him to.

After 4 years at Man City he felt he couldnt take them further, felt the club needed a change (after getting promoted first time of asking, and establishing them in the Prem) and said he would not be signing another contract after the current one. So Man City felt it was best if he left early so they could plan ahead.

How many other managers can say they’re never been sacked.

Did he leave Man City in the s***? He 'left England in the s***', when if he'd stayed on, everyone would have been saying 'we're in the s*** as long as he stays'?

Not sure if my wording came across badly. I was standing up for Kevin there. Just drawing comparisons with the flack he gets against Ashley doing the same thing.

Sorry aye, you we're bieng sarcastic aye?

talking bollox as usual.

A question for yourself.

How many other managers can say theyre never been sacked.

Not very difficult when he walks out or quits honourably (depending on the view you take) at the slightest hint of trouble. Re England, obviosuly he would have been sacked had he not walked out/quit.

For the record, I still think highly of KK (though his latest walk out decreased my rerspect significantly). I just can't agree and will not agree with anyone who says he is a better manager than SBR overall. 

talking bollox as usual.

A question for yourself.

How many other managers can say theyre never been sacked.

Not very difficult when he walks out or quits honourably (depending on the view you take) at the slightest hint of trouble. Re England, obviosuly he would have been sacked had he not walked out/quit.

For the record, I still think highly of KK (though his latest walk out decreased my rerspect significantly). I just can't agree and will not agree with anyone who says he is a better manager than SBR overall.  

Well how can you possible even begin to judge it, how i see it anyway was

Motivaton factor: Keegan > Bobby

Tactics              : =

Signings            : Keegan > Bobby

Squad Harmony: Keegan > Bobby

Youth Dev        : Keegan < Bobby

Win Record      : Keegan > Bobby

But then again he didn't win anything in his whole career, so the above don't count for much.  The above is my opinion, not saying its definitive.  I love them both and each of their spells here equally.

In the end the proper criteria for judging a manager's ability is not made-up subjective categories but what they have achieved during their careers.

While Keegan certainly achieved a lot during his first spell here, Sir Bobby's managerial CV is one of the most illustrious in the history of the game.

"Keegan at NUFC" may have achieved more than "Sir Bobby at NUFC," but objectively, Kevin Keegan as a manger isn't fit to lace Sir Bobby Robson's boots.

talking bollox as usual.

A question for yourself.

How many other managers can say they’re never been sacked.

I don't think anyone is saying that though.

In the end the proper criteria for judging a manager's ability is not made-up subjective categories but what they have achieved during their careers.

While Keegan certainly achieved a lot during his first spell here, Sir Bobby's managerial CV is one of the most illustrious in the history of the game.

"Keegan at NUFC" may have achieved more than "Sir Bobby at NUFC," but objectively, Kevin Keegan as a manger isn't fit to lace Sir Bobby Robson's boots.

I think if history had of been different we would have ended up with SBR straight after Kegler.  SBR with his hands on the team that Kegler built would have been scray prospect for the rest of the prem.

If he had of taken the nufc job on right after kegler it would have been a good measure of the two managers.

But you could also argue that SBR had much more experience then Kegler, who knows if Kegler never left we may have won the league the following season having gained the experience from the first failure.

All ifs n buts like.

:thup:

where were you 92-97 , old type?

is it relevant?  read the bit in bold - you'll no doubt not have a fuckin clue what it means

is it relevant?  read the bit in bold - you'll no doubt not have a fuckin clue what it means

up yours mr majorspasm, if you say things like....not fit to lace his boots, your not being objective.

too many people on here, have opinions, and spouting off about things they never saw.

up yours mr majorspasm, if you say things like....not fit to lace his boots, your not being objective.

too many people on here, have opinions, and spouting off about things they never saw.

i didn't say it mate, but i saw most of what keegan did and achieved in his first period (home & away) so don't give me that shite

how much did you see of robson when he was winning shit all over europe then, seeing as you're talking about opinions and objectivity?

i didn't say it mate, but i saw most of what keegan did and achieved in his first period (home & away) so don't give me that shite

how much did you see of robson when he was winning shit all over europe then, seeing as you're talking about opinions and objectivity?

i never said , it was your point, you jumped in , when i was questioning old types opinions,.. if you dont want me to reply, then why did you butt in,

i never said , it was your point, you jumped in , when i was questioning old types opinions,.. if you dont want me to reply, then why did you butt in,

didn't say i didn't want you to reply - i want you to be able to argue and reason like an adult, but you can't

EDIT: and it seemed to me were actually gonna question his attendance rather than his opinion, am i wrong?

<b>In the end the proper criteria for judging a manager's ability is not made-up subjective categories but what they have achieved during their careers.</b>

Sir Bobby's managerial CV is one of the most illustrious in the history of the game.

:clap: