The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

If he came back to St James' with another club what would the crowd reaction be?

You saw the reaction for him at the Hull game, and that was before those running us had made an even bigger mess than they already had.

Would have thought that since he walked away because he couldn't do his job that he'd have been clambering to get back into work.

You would have thought clubs like Blackburn, Derby, WBA, Charlton, Celtic, Hibs, Reading, etc. would have been doing anything to give a good manager who was simply being undermimed the chance to give him full rule of a club.

Would have thought that since he walked away because he couldn't do his job that he'd have been clambering to get back into work.

You would have thought clubs like Blackburn, Derby, WBA, Charlton, Celtic, Hibs, Reading, etc. would have been doing anything to give a good manager who was simply being undermimed the chance to give him full rule of a club.

loyal ties to former clubs are a character trait of keegans. He had some good years as a player at saints.

Isn't it wierd that Liverpool have never approached Keegan to be their manager over the years?

I'm sure there was rumours of it when he was first in charge of us, mainly due to how much Souness has ruined them. Obviously nothing ever came of it of course.

Guest habibbeye

Anybody a bit miffed Keegan has not sent the fans of the club that he loves so much a message recently?

Anybody a bit miffed Keegan has not sent the fans of the club that he loves so much a message recently?

Would be a bit difficult for him to comment at this moment in time really given that all the real shit started/became apparent when he left.

0807 BST: Former Newcastle United boss Kevin Keegan could be set for a return to management at Southampton after being spotted holding a meeting with Saints legend Matt Le Tissier and former chairman Lee Crouch.

Full story: Southern Daily Echo

Wonder how long until he runs away from that job?

0807 BST: Former Newcastle United boss Kevin Keegan could be set for a return to management at Southampton after being spotted holding a meeting with Saints legend Matt Le Tissier and former chairman Lee Crouch.

Probably about five years?

Years?  :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

Years?  :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

I forgot.  He's never been at a club for five years has he?

he's a risky man to appoint given his previous history, his fault or not

I hope he doesn't get the job.

Either way, it's fucking lose lose. If he stays and is a success people come out with 'SEE!!11 HE'S MINT-AS! LOLLZ ASHLEY!' and if he fails and runs off "SAME OLD KEEGAN - SCAREDDY CATT LIKESS!!1"

Will it ever fucking end?

Clearly not held in the high esteem at other clubs that he still is here by some, which would suggest it's probably now misguided/outdated on our part.

He's too high risk given his history of walking out when things don't go his way. Only a club like Southampton where he has some connection are likely to take a chance on him, they need to take that sort of risk now they're on the brink.

To be fair, apart from his second stint here he has left every club he has managed firmly established in a league one division higher than when he joined them.

Southampton would kill for that. Fuck me, I know we would!

Guest firetotheworks

he's a risky man to appoint given his previous history, his fault or not

That's a fair assessment.

Probably when those above him prove to be complete and utter morons like this time.

Be honest, I only think of Keegan managing us, and when hes at another club, it doesn't make me too happy. Still didn't  get closure on the way it all burned down with him.

What I wouldn't give now for a manager with a 3 out of 3 success rate for getting a team promoted as champions in his first full season in charge.

to be fair he only really worked the magic here. at fulham and citeh he was given spending power far in advance of the competition. (i think)