At present has Mike Ashley got your backing?

dcmk
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There maybe a thread like this if there is i'm sorry didnt see it :doh:

However lets forget all the drama of the past and not bring up the K man!  Just curious to know the answer to this - seems to be split down the middle, if the club is to grow surely we must back him right?

Has this guy got that in the majority here?  Can he ever?

At this very moment in time? Absolutely no chance.

Not just because of the KK stuff and all that followed in the days/weeks afterwards, but because of numerous things such as being on day 20 of the transfer window without any movement in or out, because Joe Kinnear is our manager, because of the contract situations of numerous players (I include Shola Ameobi's new deal in this), because of the apathy that is sweeping the support... I could go on and on and on.

It's possibly the most disheartening time I've had as a Newcastle supporter (not as old as some, obviously) and for that he has to take an awful lot of the blame. I genuinely believe we're at the stage now where he's too far gone. Too much has gone awry and I'm not convinced he has the ability, the desire or the finances to turn it around. Such a shame as well, because unlike some on here I don't believe this has been his "grand plan" all along.

Whether the bloke is just clueless, has been badly advised, or just unlucky; I can't believe he's happy about how things have turned out. That doesn't mean I support him though because the buck has to stop somewhere - and at the end of the day he bought the club, he owns the club and he's in a position to make a difference and for whatever reason it just isn't happening.

No he has had 3 transfer windows and 3 managers to win us over and he has failed.

He didn't want the 1st or 3rd managers to be fair like.

1st yeah i agree with, but without getting into another Keegan debate if he had backed KK then he wouldnt have had to bring in JFK.

Not one!

Previously before the new season, he seemed to listen to the fans.  Remove Allaryce because of fans opinion, appointment of someone to bring back attractive football.

I really hope he starts this again, try attend games - directors box and see how unhappy we are with Kinnear/performances etc.  He needs to make an effort to show he has a strong renewed interest in NUFC.

Guest Wally_McFool

Feb 2nd - he has until then.

This.....

although I fully expect Ashley to do fuck all to help save the club.

Its deffo the last chance saloon for the man.

Defeat to Sunderland and no new meaningful signings by the end of the window will probably start the real shit storm off.

At this very moment in time? Absolutely no chance.

Not just because of the KK stuff and all that followed in the days/weeks afterwards, but because of numerous things such as being on day 20 of the transfer window without any movement in or out, because Joe Kinnear is our manager, because of the contract situations of numerous players (I include Shola Ameobi's new deal in this), because of the apathy that is sweeping the support... I could go on and on and on.

It's possibly the most disheartening time I've had as a Newcastle supporter (not as old as some, obviously) and for that he has to take an awful lot of the blame. I genuinely believe we're at the stage now where he's too far gone. Too much has gone awry and I'm not convinced he has the ability, the desire or the finances to turn it around. Such a shame as well, because unlike some on here I don't believe this has been his "grand plan" all along.

Whether the bloke is just clueless, has been badly advised, or just unlucky; I can't believe he's happy about how things have turned out. That doesn't mean I support him though because the buck has to stop somewhere - and at the end of the day he bought the club, he owns the club and he's in a position to make a difference and for whatever reason it just isn't happening.

This is my thoughts entirely.

Disagree with those saying "we'll see after the transfer window is shut", cos i don't think i'd give Joe Kinnear megabucks to spend either.

Alright, i'm not being entirely serious there. Ashley would be reserving the funds regardless of who the manager was - we noticed that with Keegan aswell and i don't think it's a coincidence that it's happening again with JFK.

Up until fairly recently, i've sort of been an Ashley sympathiser; i didn't pin the blame entirely on him, and i agreed with most of his policies. My opinion of him diminishes by the day now. Like Rich, i've never agreed with this so called pro-Spurs paranoid bullshit that some people seem hell-bent on believing, but in spite of his positive systems, he's fucked up royally and it's pointless holding hope now. Every day that i've woken up to hear that Kinnear and Wise are still there, and we haven't approached a new manager, my support for the guy has continued to wain. On September the 6th, or whenever it was Keegan had gone - there was still an opportunity to maintain stability at the club. Whether it was A: ditching the system and appointing a brand spanking new manager. Or B: kept the system and appointed a yes-man, which might have worked.

He bottled it though, and did neither, and look what it's done to us. I don't think it matters whether or not he's got our backing tbh. He's too far gone. He's not going to sit down and give it another shot. It's clear that he's got no ambitions left for the club and i'm just desperate for him to go tbh, because we'll go nowhere but ultimately down whilst he is in charge.

I did until he offered Kinnear a 2 and a half year contract extension.  I can't fathom the rational behind it, it's Roeder mark 2.

Guest Stephen927

I think he has got a lot to prove.

He's got my backing because at the moment there is no other alternative, and as we learned with Freddy Shepherd it's better the devil you know.