At present has Mike Ashley got your backing?

dcmk
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

100% yes. Anyone who isn't behind Ashley isn't a true Newcastle fan.

We moaned all the time that FFS should go and Ashley put his money where his mouth is, cleared the debt and any right minded Newcastle fan love him for it. unfortunately there is a poisonous minority at this club who have made him feel unwelcome and made us susceptible to foreign ownership. If we end up with someone like Tom Hicks, I hope you feel proud of yourselves you toxic bastards.

We moaned all the time that FFS should go and Ashley put his money where his mouth is, cleared the debt and any right minded Newcastle fan love him for it. unfortunately there is a poisonous minority at this club who have made him feel unwelcome and made us susceptible to foreign ownership. If we end up with someone like Tom Hicks, I hope you feel proud of yourselves you toxic bastards.

Weapons grade horse shit.

In one of the statements released by the club, they said something like 'club was still hemorrhaging money' or something along those lines, so are all the debts gone?

I'll support him until he makes his next appointment, if he gets that one wrong then I'll have no time for him.

If Kinnear is his idea of the person to take us forwards then he's barking mad.

In one of the statements released by the club, they said something like 'club was still hemorrhaging money' or something along those lines, so are all the debts gone?

I think the debt still exists its just owed to Ashley instead of a bank, probably with no interest attached (which is exactly what Roman did at Chelsea). The club may well be haemorrhaging money. We lost £12 million in the year to July 2007 and in that year we had European football and good attendances. Not much has changed to the cost base since then. Same overheads, same high wages etc. But the income is probably down since then so a loss is likely. And the only person who can fund that loss is Ashley.

In answer to the thread - No. He's a chancer who hit the jackpot when he floated a dodgy chain of sports shops and thought it would be the ultimate toy to own a Premiership club. He had no idea what he was buying, didn't understand the importance of the club to the city of Newcastle, underestimated the ability of the fans to see through bullsh1t and he hasn't got a clue how to run it. Our best bet is somehow we survive and he finds a buyer in May.

I think the debt still exists its just owed to Ashley instead of a bank, probably with no interest attached (which is exactly what Roman did at Chelsea). The club may well be haemorrhaging money. We lost £12 million in the year to July 2007 and in that year we had European football and good attendances. Not much has changed to the cost base since then. Same overheads, same high wages etc. But the income is probably down since then so a loss is likely. And the only person who can fund that loss is Ashley.

In answer to the thread - No. He's a chancer who hit the jackpot when he floated a dodgy chain of sports shops and thought it would be the ultimate toy to own a Premiership club. He had no idea what he was buying, didn't understand the importance of the club to the city of Newcastle, underestimated the ability of the fans to see through bullsh1t and he hasn't got a clue how to run it. Our best bet is somehow we survive and he finds a buyer in May.

If the debts have been paid off then we won't have the same overheads, considering those debts were costing us around £8 million a year (can't remember the exact amount).  Plus Premiership TV money has gone up by £20 million a season since then.

No confidence whatsoever. Honestly feel nothing will happen in the window, and there will be a bullshit explanation after the window closes.

No fucker with half a brain cell will sign for us? Sounds genuine enough to me.

Yeah its great to have those debts paid off so we can compete in the market for players and move forward as a club.. oh hold on we now spend fuck all and we're closer to relegation then ever before.

Yeah its great to have those debts paid off so we can compete in the market for players and move forward as a club.. oh hold on we now spend fuck all and we're closer to relegation then ever before.

You make it sound like this is the first season we've been fighting relegation. At the end of the day, id rather fight relegation without the debt then i would with it, if anything im grateful for that.

Ill wait till the 1st of Sept, ive seen enough to suggest he did want the best for the club, who knows if he does now, imagine paying all that dosh and still having shit slung at you, how would that make you feel?

Guest black n white

I'm only grateful for the fact that all of our debts are now on his toes, Cheers MIke

Choke on his bargain bucket ;D

The ironic thing about this is that he's actually already done a huge amount for this club in paying it off our debts.

When you say pay off are we 100% sure he has? Is it not a case of NUFC owe Mike Ashley?

Maybe, im not sure of the finances and im certainly in no postion to categorically comment on them, but in my opinion the debts we did have to 3rd parties were strangling the club in terms of interest etc, if it is the case, then id rather they were owed to Ashley than to the banks.

Much like Chelsea owe Roman, either way, Chelseas future is much more stable with there form of debts than Liverpool are with theirs.

The only things that i heard that are outstanding are transfer fees, and as far as im aware, they arent classified as debt.

The ironic thing about this is that he's actually already done a huge amount for this club in paying it off our debts.

When you say pay off are we 100% sure he has? Is it not a case of NUFC owe Mike Ashley?

Maybe, im not sure of the finances and im certainly in no postion to categorically comment on them, but in my opinion the debts we did have to 3rd parties were strangling the club in terms of interest etc, if it is the case, then id rather they were owed to Ashley than to the banks.

Much like Chelsea owe Roman, either way, Chelseas future is much more stable with there form of debts than Liverpool are with theirs.

No on can afford to buy Chelsea with that debt, where Liverpool can be bought for cheaper & have a bigger fan base.

Steve "BEST CHAIRMAN EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER" Gibson has not dug deep for his hometown club as they owe him £69 million. The Boro are about £90 million in debt, how they can knock back £14 million for Downing is mind boggling when they A.Johnosn ready to step in.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/boro-fc/boro-fc-news/2008/11/28/69m-the-debt-of-gratitude-boro-owes-to-steve-gibson-84229-22360988/

Notice in that article that cunt who always has say on 'TOON FINANCES" is a Boro fan.

No on can afford to buy Chelsea with that debt, where Liverpool can be bought for cheaper & have a bigger fan base.

Steve "BEST CHAIRMAN EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER" Gibson has not dug deep for his hometown club as they owe him £69 million. The Boro are about £90 million in debt, how they can knock back £14 million for Downing is mind boggling when they A.Johnosn ready to step in.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/boro-fc/boro-fc-news/2008/11/28/69m-the-debt-of-gratitude-boro-owes-to-steve-gibson-84229-22360988/

Notice in that article that cunt who always has say on 'TOON FINANCES" is a Boro fan.

Maybe so but id rather have that form of debt than Liverpool, if we went down a couple of years ago with the debts we had under Freddy, i think it'd be a long long time before we came back up, at least this way the pressure to sell isnt so much.

Silver lining and all that...