New shirts next season 09/10

Kaizero

Oh, and I heard that in the next few seasons Ashley is going to cut ties with adidas and we'll be going with someone like umbro.

Where did you hear that?

Umbro are wanktestic.

Oh, and I heard that in the next few seasons Ashley is going to cut ties with adidas and we'll be going with someone like umbro.

Hope not as our kit will probably be identical to the mackems aside from colour. Adidas deal isn't due to run out for a few years though is it?

Guest DiegoNachos

Are you taking the mic? Have you seen the state of the new England kit? I wouldn't wanna be found dead in that. Plus they're Mackem's Brand.

where will you be able to buy that shirt? also does anyone know when its released? looks sexual

agreed, I want to buy that asap...anyone have anymore info?

It's already available, there's a link somewhere up in this thread.

It's not our new kit though.

Why would Ashley want his own company on the shirts when others will pay him for the privilege?

Free advertising (that would otherwise be very expensive) for his own company?

Yep. But unless Ashley decides that Sports Direct will be paying market value for the space, then the club will lose out.

Why would Ashley want his own company on the shirts when others will pay him for the privilege?

Yep. But unless Ashley decides that Sports Direct will be paying market value for the space, then the club will lose out.

Would be interesting if he's paying market value for the advertising boards he has up.

Would be interesting if he's paying market value for the advertising boards he has up.

I don't think so. But there's no financial opportunity cost for the club. If that hideous board wasn't up, there'd be nothing up (unless he decided that something had to be in that space). The only cost is aesthetics and that's negligible because people go to St James' to look down at what's happening on the pitch rather than glance upwards and sideways to look at the board. My view, anyway.

Where did you hear that?

Umbro are wanktestic.

I heard it ages ago. I don't know that it's umbro for sure obviously, but it'd make sense what with Ashley's ties with umbro.

The Umbro thing has been rumoured since Ashley first came to the club. I've heard absolutely no proof of it happening other than people guessing it might given Ashley's connections.

I like the retro shirt, but we're always going to have a sponsor and I've never liked the old adidas logo.

I'd give up adidas for Nike or Puma only.

Can't see adidas even trying to get rid of us, isn't there some stat out there that we are in top 2-3 in shirt sales? Maybe not anymore...?

And I'm sure Umbro or Lonsdale have cash to outbid Nike, Puma or Adidas.

Adidas is just the perfect sponsor for Newcastle United....cant imagine us without it.

It just doesnt suit the likes of Liverpool...

i agree and disagree tbh. i like adidas as a kit maker, so i hope we stay with them.

i was glad when liverpool got adidas back, i don't like reebok kits at all