February 4th - New Open NUSC Meeting - Download link (most of it) in OP

Tom_NUFC

"That money goes into Ashley's pocket" on about season tickets..  Jesus wept they've got a qualified accountant there, has he not seen the accounts or what?..  :nope:

He's put over £100m in, chances are he won't be getting any return out for fucking years.

All reducing the revenue streams will do is reduce the funds available for players & reduce chances of him finding a buyer.

They really are a bunch of deluded, self-important thick fuckers.

If people have a problem with the third line, try answering the first two?

He will when the club is sold, since it's a loan rather than out of his own pocket.

He'll get all of the money when the club is sold, regardless of the capital structure.  It belongs (100%) to him.

"That money goes into Ashley's pocket" on about season tickets..  Jesus wept they've got a qualified accountant there, has he not seen the accounts or what?..  :nope:

He's put over £100m in, chances are he won't be getting any return out for fucking years.

All reducing the revenue streams will do is reduce the funds available for players & reduce chances of him finding a buyer.

He put £100m extra in because he failed to do his due diligence.  His fault.  And sadly indicative of the unprofessionalism that was to follow in his running of the club.

Is why he did it really relevant?  I don't believe anyone's claiming he's given the club money because he loves us.  The point is money has gone in not the other way around.

There is more intelligence, passion and will being put out over that stream than there is by many on this fucking forum. I'm enjoying the discussions me and grateful fans are doing something about the state of the club, if only at this stage talking and having their say. Good on them and good luck to them. These are proper fans who care deeply about the club, unlike some of the twats on here.

What are they actually doing to the club? Wheres the long term plan in all this? Supposing they get there way and Ashley leaves - then what? I havent heard them mention once what happens after that.

Unfortunately, I don't think NUSC have enough money to invest in a crystal ball.

Newcastle United needs a supporters club whether Ashley is here for much longer or not. We constantly go on about how our fans are the best in the business but IIRC we're one of the biggest clubs not to have a dedicated supporters club. Once the Ashley issue is sorted then i'm sure, especially in this day and age when supporters are the dirt on the shoe of the football world, they'll represent the fans in other ways.

He will when the club is sold, since it's a loan rather than out of his own pocket.

He'll get all of the money when the club is sold, regardless of the capital structure.  It belongs (100%) to him.

So how has he put 100m in?

Guest Gemmill

Aye and you're the fucking clever one sat picking faults on a website.  Genuine fans of the club bothering their arse to try and have a constructive and meaningful debate about the current situation, and this is the level of your craic.  Turn up to the next one and enlighen people.  I'm sure you're a right clever bastard.

The first two lines of my post are the important ones & they are also the two you've not commented on.  NUSC at present is an Ashley pressure group.

We'll see what comes out of tonights meeting in terms of what they want to do going forward.  If they come up with something constructive then fair enough, but the signs haven't been good so far have they?

Do you understand the concept of joining up and having your say?  Or going to the meeting as a non-member and having your say?  Making sure that the alternative view is heard?  As long as all you lot that say "Ooooo well they don't represent my views" continue to NOT JOIN, then they'll never represent your views.  It's not fucking rocket science.

"If they come up with something constructive".  While you sit and do what?  Scoff at everything, call them all thick fuckers, and presumably you're sat with all the answers in your head?

By the way, Mike Ashley's current running of NUFC is the biggest single concern for me as a fan of the club at this minute.  And he's making a fucking awful job of it imo.  So I can kind of understand why Mike Ashley is the big issue on the agenda for a NUFC Supporter's Club.

What do you think of a group where the media spokesperson went against the views of the rest of the committee to accuse Ashley of "ruining Sir Bobby Robson day" despite the rest of the committee agreeing not to go with that approach?

Well that sounds like a mistake.  And I'm perfectly willing to accept that it's been a rocky start for them.  But for you to just sit here scoffing every time they get mentioned, and calling them thick fuckers, when you've got NOTHING constructive to offer yourself is a joke.

Like I say, if you want to change the views of the group then join, or go to these meetings and have your say.  You might not change their views if the majority view outweighs yours though.  But that's democracy.  Doesn't make them thick fuckers.

There is more intelligence, passion and will being put out over that stream than there is by many on this f***ing forum. I'm enjoying the discussions me and grateful fans are doing something about the state of the club, if only at this stage talking and having their say. Good on them and good luck to them. These are proper fans who care deeply about the club, unlike some of the twats on here.

What are they actually doing to the club? Wheres the long term plan in all this? Supposing they get there way and Ashley leaves - then what? I havent heard them mention once what happens after that.

The next person comes in with their own ideas and it goes tits up again. Look at Man City. They have a mega rich owner but still some of their fans aren't happy. Whatever club you go to, fans will always oppose one another as they all have different needs from the club. There is no set view and therefore no set answer.

Guest neesy111

He put £100m extra in because he failed to do his due diligence.  His fault.  And sadly indicative of the unprofessionalism that was to follow in his running of the club.

Is why he did it really relevant?  I don't believe anyone's claiming he's given the club money because he loves us.  The point is money has gone in not the other way around.

the club was undervalued because of the debt there was

In a nutshell.

He hasn't given the club any money, he's loaned it.

There is more intelligence, passion and will being put out over that stream than there is by many on this fucking forum. I'm enjoying the discussions me and grateful fans are doing something about the state of the club, if only at this stage talking and having their say. Good on them and good luck to them. These are proper fans who care deeply about the club, unlike some of the twats on here.

If Ashley just "leaves" and takes his £100m loan back and refuses to underwrite the clubs debts for the next accounting period then the answer is easy, the company that is NUFC is technically insolvent (unable to pay its debts when they fall due) and would with need to bring in administrators.

Guest SellSholaFor1M

He's put over £100m in, chances are he won't be getting any return out for f***ing years.

Or it may force the fat lying bastard to sell for a lesser value than he'd currently accept, as an Accountant surely you'd understand that.

It wont reduce the resources for purchases as we have to sell before we buy anyway by the look of it.

The people there and the people organising deserve massive credit even if fuck all comes of it because at least they're getting off their arses and trying to do something about it.

Anyone can sit and be a sooperfan and say I support the shirt, I dont care who owns the club, if everyone was a superfan, nothing would change and nothing would need to if Ashley is getting his money regardless.

There is more intelligence, passion and will being put out over that stream than there is by many on this f***ing forum. I'm enjoying the discussions me and grateful fans are doing something about the state of the club, if only at this stage talking and having their say. Good on them and good luck to them. These are proper fans who care deeply about the club, unlike some of the twats on here.

If Ashley just "leaves" and takes his £100m loan back and refuses to underwrite the clubs debts for the next accounting period then the answer is easy, the company that is NUFC is technically insolvent (unable to pay its debts when they fall due) and would with need to bring in administrators.

And point deductions!

Isn't it interest free, and saving the club £6m a season?

I don't think you understand company law. He can't "leave" after creating his own debt structure.

He's put £100m of his own money into his own company via a directors loan. 

He could have issued further share capital, I've previously explained on here the reasons for that not being the best way to do it, I can dig out the link if you want it (that's a genuine offer, not me being flippant).

Regardless of which way he has done it though, 100% of the sale proceeds will be going to him, the fact that it's structured as a loan is pretty much irrelevant tbh.

Guest Gemmill

I don't think you understand company law. He can't "leave" after creating his own debt structure.

:lol: How's he getting his £100m back too?  "Yeah, that £100m?  I'd like that back now thanks.  I'm not enjoying this any more."

Isn't it interest free, and saving the club £6m a season?

He's still getting his 'loan' back, so the idea he's clearing the debts out of the goodness of his heart is complete bollocks.

unless the t shirts are yellow, they will make no diffrence, ..the bright sparks will probably make them , Black and white,... thatl really stand out in sjp.

Should make them red and white to get everyone's attention.

Guest Howaythetoon

That's not their business to basically go and find good people to run the club, it is however all of our business that the current owner does a good job but he's not doing that, hence the opposition to his ownership. It isn't rocket science to understand why this opposition, why this anger. There doesn't have to be an end solution, although I'm in no doubt that the end solution to the fans' club is to represent fans on other issues, proper fan issues, like ticket prices, travel, stewardships, policing, support etc. etc.

Can anyone prove that he's taken a single £ out of the club yet and lined his own pockets with it?

That's what he wanted to do. The failure to do so is because he was too stupid to do his homework and he walked into a booby trap left by SJH.

He's put £100m of his own money into his own company via a directors loan. 

He could have issued further share capital, I've previously explained on here the reasons for that not being the best way to do it, I can dig out the link if you want it (that's a genuine offer, not me being flippant).

Regardless of which way he has done it though, 100% of the sale proceeds will be going to him, the fact that it's structured as a loan is pretty much irrelevant tbh.

The 100m is totally his fault cause he didn't look properly at what he was getting into. Stop using phrases like "he's put in"...He hasn't it was part of a technical requirement of the takeover. He'd put nowt in if he could as you well know.