February 4th - New Open NUSC Meeting - Download link (most of it) in OP

Tom_NUFC

With only 800 or so members Ashley will know what nusc is about but he'll have no current reason to give them the time of day. The media said they're true supporters with no southern bias & it's all a disgrace; no signings, no communication, Wise still there etc but they don't print this. Instead it's a circus and we think we're a big club but we're just deluded & reap what we sow.

For nusc to make any mark they need to bump up the membership and they need to set realistic goals. The press could help get the message out but it's easier for them saying things at the Irish Centre than putting it in national print.

Imo they need to forget about representation on the board and forget about getting Ashley out. The former will never happen, the latter will happen when Ashley thinks fit.

Start with a just a few targets and stay with them: try and get Ashley to regularly communicate with the fans or the media. Help find a way to get rid of the current structure in a way that saves face (even keep the structure but change the personnel). Get Ashley to sort out the manager's position. JK has to go at the end of the season, a talented manager needs to be identified and money made available. If Ashley does one thing between now and the end of the season he needs to ID his next manager and have him in place as soon as the season is over so the reassembly of the squad can take place for whatever division we find ourselves in. 

If nusc can get Ashley to start listening fantastic, if not they'll remain a protest group of no meaning.

Good luck to them & pick the right issues.

good post. ashley isnt going to leave until the economic climate for selling the club is better, simple as that. in the meantime nusc, and rest of us, should try to look for change to happen within the club - sort out the mess of a system, get in a proper chairman, hire a decent manager and give him a bit of backing, financial and moral.

though i dont necessarily think they should drop trying to get someone onto the board, or perhaps better, establish some sort of formal communication with or representation within the club.

If Ashley hadn't been forced to put the club up for sale publically then we wouldn't have Kinnear in charge now

Nobody forced Ashley to do anything he didnt want to do

If the protester knew that Ashley wouldnt listen to them then whats the point of the NUSC and whats the point of protesting?

Guest Howaythetoon

As a fan, i cant help but think what right do these 800 people think they have to take such affirmative action without thinking it through properly.

Who the fuck are you, the Prime Minister? :lol:

If Ashley hadn't been forced to put the club up for sale publically then we wouldn't have Kinnear in charge now

If the protester knew that Ashley wouldnt listen to them then whats the point of the NUSC and whats the point of protesting?

there is a difference between influencing someone's decision, directly or indirectly, and forcing someone to do something. no one forced ashley to do anything, but the protests and disruption may have made him realise how out of his depth he was, or given him an excuse to try and get out.

Guest Howaythetoon

If the sun is going to burn out then what's the point in this planet?

good post. ashley isnt going to leave until the economic climate for selling the club is better, simple as that. in the meantime nusc, and rest of us, should try to look for change to happen within the club - sort out the mess of a system, get in a proper chairman, hire a decent manager and give him a bit of backing, financial and moral.

though i dont necessarily think they should drop trying to get someone onto the board, or perhaps better, establish some sort of formal communication with or representation within the club.

I agree with most of that but it's not what I hear from NUSC unless that was on the stream tonight.  They seem to have a single goal and that is to get rid of Ashley while he isn't the problem, the state of the club is.

He has played a part in our current state but so have others, what we need is for somebody to sort it out and it doesn't matter who that person is or persons are.

I only heard the first half of the stream because I had to leave so I don't know where this ended up. A lot of unhappy people which is understandable but the bottom line is it's still about money. Ashley isn't investing as much as we'd like, but he's investing more than anyone else is prepared to. That really is the bottom line. Maybe some people would prefer us to get relegated so someone else could buy the club - but if they can only afford to buy the club on the cheap, what does that tell you about their financial status?

I appreciate the chance to listen in on this meeting though, the VAT angle was interesting though I got cut off before it was discussed further. Other than that itt was pretty much what you would hear on local phone-in shows. A lot of grievances without any real answers. The lack of communication and sometimes outright deception by the club is something which has pissed me off for a while now. Did anyone bring that up?

By the way I agree with the bloke who said NUSC need to de personalise this, make it about the mismanagement of the club from owner to manager and promote the message that this mismanagement isn't acceptable and never will be, that way you also send out a signal to other would be interested future owners  of NUFC. It isn't about names or personalities but mismanagement and those responsible for it.

All it comes down to for me is supporting the club. That's all we can do. If we got Ashley out, who's to say someone better would come in? I respect fans talking passionately about the club, but at the end of the day we're just fans. My honest opinion is that the best thing to do is to support the club as best we can and hope for the best. I'm well aware that many will disagree with me, but I can't see any other way.

Then he'll just take the piss even more though. How long do you go on supporting him and making him think we're happy with what he's doing (i.e. taking us down)?

I don't think he's mentioned supporting him.

Same thing unless we make clear our displeasure (not including you in that 'we' obviously, before you start) separately from supporting the club.

Contrary to popular belief, support does not get us points on the board.

It's not like.

I think Ashley is pretty aware the supporters aren't happy.

I can support the football team and separate that from how it's being run.

You don't though, you've made it perfectly clear that you support the Ashley regime and what he's done to the club. Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion but I don't understand it.

He's aware because we made it clear. If we'd just said "well done Mike" and "supported" after the Keegan debacle, he wouldn't be aware. We'd still be in the same mess though.

Absolute bullshit.  I support the football club.  I can understand some of the decisions that have been taken, but as I responded to you directly the other day, he's made some serious fuck ups.

Carry on telling me what I think & talking shite though, you appear to be fucking good at it :thup:

Howay man Liam, I've never once seen you criticise Ashley. You say he's made fuck ups but seemingly won't let anyone else say it, just call anyone who does 'thick fuckers' and fight the opposite corner. I'm obviously a thick fucker but I'd rather not watch Championship football next season, thank you very much (though I fear it's too late now).

Even that plank Baggio's fucked off after this latest shambles, when he's left you, you know it's time to come round. :razz:

As I said, I responded to you directly no more than a few days ago saying they had made some serious mistakes, you've clearly ignored that.

And as I've said before I'm more than willing to wait and see what happens regarding the outcome of their falling out with Keegan, if it's proven they're in the wrong I'll criticise them for it, until then I'm more than prepared to wait and see.

Saying we should boycott the club to force Ashley out is thick.  Boycotting the club will drive his price down.  Saying I'll call anyone a thick fucker who disagrees pretty much sums up your stance tbh, because that isn't what I've done at all.  You're inventing stuff and pass it off as fact.

Too many people are like spoiled brats and they can't get what they want so it's tantrum time, they need to take a step back and think about the real world.

Too many people are like spoiled brats and they can't get what they want so it's tantrum time, they need to take a step back and think about the real world.

Spolit brats expect to given everything for nothing.

A lot, if not all, of the unhappy people have paid good, hard earned money to just see their football club turned into a laughing stock before their very eyes.

Thats the real world.

Maybe there is no point, or purpose.  All matter will decay and the universe will die a heat death.  Everything and everyone we love, everything we think that matters will be gone and there will be no trace of it and no one to know of it even if there was.  And for all a bleak eternity there will just be still silence.

Guest SellSholaFor1M

but the bottom line is it's still about money. Ashley isn't investing as much as we'd like

Thats not my issue, my issue is him lying to us, then treating us with contempt.

It makes me very suspicious of his real reasons for buying the club and the asset stripping, lack of investment, zero communication and fuck all ambition lead me to the conclusion they're not good reasons.

For that reason Im out until he is.

Maybe there is no point, or purpose.  All matter will decay and the universe will die a heat death.  Everything and everyone we love, everything we think that matters will be gone and there will be no trace of it and no one to know of it even if there was.  And for all a bleak eternity there will just be still silence.

It'd be better than this fucking FA cup game.

Guest Howaythetoon

:lol: Cheers for the answer, cheered me up anyway.

there is a difference between influencing someone's decision, directly or indirectly, and forcing someone to do something. no one forced ashley to do anything, but the protests and disruption may have made him realise how out of his depth he was, or given him an excuse to try and get out.

So they looked to directly influence his decison and suceeded but technically as he wasnt forced its all down to him? If we're absolving the protesting fans of blames then i take it you think that Ashley was always going to sell, in which case you'd proably be right, Kinnear was always going to be Ashleys first choice.

Thats not my issue, my issue is him lying to us, then treating us with contempt.

It makes me very suspicious of his real reasons for buying the club and the asset stripping, lack of investment, zero communication and f*** all ambition lead me to the conclusion they're not good reasons.

The only thing I can see on your list is a lack of communication, the others just aren't true although lack of ambition is a possibility.

Guest SellSholaFor1M

Saying we should boycott the club to force Ashley out is thick. 

No its not thick, its the quickest way to get him out of the club if thats what people want, as Ive said previously, being an Accountant, you'd know that.

By the way I agree with the bloke who said NUSC need to de personalise this, make it about the mismanagement of the club from owner to manager and promote the message that this mismanagement isn't acceptable and never will be, that way you also send out a signal to other would be interested future owners  of NUFC. It isn't about names or personalities but mismanagement and those responsible for it.

All it comes down to for me is supporting the club. That's all we can do. If we got Ashley out, who's to say someone better would come in? I respect fans talking passionately about the club, but at the end of the day we're just fans. My honest opinion is that the best thing to do is to support the club as best we can and hope for the best. I'm well aware that many will disagree with me, but I can't see any other way.

Then he'll just take the piss even more though. How long do you go on supporting him and making him think we're happy with what he's doing (i.e. taking us down)?

I don't think he's mentioned supporting him.

Same thing unless we make clear our displeasure (not including you in that 'we' obviously, before you start) separately from supporting the club.

Contrary to popular belief, support does not get us points on the board.

It's not like.

I think Ashley is pretty aware the supporters aren't happy.

I can support the football team and separate that from how it's being run.

You don't though, you've made it perfectly clear that you support the Ashley regime and what he's done to the club. Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion but I don't understand it.

He's aware because we made it clear. If we'd just said "well done Mike" and "supported" after the Keegan debacle, he wouldn't be aware. We'd still be in the same mess though.

Absolute bullshit.  I support the football club.  I can understand some of the decisions that have been taken, but as I responded to you directly the other day, he's made some serious fuck ups.

Carry on telling me what I think & talking shite though, you appear to be fucking good at it :thup:

Howay man Liam, I've never once seen you criticise Ashley. You say he's made fuck ups but seemingly won't let anyone else say it, just call anyone who does 'thick fuckers' and fight the opposite corner. I'm obviously a thick fucker but I'd rather not watch Championship football next season, thank you very much (though I fear it's too late now).

Even that plank Baggio's fucked off after this latest shambles, when he's left you, you know it's time to come round. :razz:

As I said, I responded to you directly no more than a few days ago saying they had made some serious mistakes, you've clearly ignored that.

And as I've said before I'm more than willing to wait and see what happens regarding the outcome of their falling out with Keegan, if it's proven they're in the wrong I'll criticise them for it, until then I'm more than prepared to wait and see.

Saying we should boycott the club to force Ashley out is thick.  Boycotting the club will drive his price down.  Saying I'll call anyone a thick fucker who disagrees pretty much sums up your stance tbh, because that isn't what I've done at all.  You're inventing stuff and pass it off as fact.

I know, you did say they've made serious mistakes but I've never seen you say what these are. You backed them over KK, backed them over the lack of spending, backed Dennis Wise... what's left?

So if they're in the right over Keegan (not sure how that could possibly be but anyway) but take us down, you'd consider him to be doing a good job? I don't get that, I'm more concerned about Premiership safety than what happens with Keegan.

Guest SellSholaFor1M

It makes me very suspicious of his real reasons for buying the club and the asset stripping, lack of investment, zero communication and f*** all ambition lead me to the conclusion they're not good reasons.

The only thing I can see on your list is a lack of communication, the others just aren't true although lack of ambition is a possibility.

So you never saw the article he did, where he was willing to put £20m of his own money in for transfer on top of what we self generated amongst other lies?

I guess you see what you want to see.

I only heard the first half of the stream because I had to leave so I don't know where this ended up. A lot of unhappy people which is understandable but the bottom line is it's still about money. Ashley isn't investing as much as we'd like, but he's investing more than anyone else is prepared to. That really is the bottom line. Maybe some people would prefer us to get relegated so someone else could buy the club - but if they can only afford to buy the club on the cheap, what does that tell you about their financial status?

I appreciate the chance to listen in on this meeting though, the VAT angle was interesting though I got cut off before it was discussed further. Other than that itt was pretty much what you would hear on local phone-in shows. A lot of grievances without any real answers. The lack of communication and sometimes outright deception by the club is something which has pissed me off for a while now. Did anyone bring that up?

It makes me very suspicious of his real reasons for buying the club and the asset stripping, lack of investment, zero communication and fuck all ambition lead me to the conclusion they're not good reasons.

I agreed with you on that part but for some reason you cut most of my post out. I've put it back in if you missed it.

So you never saw the article he did, where he was willing to put £20m of his own money in for transfer on top of what we self generated amongst other lies?

Have you seen last years accounts? Where he put in at least £20m of his own money to keep the club going.

I guess you see what you want to see

http://www.realestate.co.nz/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/head-in-the-sand.jpg

Did you see the accounts?  He actually put £30 million in just to keep our heads above water.  He may have taken money out since those accounts but we have no proof of that.

Guest SellSholaFor1M

Have you seen last years accounts? Where he put in at least £20m of his own money to keep the club going.

I guess you see what you want to see

Ive seen that Years accounts yes, just as had he when he made the statement to which Im referring to.