I Can't See Us Winning Another Game This Season.

Crumpy Gunt

We should just write to the FA and ask them to relegate us. No point even trying to stay up - we're definitely going down so why even bother turning up. There's just no point.

Let's just admit we're the worst team in the league and ask to finish 20th. They'd be doing us a favour tbh.

Good point. After losing what should have been the easiest win of the season tonight, what can we hope for now.

With so many players out and 2 key players having to go off during the game as well.  How we didn't win it I'll never know.  We've got such a great record at Man City as well.

I know. We've outspent them this window too. Fucking simple win, thrown away. I didn't see this coming at all.

All down to Llambias and that fucking scarf.

I'll bloody scarf him if he's not careful.

Guest firetotheworks

Next win I can see, and could see a few weeks ago is Portsmouth at home.

West Brom away, they're s***.

A draw I reckon.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

People can make light of the situation but we're 2 points off bottom and we're fucked. Had a feeling of absolute dread for some time now and I feel we may not be able to avoid the worst scenario this year, pains me to say it. I would fuckking love it if we stay up.

We have come close a couple of times. I think its caught up with us this year.

I think you might be right, we've been declining quite slowly but the boardroom situation combined with the injuries has just brought everything crashing down.

If you could script the circumstances in which a club like us would get relegated, we're living it.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Injuries has fuck all to do with it tbh, it's the management of the club at board level and as a repercussion at the coaching level also.

Injuries has fuck all to do with it tbh, it's the management of the club at board level and as a repercussion at the coaching level also.

I don't agree, if we had the majority of our players fit for the season so far we would be comfortably in mid table.

Injuries has f*** all to do with it tbh, it's the management of the club at board level and as a repercussion at the coaching level also.

I don't agree, if we had the majority of our players fit for the season so far we would be comfortably in mid table.

Perhaps not comfortably mid table, but certainly not nailed-on for relegation as we are now.

You can't blame this entirely on lack of transfer activities. No squad in the premiership could withstand the kind of injury crisis we've got.

It's a miracle we avoided relegation in 2006-2007. This one's just as bad, if not worse.

Hughton period aside I have to agree.

we've got all the symptoms of a relegated team. instability off the pitch, clueless on it, a total lack of passion throughout the club, long serving players finally abandoning the ship, crippling injuries and lots of bad luck (think of all the injury time equalisers we've conceded).

if any team defines the term "confidence team", then its us. we either go on good runs or horrifically bad runs with no in-between. we're running out of time to pick up the momentum.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I was talking about the decline of the club over the last 5 years

How often does that happen? The squad was blatantly weak as piss from the get-go and this sort of thing was always going to happen. The first XI is midtable material and the back-ups, in general, are utter dross. We knew this.

I don't mean we'd necessarily be safe season-on-season, but this year with the weird league I'd say we'd be about where Man City are now.

How often does that happen? The squad was blatantly weak as piss from the get-go and this sort of thing was always going to happen. The first XI is midtable material and the back-ups, in general, are utter dross. We knew this.

You're probably right, but take away however-many first team players from any team in the league and they'd suffer immensely.

I know the squad should be stronger, can't disagree with that.

The squad is too small to be kept fit. Players get injured, and previously injured players are forced to come back too soon.

I was talking about the decline of the club over the last 5 years

Well you're right then! :thup:

I don't mean we'd necessarily be safe season-on-season, but this year with the weird league I'd say we'd be about where Man City are now.

Aye, we have performed to a moderate standard when we have had a squad to pick from rather than just picking who is fit. The first team is Premiership standard, the back ups are not unfortunately.

Of course it was going to happen its happened every season for the last few.

Injuries has f*** all to do with it tbh, it's the management of the club at board level and as a repercussion at the coaching level also.

Agree with Wullie on this one and I am sick of hearing how other teams wouldnt cope with the horrific injury problems we have.  We hear this year on year.  It cant all be a coincidence. 

Some diabolical sages pointed out over a year ago when most of the team was crocked that our physio and training staff must be shit. Anyone still willing to tell me it's bad luck?

Anyway, there's no reason we should get relegated. If fat fuck just puts his hand in his pocket he could get in a few players to comfortably move us up the table. It's still January.

Problem is, he's a right cunt.

I agree with Crumpy. This is not a knee jerk reaction. I just can't see it. We don't have a natural leader or a set of scrappers to keep us up. We have a set of demoralized players, a joke of a manager and a tight-fisted and mecurial owner. I rarely agree with Crumpy either so this isn't one of those N-O clique things (where the same sets or groups of people all agree).

I have never felt this strongly since we came up. Even in the darkest depths of Gullit, Souness and Allardyce I remained hoepful.

Not now though.

Few teams this year could survive the injury crisis we've been dealing with. It's impossible to say who's fault it is that we have so many injuries, but it's growing more and more clear that Ashley isn't going to do what needs to be done to give us the depth we need in these desperate times. I promised myself I would wait until the end of the window to make a judgment, but I'm losing faith quickly.

clichéd but so often true, we need some luck to spark something in the players...my fingers are crossed for the mackems game, give the lads a boost they're not getting from JFK or anyone else

if they get a lucky win they don't deserve it might kick something off that otherwise wouldn't be forthcoming