SHEARER

Guest Micktoon

He hasn't got the balls to come in now.

End of thread.

Erm... you mean he has the sanity to stay away?

Owt to have a dig at the bloke nowadays man. :nope:

something in the middle is true imo, shearer won't risk his reputation imo until the time is right, different from not having the balls but not 1m miles away

Venables turns it down and he's sensible for staying away from the mess.

Shearer turns it down and he's got no balls.

:rolleyes:  I hate these people who've got this idea in their head, that Shearer should still be committed to the Newcastle cause. As HTT said, he owes us fucking nothing - despite what some people will have you think (should have gone in 04, etc). He's not a member of Newcastle United as it stands (folklore, sure, but not today)... therefore he is merely another managerial candidate. If he doesn't want it then hats off. He doesn't have to prove his love for this club as far as i'm concerned.

End of thread.

something in the middle is true imo, shearer won't risk his reputation imo until the time is right, different from not having the balls but not 1m miles away

:rolleyes:  I hate these people who've got this idea in their head, that Shearer should still be committed to the Newcastle cause. As HTT said, he owes us fucking nothing - despite what some people will have you think (should have gone in 04, etc). He's not a member of Newcastle United as it stands (folklore, sure, but not today)... therefore he is merely another managerial candidate. If he doesn't want it then hats off. He doesn't have to prove his love for this club as far as i'm concerned.

so what, exactly, is your point then?

Shearer's even more likely to pick the Butt, Smith, Geremi's and Duffs of our team. 'Experience matters in a relegation battle' they all say.

Like Butt has ever played in a relegation battle before?! Sheesh. Just wish WISH we'd got O'Neill when we appointed that cunt Souness.  :angry:

End of thread.

???

End of thread.

Shearer's said more than once how he wants to manage the club, the same can't be said about Venables.

End of thread.

???

???  half cut!!!

to answer cogently now, i suppose i'm in mild disagreement with you - not saying he has to prove his love or anything but he's happy for all and sundry to see him as "mr newcastle" and openly discusses his prospects of managing the club in the future as if it's a forgone conclusion almost (iirc)

it's a case of shit or get off the pot for me...we need him now imo simply 'cause he'd be better than :kinnear: and while we all know he ain't gonna come now when we eventually get relegated with ashley/ :kinnear: dream team we're gonna need him then

Shearer's even more likely to pick the Butt, Smith, Geremi's and Duffs of our team. 'Experience matters in a relegation battle' they all say.

Like Butt has ever played in a relegation battle before?! Sheesh. Just wish WISH we'd got O'Neill when we appointed that c*** Souness.  :angry:

Which is why he should not come now. He should come in the summer, rain or shine, have a massive clearout and assemble his own squad.

Guest Don Logan

Cant see anyone  coming in soon so it appears we are stuck with Joe, sad but true. IF we are lucky and stay up, which is what it will be, LUCK, Then Ashley needs to make a decision as soon as we are safe which involves a whole new management set up, a mass clearout of dead wood and embark on a rebuilding programme, which IMO would have to involve a new manager as JFK looks well out of his depth. Wheather or not Shearer is the man to take us forward I`m not convinced although I reckon he will do a better job than the past few wasters have managed

PS I hope that 3 year contract has mysteriously dissapeared

if he came in before the end season and saved our skin he would be a hero. If we went down...i personally wouldn´t blame him....FFS look at our injury list plus all the old high paid f... ups who seems like they don´t give a f...

he could start now....we could even rebuild and get younger players and prepare them in the lower league...if we should end there!

its win win shearer......DO WE REALLY WANT THE JOB......or do you just want it when the seat becomes attractive like Mark Hughes at City????

Guest Howaythetoon

if he came in before the end season and saved our skin he would be a hero.

He's already a hero. Like I said he owes us fuck all. Ashley would never have him here anyway, it would be KK all over again for him, a manager far more popular with the fans than anyone else at the club.

Yeah, let's dredge up another "Geordie Messiah" from the club's past to install as manager. After all, the last time we did that it worked out so well, didn't it! :rolleyes:

Some of this club's fans, I ask you!

Don't give the fans what they want, give them what they need; appoint a good manager for fuck's sake, not some fucking totem-poll for them to whoop and dance around.

Yeah, let's dredge up another "Geordie Messiah" from the club's past to install as manager. After all, the last time we did that it worked out so well, didn't it! :rolleyes:

Some of this club's fans, I ask you!

Don't give the fans what they want, give them what they need; appoint a good manager for f***'s sake, not some f***ing totem-poll for them to whoop and dance around.

:lol:

Guest Gazmatron

I dont want Shearer having anything to do with this foul football club I am supporting at the minute. We deserve Kinnear.

Guest firetotheworks

I dont want Shearer having anything to do with this foul football club I am supporting at the minute. We deserve Kinnear.

Wait til HTT sees this. And I'll agree with him, do we fuck deserve Kinnear.

End of thread.

:idiot2: bluelaugh.gif mackems.gif You agree with HTT.

:doh:

• 1 month later...

Shearer's comments on MOTD about it being a good time to play Man U after a cup tie...did anyone else think they were mean-spirited?

Man U played a weak team in the cup and brought back their big guns for our game. I notice he also mentioned that some of the players were probably still in celebration mode.

Seems to me he tried his best to put a negative spin (again) on our performance. Is he really a Newcastle fan?

Shearer's comments on MOTD about it being a good time to play Man U after a cup tie...did anyone else think they were mean-spirited?

Man U played a weak team in the cup and brought back their big guns for our game. I notice he also mentioned that some of the players were probably still in celebration mode.

Seems to me he tried his best to put a negative spin (again) on our performance. Is he really a Newcastle fan?

:kinnear:

First time I've felt compelled to use that.