Journal 'sources': Newcastle offer £10m for Veloso

Baggio

Nolan and Veloso partnership- yes please.

Nolan and Veloso would be excellent.  With Ryan Taylor and Jonas on the flanks, we'd have ourselves a midfield who could play football.  Wishful thinking though - would love to grab either Veloso or Donadel to add some depth and push Geremi and Butt from our starting 11.

Did we spend it? I doubt it..

Look at the accounts. We didn't make a £12m profit in summer did we.

The Milner money isn't included in those accounts.

See note 26.

Note 26 of the accounts?  I don't have them, but they were up to June or July weren't they?  Milner moved in late August, what does this note say then?

Did we spend it? I doubt it..

Look at the accounts. We didn't make a £12m profit in summer did we.

The Milner money isn't included in those accounts.

See note 26.

Note 26 of the accounts? :)  I don't have them, but they were up to June or July aren't they?  Milner moved in late August, what does this note say then?

'The playing registrations of certain players have been disposed of subsequent to the balance sheet date for a total consideration, net of associated costs of £13,610,000.

Subsequent to the balance sheet date, the playing registrations of certain players have been acquired for total consideration, including associated costs, of £13,615,000.

On 4 September 2008, the club announced that Kevin Keegan had resigned as team manager.'

Veloso, Nolan, Guthrie and Barton = Butt sold to West Brom in the summer, fingers crossed

I would be very pleased with that midfield set up to be honest.  Would be even better if Donadel comes in while Geremi/Smith shipped out.

Even if we have bid 10m for Veloso, isnt that 8m short of what lisbon want?

Sure he will end up running to city.

if they think he's worth £18m they're actually all insane

Not least when they will go out and spend another 80m on two midfielders in the summer and Veloso wont even get on the pitch.

I always wanted Veloso, thought he'd be a brilliant signing and just what we needed and Carrick type midfielder but for some reason i cant help but think this will be a Viana Mk II if it comes off, not sure if he's physically up to it. could be a Viana moment in 2 senses as maybe just maybe we should be looking at Moutihno instead.

Only one paper has claimed they value him at £18 million, every other source says £12 million.

Only one paper has claimed they value him at £18 million, every other source says £12 million.

Thats good news for us if true, just need them to accept our offer and entice him here... easy.

£8m plus Insomnia

and a gentlemens agreement with citeh to leave veloso alone if we sell them given i suppose.

£8m plus Insomnia

and a gentlemens agreement with citeh to leave veloso alone if we sell them given i suppose.

Hughes won't like that suggestion!