Enrique - 6.5

Nolan - 4.5

Butt - 3

Duff - 4

Jonas - 8

Ameobi - 5

Carroll - 5

JFK - 1

The game was there to win. Carroll with his injury should have come off 2-3mind after for Lovenkrads, a bit of pace was what we were crying out for. 2pts lost in the end, thanks JFK.

I'm sorry but how could you give Jonas 8? Yeah he ran well then ended up fucking up the pass every single time. Its nice to see himskinning players but it never amounted to anything

Guest LucaAltieri

At least in the 2nd half, the lads really showed that they wanted it, with the exception of Butt. Tactics were poor, though, I thought.

Tactics?

If you stick a ball across the face of the goal, there should be one of your team mates going for the ball. There hasn't been. Ameobi can't be arsed to move, and despite Carroll actually playing quite well he's sat on the back post most of the time.

Jonas has looked for Shola and Carroll but his crosses havent cleared the first defender. I like him a lot but some seem to go to any lengths to defend him.

How bloody patronising. I'm watching the game, and thats my opinion.

Sorry but his balls into the box today were fucking shocking.

I'm not fucking arsed.  They can be as bitter as they fucking want.  Its the way football goes.  I love it how they think they're the only team to have ever got jipped by a ref.  Yes its happened quite a lot to them, but.....well....don't go sticking your leg out like that in the 18 yard box, you're always susceptible.

Hopefully we'll do something, fuck knows what, over the summer.  Whether it be sold, get rid of Kinnear or at least spend some money, and things will be back to 'normal' (i.e. we won't be in the shit) next season, and can possibly do them once again.

Harper - 6

Taylor - 6

Colo - 3.5

Bassong - 6.5

Enrique - 6.5

Nolan - 4.5

Butt - 3

Duff - 4

Jonas - 8

Ameobi - 5

Carroll - 5

JFK - 1

The game was there to win. Carroll with his injury should have come off 2-3mind after for Lovenkrads, a bit of pace was what we were crying out for. 2pts lost in the end, thanks JFK.

I'm sorry but how could you give Jonas 8? Yeah he ran well then ended up fucking up the pass every single time. Its nice to see himskinning players but it never amounted to anything

His attacking play may not have amounted to much but you've got to give him credit for the shift he pulled in helping out the defence.

Harper - 6

Taylor - 6

Colo - 3.5

Bassong - 6.5

Enrique - 6.5

Nolan - 4.5

Butt - 3

Duff - 4

Jonas - 8

Ameobi - 5

Carroll - 5

JFK - 1

Thought he was great. Attacked with meaning, fully committed, up for the games, passing well, tackling great, our major threat. Just because we've got no shape, no quality around him and no game plan is not really his fault. Stick him in the Liverpool team on either wing and they'd be fuking amazing and we'd be thinking...wish we had him. Well deserved an 8, he carried them team because when he was in possession Sunderland weren't attacking and in the 1st half that was crucial or we'd had been 2 or 3 nil down come HT.

Harper - 6

Taylor - 6

Colo - 3.5

Bassong - 6.5

Enrique - 6.5

Nolan - 4.5

Butt - 3

Duff - 4

Jonas - 8

Ameobi - 5

Carroll - 5

JFK - 1

I'm sorry but how could you give Jonas 8? Yeah he ran well then ended up f***ing up the pass every single time. Its nice to see himskinning players but it never amounted to anything

His attacking play may not have amounted to much but you've got to give him credit for the shift he pulled in helping out the defence.

I agree he (as usual) worked his socks off but at points it was so frustrating watching him dribble past hald the scum team only to fuck up the pass. I'd say 7 / 6.5. I am gay for Jonas though

For all the running and effort Jonas puts in he has a terrible end product.

He has a tendency to hold on to the ball for too long as well.

However, was the most creative of our midfield - which doesn't say too much.

Harper - 6

Taylor - 6

Colo - 3.5

Bassong - 6.5

Enrique - 6.5

Nolan - 4.5

Butt - 3

Duff - 4

Jonas - 8

Ameobi - 5

Carroll - 5

JFK - 1

I'm sorry but how could you give Jonas 8? Yeah he ran well then ended up f***ing up the pass every single time. Its nice to see himskinning players but it never amounted to anything

Thought he was great. Attacked with meaning, fully committed, up for the games, passing well, tackling great, our major threat. Just because we've got no shape, no quality around him and no game plan is not really his fault. Stick him in the Liverpool team on either wing and they'd be fuking amazing and we'd be thinking...wish we had him. Well deserved an 8, he carried them team because when he was in possession Sunderland weren't attacking and in the 1st half that was crucial or we'd had been 2 or 3 nil down come HT.

Fair enough I did go a bit mental when he misplaced one of his passes at the end I guess that stuck with me  :frantic:

Enrique mom today with Bassong close behind. Carrol/ ameobi too similar for me. With Martins or Owen we would have won.

How can they be so similar when Carroll is actually looking to have some potential and had a decent game today while Shola is just piss poor himself?

Harper - 6

Taylor - 6

Colo - 3.5

Bassong - 6.5

Enrique - 6.5

Nolan - 4.5

Butt - 3

Duff - 4

Jonas - 8

Ameobi - 5

Carroll - 5

JFK - 1

Fair enough I did go a bit mental when he misplaced one of his passes at the end I guess that stuck with me  :frantic:

What's annoying for me is that clearly our best attacking mid on the day was our best defensive mid.

That pisses me off.

Harper - 6

Taylor - 6

Colo - 3.5

Bassong - 6.5

Enrique - 6.5

Nolan - 4.5

Butt - 3

Duff - 4

Jonas - 8

Ameobi - 5

Carroll - 5

JFK - 1

What's annoying for me is that clearly our best attacking mid on the day was our best defensive mid.

That pisses me off.

Sad but true. We'll improve as soon as Guthrie/ Barton come back to remove Butt in that respect I reckon

Guest firetotheworks

Harper 6.5

Taylor 6

Colo 4.5

Bassong 7

Enrique 7

Duff 5.5

Butt 5

Nolan 5

Jonas 7

Carroll 6

Ameobi 5.5

7's!!!!

Oh aye, you support a team with higher standards.

Didn't watch the game, well - i caught the last five minutes. That's a shite result though, does nowt for us at all. Simply shifts the pressure onto next week's game - and that's been happening since December. We can't afford to keep doing that because results won't always go our way.

A point, from the little i saw, it looked like Lovenkrands should have come on much sooner.

Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear:

"There were turning points in the game and I don't think - again - the big decisions have gone our way, but that's the way it is going for us at the moment.

"We were camped in their half for most of the game and so I have to be heartened by our character today, very much so.

"As for transfers before tomorrow, I've got two players lined up who we've been speaking to and I'm confident we will get those in.

"And as for outgoings, we're waiting on Shay Given and Charles N'Zogbia's situations. There's a sticking point over Given's move to Manchester City, with a lot of haggling going on, so we will have to wait and see on both of those two. I hope they go through soon, though, so I can go and spend that money."

Sunderland boss Ricky Sbragia:

"It was a fast and furious match between two very open teams. We had the better of the first half but we really needed the second goal to kill the game.

"Credit to Newcastle, though, they dominated the second half. However, I don't think their's was a penalty - Taylor has played the five card trick and the officials have bought it.

"Still, even though we could have snatched the win at the end, I think a draw was probably the fair result."

Guest LucaAltieri

Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear:

"There were turning points in the game and I don't think - again - the big decisions have gone our way, but that's the way it is going for us at the moment.

"We were camped in their half for most of the game and so I have to be heartened by our character today, very much so.

"As for transfers before tomorrow, I've got two players lined up who we've been speaking to and I'm confident we will get those in.

"And as for outgoings, we're waiting on Shay Given and Charles N'Zogbia's situations. There's a sticking point over Given's move to Manchester City, with a lot of haggling going on, so we will have to wait and see on both of those two. I hope they go through soon, though, so I can go and spend that money."

Sunderland boss Ricky Sbragia:

"It was a fast and furious match between two very open teams. We had the better of the first half but we really needed the second goal to kill the game.

"Credit to Newcastle, though, they dominated the second half. However, I don't think their's was a penalty - Taylor has played the five card trick and the officials have bought it.

"Still, even though we could have snatched the win at the end, I think a draw was probably the fair result."

Which is obviously why Ashley is stalling...  :frantic: