Ryan Taylor

Dave

Although he did get us a penalty, which I'm certain we didn't warrant.

Did you see the incident? Almunia was dry-humping and raping all over Raylor without being near any balls other than Raylors in any way.

Sorry man, what I meant was that I felt Raylor went down a bit easily. Don't get me wrong I'm glad we got a penalty but hey, nothing came from it.

Although he did get us a penalty, which I'm certain we didn't warrant.

Did you see the incident? Almunia was dry-humping and raping all over Raylor without being near any balls other than Raylors in any way.

Sorry man, what I meant was that I felt Raylor went down a bit easily. Don't get me wrong I'm glad we got a penalty but hey, nothing came from it.

It was definitely a penalty though, Almunia must have been out of his mind. Also Ryan Taylor looks a decent player to me. Ideally he'd be a player on the bench and fill a number of positions competently. I'll think he'll be a useful player regardless of what division we play in next year.

• 8 months later...
Guest Heneage

Guthrie justified his selection today and Nolan's goal record makes it hard to leave him out.

I'd switch it up for Sheff Wed assuming Smith's out, bring Taylor in and put Guthrie on the middle.

Guthrie justified his selection today and Nolan's goal record makes it hard to leave him out.

I'd switch it up for Sheff Wed assuming Smith's out, bring Taylor in and put Guthrie on the middle.

I agree, Butt will come in for Smith though  :undecided:

Guest firetotheworks

Yes, but:

R.Taylor  Guthrie    Smith    Jonas

Nolan   

Ameobi/Harewood/Carroll

Non?

Nolan doesn't have to start every match though, Hughton should show some nads and let Guthrie have the odd game in the middle.

Yes, but:

R.Taylor   Guthrie     Smith     Jonas

Nolan    

Ameobi/Harewood/Carroll

Non?

I am torn on effectively playing 1 up front (even if Nolan does only really do anything up top) but I wouldn't be against us going with something like that.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Thing with Guthrie is he can;'t beat a man for shit, doesn't belong on the wings, regardless of his awesome cross today.

Guest firetotheworks

Guthrie always comes inside which is the natural thing for him to do. The good thing with Taylor is that Simpson gets forward more, plays it back to Taylor and then usually he has plenty of space to whip one in. You would think it could happen with Guthrie too, because of the way they both play, but it rarely happens.

Can't see him being here for another three and a half years.

Left wigan because he didn't like starting PL games at left back. we've acknowledged he isn't a right back, because we signed Simpson. He's behind Pancrate, Guthrie and Barton on the RW, so he's a sub often an unused one at most. Probably wouldn't be a place for him without the seven subs rule.

Will be next to go in my opinion.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd start him RW tbh. We looked a far more balanced and effective team with him in it. I wouldnt have him playing in the Premier League, but he's very effective at this level imo.

Guest firetotheworks

I disagree. Not that I dont rate Guthrie, I just think Taylor allows the whole team to play with more fluidity with him on the right. Guthrie in the middle with Smith for me with Nolan supporting whoever is my favoured formation.

Taylor is one of the players we should be looking to sell next season if we go up. He's got limited ball skill which is masked by the fact he can whip in a mean cross. Not good enough for a midfield slot which he himself admits he dislikes, and a mediocre defender. Sell him at the end of the season.

I couldn't put up with him at all last season, and he started this season being absolute guff n'all. But in fairness to him he's become one of the most likeable players in the squad this season; he's got a lot of graft and versatility, which is useful in our squad, and reasonable technique which does make him look like Beckham at times in this league. I'd say he deserves a shout in the first team, and i was disappointed when he first got dropped... but Guthrie (who's been disappointing at times) provides us with a lot of goals. He must have about 6 or 7 assists now and that's crucial cos we don't score loads.

Similarly from a defensive perspective, the back four of Simpson-Colo-Tayls-Jose simply can't be tampered with on a regular basis, cos it's winning us games. RTaylor's most effective for us on the wing anyway.

Good player to have in the squad this season but i concur with James that he won't be here for long. If he's a first teamer next season then he'll get shown up every week.

Looks poor in defence compared to Simpson. Was at fault Barnsleys first, when we'd been getting clean sheets before that.

So he's a right side midfielder whos behind Guthrie really. If Guthrie was injured i imagine he would get games when we wanted a lad who could cross it in well rather than the pace of Pancrate. Has got a good shot on him also & can take freekicks well. A pretty useful player really for this division, just being kept out right now.

Looks poor in defence compared to Simpson. Was at fault Barnsleys first, when we'd been getting clean sheets before that.

So he's a right side midfielder whos behind Guthrie really. If Guthrie was injured i imagine he would get games when we wanted a lad who could cross it in well rather than the pace of Pancrate. Has got a good shot on him also & can take freekicks well. A pretty useful player really for this division, just being kept out right now.

He's ok for this division but not good enough if we go up. He doesn't want the ball enough to play in midfield because he's not comfortable with it. He describes himself as a defender by nature and he's not a particularly good one. Great delivery though.