Ryan Taylor

Dave

Don't under estimate the importance of having someone who can deliver a quality ball in.  With Shola and Carrol we have two very tall strikers - Viduka and Oba also very very good in the air. 

This chap could just provide the amo that Nobby used to deliver time and time again to Shearer and co..

We have been screaming for a Nobby style delivery since he left. 

BTW, I am not saying he is as good as Nobby!!!

I think my expectations of the guy are a bit too high atm, having looked back at a few of my posts regarding the chap. That said - all i'm hoping for/expecting is someone that can cross the ball and holds some form of cohesive, defensive initiative. I haven't really considered his versatility - just what he can give us down the right. I've got a decent feeling about him to be fair; if he's anything less than what i'm asking for then he's going to be a pretty inept footballer.

My expectations from him are pretty low actually.

You're not an atypical NUFC fan though, as you've said recently. I'm talking about the regulars at games who don't frequent the likes of this place (i.e. the majority).

:blush:

Patronising view tbh

Merely meant those that aren't addicted to the internet/stocked-up on to-the-minute news about NUFC and who generally aren't as negative as a lot on here are.

Wish I was one of them again to be honest. Ignorance is bliss.

I was thinking the same thing Rich, I used to just make my own mind up about depressing things were by watching the matches!

Enrique position is under threat

Feb 5 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Jose Enrique

JOE KINNEAR has demanded even more from Spanish left-back Jose Enrique going into Newcastle United’s daunting Premier League run-in.

Enrique will feel he has done enough to stay in the team against West Brom after the 1-1 draw with Sunderland.

But Kinnear has a big decision to make ahead of the trip on Saturday and must decide how to use new boy Ryan Taylor at the Hawthorns.

The England Under-21 star can play in a range of positions and has starred out wide on both flanks for Wigan and at right-back and left-back.

And with Kinnear unlikely to drop Damien Duff, Jonas Gutierrez or Steven Taylor, Enrique could be the unfortunate one against the Baggies despite going into the game on the back of one his best performances in a black-and- white shirt.

However, Kinnear told the Chronicle: “I told him at half- time, you’re not giving what I expect from you.

“He’s got all the potential to be a top-class left-back.

“He just sits at times.

“He was our get-out ball, without a shadow of a doubt.

“I didn’t think he did enough in the first half, so I had words with him at half-time, and I thought he did exceptionally well in the second half.”

Indeed Enrique was a big threat for the Magpies down the left-hand side and linked up superbly with Jonas before later admitting he likes to link up down the flank with the Argentine international.

The selection dilemma is a welcome one for Kinnear, who also has Kevin Nolan and Nicky Butt lined up for places in the engine room and must perm two strikers from Andy Carroll, Oba Martins, Mark Viduka, Alan Smith and Xisco.

However, reflecting on the capabilities of Enrique, Kinnear says: "When he gets in that last third of the pitch, he can hurt teams.

“Sometimes he’s just prepared to sit on his backside in that position and let the game drift away from him.”

United have also been buoyed by the news that Michael Owen is making excellent progress from the ankle injury sustained at Manchester City.

Owen is out of contention for West Brom and the home clash with Everton on February 22, but is targeting the trip to Bolton on March 1.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/02/05/enrique-position-is-under-threat-72703-22861294/

If there ever was more proof needed that Kinnear is a clueless cunt, this is it. Jose had a fantastic first half against the mackems, he was terrific and barely put a foot wrong, yet Kinnear has a go at him at half time? That is just sickening. If I was Enrique, I'd have slammed a transfer request in right there and then.

I don't have a problem with managers trying to get more out of their players at half-time, even if they're playing well (within reason like). It's coming out to the press and divulging precise dressing room information, and explaining how you basically think one of your players is crap - that ticks me off. Especially considering the window is now over and you're stuck with him, like it or not.

Idiot.

Guest justin99.

I don't have a problem with managers trying to get more out of their players at half-time, even if they're playing well (within reason like). It's coming out to the press and divulging precise dressing room information, and explaining how you basically think one of your players is crap - that ticks me off. Especially considering the window is now over and you're stuck with him, like it or not.

Idiot.

especially when there are players like butt, duff and ameobi.

all he does is big them up

Demand more from your players in the dressing room, sure... but i'm struggling to see the benefits of coming out and telling the public that you think one of your players has played shit.

Agreed, nothing wrong with demanding more from your players, Enrique can be a bit dopey for sure, but if Joe's going to make public criticism of his players he should be even handed and not just pick on the foreign lads. I've never heard a peep against Duff who put in one of the most cowardly performances in that first half I've seen from a Newcastle player in a long time.

Kinnear's a fat oaf who will split the dressing room  with those sort of guff.

Idiot.

I have got a problem when he is giving stick to a player who is low on confidence and then go on to have one of his best halves in his career here. Pathetic man management.

Indeed, he should have kept it between the two of them, but him spouting shite like this to the press isn't half as alarming as him not being able to see that Enrique was our best player in the first half.

Whilst i disagree entirely with Kinnear's management of Enrique, i haven't exactly sympathised with the guy because he's a professional footballer and he should just get on with it (which he has done, to his credit). But i mean Christ, now i'll give him sympathy. The treatment he gets from Kinnear is just plain bizarre tbh and it really is fantastic how the guy continues to put the graft in week-in week-out, and still has the heart to churn out good performances. A true footballer who, you can tell, genuinely wants what's best for the club. The thing is, on top of the graft he's actually got some quality aswell which is why we need him in the side. His effort, in the face of this total shite from the manager, is brilliant iyam.

Kinnear's pushing his luck with the guy tbh. Depending on where Ryan Taylor plays, we could be stuck with Steven Taylor and David Edgar in the full-back positions if Enrique ultimately gets fed up. You can just picture him, at the moment, reading this shit from the boss and rolling his eyes and laughing, and forgetting about it. Fantastic effort from the lad - no overwhelming sense of ego or anything, that you'd expect from many professional footballers these days.

I like him a lot and i think he's a credit to the club atm.

Sort of agree with Joe, we need more consistency with Enrique, more games like the Sunderland and i'll be a happy chappy.

You agree that Joe should publicly criticise Enrique, while keeping quiet about other players who he likes?

clueless.. he hardly put a foot wrong in the first you brain-dead fuck..

I swear Kinnear's inadequacy boils my piss sometimes. Just release the poor fucker and get a proper left back like Naylor or Riise and be done with it

Guest Heneage

Sort of agree with Joe, we need more consistency with Enrique, more games like the Sunderland and i'll be a happy chappy.

You agree that Joe should publicly criticise Enrique, while keeping quiet about other players who he likes?

No, is that what I said? I said we do need more from him, more consistency.

Guest firetotheworks

Jose Enrique

JOE KINNEAR has demanded even more from Spanish left-back Jose Enrique going into Newcastle United’s daunting Premier League run-in.

Enrique will feel he has done enough to stay in the team against West Brom after the 1-1 draw with Sunderland.

But Kinnear has a big decision to make ahead of the trip on Saturday and must decide how to use new boy Ryan Taylor at the Hawthorns.

The England Under-21 star can play in a range of positions and has starred out wide on both flanks for Wigan and at right-back and left-back.

And with Kinnear unlikely to drop Damien Duff, Jonas Gutierrez or Steven Taylor, Enrique could be the unfortunate one against the Baggies despite going into the game on the back of one his best performances in a black-and- white shirt.

However, Kinnear told the Chronicle: “I told him at half- time, you’re not giving what I expect from you.

“He just sits at times.

“I didn’t think he did enough in the first half, so I had words with him at half-time, and I thought he did exceptionally well in the second half.”

Indeed Enrique was a big threat for the Magpies down the left-hand side and linked up superbly with Jonas before later admitting he likes to link up down the flank with the Argentine international.

The selection dilemma is a welcome one for Kinnear, who also has Kevin Nolan and Nicky Butt lined up for places in the engine room and must perm two strikers from Andy Carroll, Oba Martins, Mark Viduka, Alan Smith and Xisco.

However, reflecting on the capabilities of Enrique, Kinnear says: "When he gets in that last third of the pitch, he can hurt teams.

“Sometimes he’s just prepared to sit on his backside in that position and let the game drift away from him.”

United have also been buoyed by the news that Michael Owen is making excellent progress from the ankle injury sustained at Manchester City.

Owen is out of contention for West Brom and the home clash with Everton on February 22, but is targeting the trip to Bolton on March 1.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/02/05/enrique-position-is-under-threat-72703-22861294/

I now officially hate Kinnear, and want him out immediately.

Jose Enrique

“He just sits at times.

You didn't before that article was published?

Guest firetotheworks

Jose Enrique

“He just sits at times.

You didn't before that article was published?

I didn't hate him, I just thought he was blissfully unaware of how fucking stupid he was. Now he's knocking Enrique again after his best performance of the season. I did want him out aswell, just not immediately.