Ryan Taylor

Dave

FWIW I never suggested Ryan Taylor was anywhere near David Beckham's standard. I simple stated that it is possible to be a professional footballer while only really have one decent footballing attribute.

David Beckham was a lot better than Ryan Taylor but without their right feet, both would be selling fruit and veg.

It would pretty difficult for anybody to play professional football without a right foot

Wouldn't exactly be easy selling fruit and veg either

Why is Raylor being bigged up so much?

He was below average 2 years ago. The only thing he can do is whip a good ball in occasionally, even against QPR his deliveries were bad. His passing is appalling and it's madness he was starting ahead of Anita in midfield who can do everything better than Raylor part from maybe hoof the ball forward and the odd good set piece.

Why is Raylor being bigged up so much?

He was below average 2 years ago. The only thing he can do is whip a good ball in occasionally, even against QPR his deliveries were bad. His passing is appalling and it's madness he was starting ahead of Anita in midfield who can do everything better than Raylor part from maybe hoof the ball forward and the odd good set piece.

Anita has been shit to be fair.

FWIW I never suggested Ryan Taylor was anywhere near David Beckham's standard. I simple stated that it is possible to be a professional footballer while only really have one decent footballing attribute.

David Beckham was a lot better than Ryan Taylor but without their right feet, both would be selling fruit and veg.

It would pretty difficult for anybody to play professional football without a right foot

Wouldn't exactly be easy selling fruit and veg either

:lol:

Christ, this is Pardew syndrome all over again. People just extrapolate their most recent memory backwards. The guy is pants and has been an utterly useless signing - both through fault of his own and not.

On the contrary, I think he's performed better than expected. Sibierski part II. He's not a great footballer by any stretch of the imagination, but we've seen plenty of more talented signings do far less for the club than he has.

No, didn't say he isn't "pants."

I said that he's exceeded expectations-- or my expectations certainly. He arrived with such a cloud over him. Kinnear, Nsomnia, and all that. I wasn't expecting much.

So I don't think that the current good will directed towards him is entirely a matter of people "extrapolating their most recent memory backwards" as Taylor said.

I said that he's exceeded expectations-- or my expectations certainly. He arrived with such a cloud over him. Kinnear, Nsomnia, and all that. I wasn't expecting much.

So I don't think that the current good will directed towards him is entirely a matter of people "extrapolating their most recent memory backwards" as Taylor said.

Cut to the chase. Is he pants or not? :lol: If your expectation level was low in the first place then fair enough. I do think people are romanticing the effectiveness of his crossing and dead balls. He hasn't really delivered consistently on that front, albeit scoring in some crucial goals in derbies and Europe. He's tidy enough and has a decent touch but we have enough players like that and he is an abysmal full back.

Guest antz1uk

i think he was a decent enough squad player to keep around the club for the likes of League cup games , would have said Europe but we all know how that one goes (however this was before 2yrs worth of injuries)

Cut to the chase. Is he pants or not? :lol: If your expectation level was low in the first place then fair enough. I do think people are romanticing the effectiveness of his crossing and dead balls. He hasn't really delivered consistently on that front, albeit scoring in some crucial goals in derbies and Europe. He's tidy enough and has a decent touch but we have enough players like that and he is an abysmal full back.

NUFC is supposed to be something like the 20th richest club in the world.  Ryan Taylor shouldn't be anywhere near our squad. Still, I like the guy.

I don't think anyone was seriously comparing his skills to Beckham or any other world class footballer. But compared to the players on our squad, his dead ball skills stand out. (Sadly. There's no Robert in this team.) And given the lack of ideas coming from our manager... a Ryan Taylor free kick is sometimes our best chance at winning those games that we should be winning anyway.

So he's done better than poorer signings so he isnt pants? That's hardly a good yardstick. I know it's taboo to knock a dog when he's down but the blokes been largely bilge despite the occasional free kick our decent spell of crossing.

"Knock a dog when it's down" had me howling  :)

Sorry  :lol:

So he's done better than poorer signings so he isnt pants? That's hardly a good yardstick. I know it's taboo to knock a dog when he's down but the blokes been largely bilge despite the occasional free kick our decent spell of crossing.

"Knock a dog when it's down" had me howling  :)

Sorry  :lol:

:lol:

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I don't want to insult him, it's ridiculous how many times he's had to play this season after a string of severe injuries. If we were a proper club, he'd be limited to a few sub/cup appearances.

Rubbish. If we were a proper club he'd have been sold in the Championship season when it was clear even that level was above him.