Joe Kinnear has triple heart bypass surgery, home on Sunday

JH

All the best Joe.

A successful operation is much more important than all this football s**** we keep getting ourselves all worked up about

:thup:

Triple heart bypass - quite severe like.  :thdn:

Guess several senior players are going to the hospital to visit Joe and while they're there find out what a heart is.

A bypass is a bypass, it will take a bit longer and they'll have to use more veins but it shouldn't change much.  If anything the recovery might be more obvious as he'll have had more restrictions to deal with.

Hopefully this will have a good effect on the players, as in they'll do it for Joe. :thup:

Hope Kinnear gets through this alright, his long term health matters more than his job here, both to him and the club.

The club should try and see if they can fit in Viduka for a spot of lypo as well.

We are going to need that fatso fit and firing the rest of the way and we can't afford otherwise.

Well he usually starts to come good when his contract is running out so i'm expecting a shit load of goals

BBC breaking news: back in eight weeks.

Looked at a couple of sites and they seem to say

'Full recovery from coronary artery bypass graft surgery takes three to four months. Within four to six weeks, people with sedentary office jobs can return to work; people with physical jobs must wait longer and sometimes change careers'

Guest black n white

I've just read up about a heart bypass operation (:blush:) and it sounds very, very serious to me. Surely there are no circumstances where Kinnear can come back to top-level management? ???

Question is what are the causes of a trpile bypass, could it been down to the stress of managing  nufc?

Good luck Joe,  lets say your time at nufc has been unique, reckon calderwood will be appointed full time shortly and i bet cashley wont be appointing another manager thats had heart  problems.(would'nt be surprised if jfk sues, undue stress and pressure and had a 2.5 yr contract on the table)

I've just read up about a heart bypass operation (:blush:) and it sounds very, very serious to me. Surely there are no circumstances where Kinnear can come back to top-level management? ???

Souness did

Although I wouldn't exactly call it top level management

I've seen a fimilly member go through it and the operation is terrible but the recovery is really amazing.  Seeing somebody in Intensive Care or whatever they call it isn't very nice as he'll have tubes coming out from his neck and other places.  Within 24 hours he'll be sitting up in a chair and within 48 hours he'll be walking around.

As long as he does as he's advised then he'll make a good recovery, if he doesn't and tries to just lie in bed or just sit around then he'll struggle and his recovery will take a lot longer and he'll create problems for himself.  He should be out of hospital within a week or so and the most pain he'll get will probably come from his leg as they will almost certainly take grafts from one of those.

Sounds like bollocks, normal recovery time for a triple heart bypass is usually mentioned as 3 months as an absolute minimum, 6 months normally and sometimes up to a full year.

If he's back in charge of the team after 8 weeks he'll be back in hospital 2 weeks later.

Sounds like bollocks, normal recovery time for a triple heart bypass is usually mentioned as 3 months as an absolute minimum, 6 months normally and sometimes up to a full year.

If he's back in charge of the team after 8 weeks he'll be back in hospital 2 weeks later.

I think people are forgetting the wonders of private medicine.

Guest black n white

We can't even be contemplating giving this man the seat back when he returns. It'd be beyond retarded.

You've stumbled upon a brilliant, succint description for the decision making capabilities of our current board.

I think that would be disrespectful to the retarded, the retarded do have some sort of iq.

I think people are forgetting the wonders of private medicine.

You don't need to go private, the NHS do a brilliant job with this sort of thing.

I agree with Mick, and besides, regardless whether it's private or NHS, it's still a fairly serious condition and operation that 1) Kinnear himself and 2) the club cannot afford to rush the man back, it could finish him off, as well as our league status.