Joe Kinnear has triple heart bypass surgery, home on Sunday

JH

Guest The Libertine

He's gotta go now, for his own sake, the thought of him possibly dying would weigh on my conscience if I was Ashley.

dont be daft, Kinnear's a grown man and makes his own decisions

<b>Aye but Kinnear doesn't strike me as the man who would want to quit.</b>

I expect his health will be his priority and rightly so I'll be very surprised if he doesn't do the honorable thing and step aside/resign.

i dont think he will, but i'll have considerably more respect for him if he does.

Guest guinness_fiend

I personally think that it is disgusting that people on this forum are trying to use JK's operation as a means of getting him out through the backdoor ("I hope that he does the honourable thing and leaves..." etc.). 

The man is having a very serious operation, but should make a full recovery.  If anything, his condition could well have been exacerbated by the ridiculous pressure put on him over recent months, as a consequence of general unrest amongst the fans, who seen him as the manifestation of all that is wrong with the club since Ashley arrived.  Whether you like JK or not, we at least owe him our best wishes (and prayers, if you are that way inclined).

If he has his operation and is fit to manage, then he should do so.  He appears to be genuine in his desire to see the club do well, a rarity these days, even if someone else is pulling the strings when it comes to transfer etc.  The man is a born fighter, after all.

As far as I am concerned, if he is well enough to managed post-op, he should do so until such time as a suitable replacement if found based on the merits of the case (i.e. in a dreamworld, Scolari would be chomping at the bit).  Other than that, it would not be "honourable" for him to step down now, as the word has no context here, so stop using it as an excuse to try and pressure out the only person we are aware of that has any inclination in managing this current shitstorm of a club.

Guest The Libertine

I personally think that it is disgusting that people on this forum are trying to use JK's operation as a means of getting him out through the backdoor ("I hope that he does the honourable thing and leaves..." etc.). 

The man is having a very serious operation, but should make a full recovery.  If anything, his condition could well have been exacerbated by the ridiculous pressure put on him over recent months, as a consequence of general unrest amongst the fans, who seen him as the manifestation of all that is wrong with the club since Ashley arrived.  Whether you like JK or not, we at least owe him our best wishes (and prayers, if you are that way inclined).

If he has his operation and is fit to manage, then he should do so.  He appears to be genuine in his desire to see the club do well, a rarity these days, even if someone else is pulling the strings when it comes to transfer etc.  The man is a born fighter, after all.

As far as I am concerned, if he is well enough to managed post-op, he should do so until such time as a suitable replacement if found based on the merits of the case (i.e. in a dreamworld, Scolari would be chomping at the bit).  Other than that, it would not be "honourable" for him to step down now, as the word has no context here, so stop using it as an excuse to try and pressure out the only person we are aware of that has any inclination in managing this current shitstorm of a club.

he's having a triple bypass operation at 62 and will then probably be going back into a high profile job which causes unbelievable amounts of stress. its not completely out of the question for people to think he might need to step down for his own sake.

Facts are facts - NOBODY wished this on Joe Kinnear, but its happened - the club needs to stay in the Prem and every action should be taken to ensure this...

Whether he was the best man for the job has been questioned by many, myself included, but it doesn't mean we want him dead...

Facts are facts - NOBODY wished this on Joe Kinnear, but its happened - the club needs to stay in the Prem and every action should be taken to ensure this...

Whether he was the best man for the job has been questioned by many, myself included, but it doesn't mean we want him dead...

i'm not gonna apologise for fuck all, :kinnear: has been a total joke and he needs to be moved on from the position of NUFC manager, his ill health doesn't change my opinion one iota

do i have any ill will toward him, no...but i hope he never darkens the doors of SJP in a managerial capacity

fingers crossed though joe

i'm not gonna apologise for fuck all, :kinnear: has been a total joke and he needs to be moved on from the position of NUFC manager, his ill health doesn't change my opinion one iota

do i have any ill will toward him, no...but i hope he never darkens the doors of SJP in a managerial capacity

fingers crossed though joe

precisely, sentiments other wise are from people who infact cannot seperate football from 'real life' while criticising others for not being able to do so. do i want joe kinnear to have a full recovery regardless of footballing matters? of course i do because thats a human issue. do i want him to be our manager? do i fuck, because he's hopeless.

Hope he pulls though okay.

On the managerial note, I cannot see the club making any kind of announcement or changes imminently or at least until Joe is through the worst of it.  It would not be respectful to Joe or his family.

Even if they are now planning for a new successor, I very much doubt that will come out for a couple of weeks once the initial recovery period it out of the way and Joe is back on his feet.

I think this will pull the club a bit closer together - from the fans,.the players right upto the top.  For all Joe's management weaknesses, no one would wish this on anyone.  In an ironic kind of way, this could well help us though this difficult period.

Get well soon.

On the managerial note, I cannot see the club making any kind of announcement or changes imminently or at least until Joe is through the worst of it.  It would not be respectful to Joe or his family.

Even if they are now planning for a new successor, I very much doubt that will come out for a couple of weeks once the initial recovery period it out of the way and Joe is back on his feet.

I think this will pull the club a bit closer together - from the fans,.the players right upto the top.  For all Joe's management weaknesses, no one would wish this on anyone.  In an ironic kind of way, this could well help us though this difficult period.

Get well soon.

Very sensible comments.

Get well soon.

Good post. :up: