West Brom 2 - 3 Newcastle United - 07/02/09 - post match reaction from page 37

Dave

No way man. Viduka will have a field day against these plebs.

He's too slow.

He's got Lovenkrands to make up for that. Viduka's intelligence and his touches will get us another goal if we bring him on now, imo. Won't happen like.

I wouldn't send Shola out in the seconf half he's having a mightmare, I'd put the invisible Spaniard on as he's got more pace than Viduka.

Lovenkrands would benefit from Viduka's touch and vision

I hope so, could be an interesting combo

Yup. Would love to see a bit of that.

Think Viduka alongside anyone with pace would be interesting as he has some lovely touches to release people into space.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Butt has been awful, Nolan is showing him up for what he is...burnt out with no legs.

How many 10 yard passes has butt given away??

nolan/barton could work?

hows nolan playing?

Appears to be getting into the box which is huge for us.

In his 1st match against the mackems he was specifically told to stay back in a holding position by jfk he said, so he's hopefully been given more freedom today

He's got Lovenkrands to make up for that. Viduka's intelligence and his touches will get us another goal if we bring him on now, imo. Won't happen like.

I honestly think that would give West Brom more time to get back, they are panicking and I think we should keep the pressure on.

Nicky Butt really does bring us down, he has glaringly obvious mistakes that he makes a la their 1st goal, but there's also the subtle ones, like running round like tit and leaving massive gaps in the middle. It's truly amazing to watch how different Butt is to Nolan, you'd never think he was 8 years older.

How good is it having a player in the side who can both run and cross the ball? Insanity, this!

Has always infuriated me, our lack of cheap set play goals.

Absolutely vital for any half decent side.