Pre Match: Newcastle United vs Everton - see OP for N-O podcast!

joeyt

hey guys, everton here in peace, how are you all doing  :aww:

anyway thought i'd post the likely team we will field

Piennar, Osman and Fellaini are all apparently doubtful so i dunno whether they will feature but if they can i would like this to be the team

Howard

Neville Jagielka Lescott Baines

Gosling Arteta Rodwell Pienaar

Fellaini

Jo

if however Fellaini and Pienaar both miss the game i could possibly see this as the team

Howard

Neville Yobo Jagielka Lescott

Gosling Arteta Rodwell Baines

Anichebe Jo

how do you feel about the two teams i have posted.

I would just like to say i think this could be one of the best games in the league this season, newcastle have a few players back from injury and suspension and alot more attacking options and look a good threat i can see you causing us a few problems. Also we have already played in an epic 2-2 encounter earlier in the season we went 2-0 up and you came back to get a draw and could have even won it. Newcastle seem to be rallying around in support of kinnear and will want to play well for him whilst he is still in hospital. I hope our yougsters if they play give a good performance, Rodwell and Arteta have been brilliant in the middle, the loss of Cahill will be a massive blow, i dunno whether Jo could terrorise the defence, and he is always likely to score from a corner or free kick so that is one big element missing, we might have to rely on big ol lescott to get his head onto them for this game ^^

best of luck, im sure i will be back on here again after the match whether we get humiliated or if we win :D

Welcome to the forum mate, we've got two other Everton supporters who are regular posters on here, so you'll fit right in.

I certainly feel a lot more confident without Arteta in your team, that's for sure. Out of the two that you posted, I'd much rather you guys went with the first one. Fellaini is more of a DM than a second striker, isn't he? Thought Anichebe looked good against Villa, very strong and hard to get the ball from, like a good Ameobi. Jo was absolute wank when he was here when we played City, though I've heard he had a cracking game against Bolton for you lot. Think Colo might struggle against the physicality of Anichebe or Jo, depending on which one Bassong wants to have a quiet game. Haven't seen enough of either Gosling or Rodwell, but they both had good first halves against Villa IIRC, and they'll probably be up for it, and playing against Nicky Butt, they've got a very good opportunity to build some confidence :undecided:

For us, we are really hoping to see Martins, he's arguably been our most important player this season, and we've waited too long all ready for his come-back. Lövenkrands had a very good game against West Brom two weeks ago, but I'm not so sure Hughton will put Ameobi on the bench if Oba is fit.

Our team will probably be:

Harper

Taylor        Colo        Bassong      Enrique

Butt

Nolan

Jonas                                            Duff

McLoven

Ameobi

Our team will probably be:

Harper

Taylor         Colo        Bassong       Enrique

Butt

Nolan

Jonas                                             Duff

McLoven

Ameobi

I agree. I think Hughton will play safe and stick to the side which won against WBA and bring the returning strikers off the bench. I can't see him going for the Martins/Lovenkrands combo from the start without getting a look at it first. Personally I'd start Viduka up front with Lovenkrands he should be fit to start now.

If Viduka is fit enough to even play just an hour he should start, and then we can chuck on Martins, Smith or Shola on the hour depending whether we need to chase, close down or try and throw away the game.

Dilemma for my Fantasy Football team. Ashley Cole is suspended, so have to pick between my two sub defenders Lescott & Bassong for the third defender's place...

The answer: take Ashley Cole out, he gets nee assists, and get Maynor Figueroa in. Been excellent all season, Wigan get buckets of clean sheets and he gets lots of assists.

hth :)

Dilemma for my Fantasy Football team. Ashley Cole is suspended, so have to pick between my two sub defenders Lescott & Bassong for the third defender's place...

The answer: take Ashley Cole out, he gets nee assists, and get Maynor Figueroa in. Been excellent all season, Wigan get buckets of clean sheets and he gets lots of assists.

hth :)

Don't want to waste a transfer though! Going to be the optimist and pick Bassong.

Reckon this could be one hell of a game on sunday.

I think the complete opposite. Be a slogfest to the end. Hate sunday games anyway especially when there is no real need for this to be on the tele. With Boro, Stoke, Pompey all having potential winnable fixtures the oweness could well be on us to get a result on Sunday.

Key player for them is Felliani, if he plays well we could be in for a shock... Really like that player.

Key for us is if the "real Nicky butt" stands up? If he plays well the rest of the team will click...

Key player for them is Felliani, if he plays well we could be in for a shock... Really like that player.

Key for us is if the "real Nicky butt" stands up? If he plays well the rest of the team will click...

:colo: is out injured so no shock.

Fellaini will start. :hmm:

Saha on the bench too imo.

I've been told different but fair enough, I could be wrong.

Don't get me wrong I hope you're right and that he doesn't start....but I think he'll play him if he's anywhere near being fit.  :thup:

Don't get me wrong I hope you're right and that he doesn't start....but I think he'll play him if he's anywhere near being fit.  :thup:

Agreed. If Neville indeed moves to right back, partnering Rodwell will be that Castillo bloke (if Fellaini doesn't play) and he's shite, so he'll probably start him and just play him for an hour if he's not match fit.