Just book me ref, I want a holiday - NOTW

LooneyToonArmy

I think he's talking out of his arse, personally.

If you were a player and wanted a yellow you'd just get yourself booked. No need to have a natter with the ref about it. Just do it.

Just a ref trying to big himself up.

This

Beckham admitted doing it for England so it will all be deemed acceptable

When Beckham did that it was the right thing to do. Still can't believe the stupid fuss made over that.

Agree. Mistake he made was admitting it and giving the media the opportunity to go nuts over it all.

Am sure it wouldnt have been the first time it was done

He didn't even need to admit it, it was that obvious.  The surprising thing was that it showed he had a brain.

Guest getalife

I think he's talking out of his arse, personally.

If you were a player and wanted a yellow you'd just get yourself booked. No need to have a natter with the ref about it. Just do it.

Just a ref trying to big himself up.

This

exactly........

I remember sitting there when Jonas was on 4 yellows and working out which game he 'should' get booked in to avoid missing the mackems match. Clubs muct have been doing it for years  but it would take some stupid twat of a player to tell a ref. Just give him some abuse or a deliberate handball towards the end and you'd get booked.

Obviously for certain players and teams who are immune to bookings then its more difficult.

I'm just delighted its Bennett who is always shite against us.

Howard Webb oversaw Liverpool games against Man Utd and Arsenal and Chelsea this season, two wins and a draw and sent off Adebayor and Vidic.

Of course, this doesn't mean he's done anything wrong, but in light of him singing a Liverpool anthem I'd be feeling aggrieved if I was an opponent.

For singing a song?  Get a grip.

He must have just been singing it because he likes the song eh?

If you were a(n intelligent) player and wanted a yellow you'd just get yourself booked. No need to have a natter with the ref about it. Just do it.

There are some thick twat/flash gits out there though. I don't think it's impossible, even if it was just the ref overhearing them in the tunnel or whatever.

The point is, if it's the club trying to organise who misses (or doesn't miss) a certain fixture, like planning your calendar - all well and good. If it's players just looking after their own interests and fuck the club/team/supporters etc. then it's bang out of order.

Have Howard webb and Mike Dean reffed Liverpool. If they have, they should be banned as well.

Webb refereed the Merseyside derby the other week

To be fair, he did a good job but he should never be let near their games in future if he's singing that shite

If you were a(n intelligent) player and wanted a yellow you'd just get yourself booked. No need to have a natter with the ref about it. Just do it.

There are some thick twat/flash gits out there though. I don't think it's impossible, even if it was just the ref overhearing them in the tunnel or whatever.

The point is, if it's the club trying to organise who misses (or doesn't miss) a certain fixture, like planning your calendar - all well and good. If it's players just looking after their own interests and fuck the club/team/supporters etc. then it's bang out of order.

Wonder if people are using a bit of reverse psychology on him.  "Do that again and you're going in the book",  "That's OK, I'd like a booking so I get Christmas off"

Bearing in mind what they finished Clatterberg for, this should be the end of Bennett.

Re: Dean and Webb, how come we were never allowed to have Clattenburg referee our games? That's why action should be taken over these revelations. Either they've lied or the Premier League has had double standards. I think it's fair to assume they aren't just into '60s pop classics.

Guest Stephen927

This is why suspended players/players not in the team should travel with the team for every game and sit up in the stands.

Just makes me wonder when the wage cap will be put into football, i can't wait for the day as it seriously needs to be put in there. Footballers wouldn't be such cunts if they had less money.

yep, the enforced drop from 70k a week to 50k a week will fuck them up big style...

Surely players who are suspended don't get time off though? Do they not continue to come in and train and do the gym etc?

Mental if true.

I think this is where the difficulty in man management comes these days. If a foreign player is out for a couple of weeks and he asks to go to his home country for a few days, do you allow him and trust him to stay fit or demand he stays and risk them having a strop

Guest Stephen927

Surely players who are suspended don't get time off though? Do they not continue to come in and train and do the gym etc?

Mental if true.

I think this is where the difficulty in man management comes these days. If a foreign player is out for a couple of weeks and he asks to go to his home country for a few days, do you allow him and trust him to stay fit or demand he stays and risk them having a strop

Was a similar situation with Robinho just the other week

The way I would see it is they're under contract with the club so should stay with the club unless they're out for a few weeks in which case a short break back home could do them good. Other than that they should be at the club all season until end of season, then back in time for pre-season.

They're under contract (most cases quite lucrative deals) so should really stay at their clubs no matter what during the season.