Llambias Q&A with Chronicle: OP updated with Thursday's articles

Guest neesy111

nothing wholly unexpected about it all, thought he came across reasonably well if a little condescending (although given the actions of some of our fans, it's to be expected).

spot on about "the NUSC" - perhaps the fog of war will start to lift from their eyes

If the NUSC weren't getting so much press coverage with their demands for communication from the club you can be sure this interview would never have happened.

Thats rubbish I'm afraid. The club had said before Xmas they would talk after the transfer window. NUSC had sweet FA to do with the interview or the future meeting. In fact I don't even know if anyone on NUSC is part of the meeting, they might be I don't know.

The club said just after christams they'd be speaking in the new year (Ashley's programme notes for the  Liverpool game).  That never happened though so Kinnear said it would be after the transfer window.  Then he said it would be the end of the season that they'd talk to supporters groups.  Now Llambias points out they're regularly talking to supporters groups.

Nobody at the club is reading from the same page.

Anyhow, why did they feel the need to break from their policy of silence, if not due to the pressure they were under?

It's been known by the people who go to the meetings it would be February for a long time. I don't care what JK said how much of what he says is true anyway

I think you're confusing meetings with fan representatives (stewarding, prices etc.) with broader communication (Club direction, transfer policy, who's running the club etc.).

Llambias hasn't even been involved with the former has he?

I think (assume) that's all Llambias is on about when he mentions the meetings with the fans. He hasn't been involved with those yet but he is in february from what I understand. Mort was included in the last lot though.

I'll not count my chickens that he will just yet, but I was on about the latter.

Would you Adam and Eve it?  I hear Llambias has only gone and cancelled his promised appearance at the February get together.

*SHOCK*

*HORROR*

Long live open dialogue and communication. mackems.gif

What a fucking joke. No surprise to see this post has been ignored though.

I'll just keep bumping it to quieten the gullible.  :smug:

Most of the papers have gone with Kinnear needing heart surgery so if that's the case then it's understandable that talking to a fans forum isn't top priority and getting together with club directors to work out what they plan to do about the managerial situation is.

It comments like this from NUSC that make them look like self important arseholes.

nothing wholly unexpected about it all, thought he came across reasonably well if a little condescending (although given the actions of some of our fans, it's to be expected).

spot on about "the NUSC" - perhaps the fog of war will start to lift from their eyes

If the NUSC weren't getting so much press coverage with their demands for communication from the club you can be sure this interview would never have happened.

Thats rubbish I'm afraid. The club had said before Xmas they would talk after the transfer window. NUSC had sweet FA to do with the interview or the future meeting. In fact I don't even know if anyone on NUSC is part of the meeting, they might be I don't know.

The club said just after christams they'd be speaking in the new year (Ashley's programme notes for the  Liverpool game).  That never happened though so Kinnear said it would be after the transfer window.  Then he said it would be the end of the season that they'd talk to supporters groups.  Now Llambias points out they're regularly talking to supporters groups.

Anyhow, why did they feel the need to break from their policy of silence, if not due to the pressure they were under?

It's been known by the people who go to the meetings it would be February for a long time. I don't care what JK said how much of what he says is true anyway

I think you're confusing meetings with fan representatives (stewarding, prices etc.) with broader communication (Club direction, transfer policy, who's running the club etc.).

I think (assume) that's all Llambias is on about when he mentions the meetings with the fans. He hasn't been involved with those yet but he is in february from what I understand. Mort was included in the last lot though.

I'll not count my chickens that he will just yet, but I was on about the latter.

Would you Adam and Eve it?  I hear Llambias has only gone and cancelled his promised appearance at the February get together.

*SHOCK*

*HORROR*

Most of the papers have gone with Kinnear needing heart surgery so if that's the case then it's understandable that talking to a fans forum isn't top priority and getting together with club directors to work out what they plan to do about the managerial situation is.

It comments like this from NUSC that make them look like self important arseholes.

You're a betting man Baggio.  What odds will you give me that Keegan wins an £8M constructive dismissal payout next month and Lambarse uses it to justify spending nowt in the summer?

Baggio basically said it better than I could.

*SHOCK*

*HORROR*

You're a betting man Baggio.  What odds will you give me that Keegan wins an £8M constructive dismissal payout next month and Lambarse uses it to justify spending nowt in the summer?

Call it evens and we'll have £100 on it now if you like.

Unless you don't fancy putting your money where your mouth is?

*SHOCK*

*HORROR*

What a f***ing joke. No surprise to see this post has been ignored though.

If he did (he also mentioned the £4m we're owed for Milner which will go on transfers) how would you expect the club to pay out more when we're up s*** creek in debt! Ahh no I'm sorry just chase the current board out and we'll get that Billionaire in that NUSC have lined up.

*SHOCK*

*HORROR*

If he did (he also mentioned the £4m we're owed for Milner which will go on transfers) how would you expect the club to pay out more when we're up s*** creek in debt! Ahh no I'm sorry just chase the current board out and we'll get that Billionaire in that NUSC have lined up.

Yeah.  We were "told" the club had £100M of debt when Ashley arrived which was now completely cleared.

We were "told" the Ashley would invest £20M a season in the first team.  But after 2 years he's £2M in profit on transfers.

We were "told" he would sell the club.

We were "told" Lambarse would meet the NUSC in February.

Forgive me if I don't see what they say as the gods honest.

In his own words, "Actions speak louder than words" and the only actions we've seen have left us as relegation bait.

Just been reading the more comprehensive interview in the Journal and I must admit I am quite impressed that he was pretty forthright in his answers. His answers about the business side of the club were impressive and the fact that he admitted he didn't interfere in football matters. One thing I'm uncomfortable about is there isn't enough football nous amongst the decision makers. Who will assess the merits of the next manager for example? 

Just been reading the more comprehensive interview in the Journal and I must admit I am quite impressed that he was pretty forthright in his answers. His answers about the business side of the club were impressive and the fact that he admitted he didn't interfere in football matters. One thing I'm uncomfortable about is there isn't enough football nous amongst the decision makers. Who will assess the merits of the next manager for example? 

I don't see why you're worried about that, I assume it'll be the same people that pulled out all the stops in head hunting joking Joe.

I don't see why you're worried about that, I assume it'll be the same people that pulled out all the stops in head hunting joking Joe.

Also Redknapp and Keegan it should be added.

Really?

You not reckon Wise, Vetere and Williamson have had any say since arriving?

Really?

Maybe they have. Joe Kinnear wasn't a disaster btw, when you consider the circumstances at the time he was given the job,

Really?

Maybe they have. Joe Kinnear wasn't a disaster btw, when you consider the circumstances at the time he was given the job,

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/2418/managersnc0.jpg

???

Really?

???

The club was on the verge of being sold, he was on a monthly contract and we were in a relegation spot and in freefall.

*SHOCK*

*HORROR*

Yeah.  We were "told" the club had £100M of debt when Ashley arrived which was now completely cleared.

We were "told" the Ashley would invest £20M a season in the first team.  But after 2 years he's £2M in profit on transfers.

In his own words, "Actions speak louder than words" and the only actions we've seen have left us as relegation bait.

We should have an ostrich smiley

*SHOCK*

*HORROR*

The clubs £100m debt is still there it's just not  now paying 11% interest a month. There were extra debts since been discovered to add to that.

He has invested £20m per season towards the running costs of the club. So your saying he's spent an extra £2m of once again his own money to cover those transfers.

He tried, no one wanted it.

It's been cancelled grow up meetings get cancelled I'm sure it will be re arranged.

Really?

???

The club was on the verge of being sold, he was on a monthly contract and we were in a relegation spot and in freefall.

Aye.  But since then club came off the market, we fluked our way out of the bottom three, he got the job full time, and was offered a two and a half year deal.....and he still never won a game in seven since.  :no:

Aye.  But since then club came off the market, we fluked our way out of the bottom three, he got the job full time, and was offered a two and a half year deal.....and he still never won a game in seven since.  :no:

Thats the only thing I think we agree on.

The Supporters panel meeting was booked to be on Thursday and would involve Llambiarse. We have now been told that "due to last weekends events Derek would not be in Newcastle and therefore could not attend".

Now what events are these? JFK being ill? us actually winning? or Derek realising the stupidity of the interview he gave?

So much for communications.

As for the NUSC discussions with the "club" they have gone as follows:

As you all know we have attempted to get a discussion going for a while and not had any sort of response not even a "fuck off".

We did get ourselves invited to a supporters panel meeting which was agreed with the club because we had a specific thing we wanted to discuss ie the problems with heavy handed stewards in Level 7. At the same time the club wanted our help (even though we're just some breakaway group not worth listening to) in finding a way to ensure people didnt stand continuously in that area,

We went to the meeting, discussed the issues and then discussed the wider issue of communications, all of this was with Simon Esland (a canny enough bloke but nobody of any real importance, more a PR type man) and (unusually for the Supporters Panel ) it turns out they werent taking minutes  :rolleyes:

At the end of it we agreed that we 3 or 4 members of the committee would be included in the supporters panel meetings from now on.

And that is it, the sum total of 1 meeting with the club, a meeting that we virtually forced through and one which frankly had nothing to do with the state of the club or the future. A specific meeting to discuss a very real non-footballing issue.

We will be putting something official together for our responses to at least the references hes made to us. Suffice to say though it will be thought out and factful not like the pile of lies and deceipt that we've just read today.

As for the supporters panel though, the thing Llambias says is more representative of the fans well my personal view is that its not worth the time of day. Thats not being disrespectful to the people on there but what Im about to say may well appear that way.......

There are around a dozen people on the panel, half of which I think I can safely say only turn up for the scran. Dont get me wrong there are some very committed and vocal fans on there, some faces and voices I recognise but I get the impression that until we went and shook it up they hadnt really had a chance to make their voices heard. I believe they were basically led into a question and answer session by the club for their own commercial gains.

Normally the stuff that gets talked about is raised by the club and generally involves questions (I shit ye not here) such as "how can we sell more pies?", "do you think people will spend more if we change the half time music?" and "can you tell your mates to drink in Shearers?"

That forum is NOT (in my personal opinion) representative of the fans, it is NOT being used to air fans views and it MOST DEFINITELY is NOT being used to discuss the future as that toad makes out in todays article.

Saying stuff like that is embarrassing tbh.

Guest neesy111

The Supporters panel meeting was booked to be on Thursday and would involve Llambiarse. We have now been told that "due to last weekends events Derek would not be in Newcastle and therefore could not attend".

Now what events are these? JFK being ill? us actually winning? or Derek realising the stupidity of the interview he gave?

So much for communications.

As for the NUSC discussions with the "club" they have gone as follows:

As you all know we have attempted to get a discussion going for a while and not had any sort of response not even a "fuck off".

We did get ourselves invited to a supporters panel meeting which was agreed with the club because we had a specific thing we wanted to discuss ie the problems with heavy handed stewards in Level 7. At the same time the club wanted our help (even though we're just some breakaway group not worth listening to) in finding a way to ensure people didnt stand continuously in that area,

We went to the meeting, discussed the issues and then discussed the wider issue of communications, all of this was with Simon Esland (a canny enough bloke but nobody of any real importance, more a PR type man) and (unusually for the Supporters Panel ) it turns out they werent taking minutes  :rolleyes:

At the end of it we agreed that we 3 or 4 members of the committee would be included in the supporters panel meetings from now on.

And that is it, the sum total of 1 meeting with the club, a meeting that we virtually forced through and one which frankly had nothing to do with the state of the club or the future. A specific meeting to discuss a very real non-footballing issue.

We will be putting something official together for our responses to at least the references hes made to us. Suffice to say though it will be thought out and factful not like the pile of lies and deceipt that we've just read today.

As for the supporters panel though, the thing Llambias says is more representative of the fans well my personal view is that its not worth the time of day. Thats not being disrespectful to the people on there but what Im about to say may well appear that way.......

There are around a dozen people on the panel, half of which I think I can safely say only turn up for the scran. Dont get me wrong there are some very committed and vocal fans on there, some faces and voices I recognise but I get the impression that until we went and shook it up they hadnt really had a chance to make their voices heard. I believe they were basically led into a question and answer session by the club for their own commercial gains.

Normally the stuff that gets talked about is raised by the club and generally involves questions (I shit ye not here) such as "how can we sell more pies?", "do you think people will spend more if we change the half time music?" and "can you tell your mates to drink in Shearers?"

That forum is NOT (in my personal opinion) representative of the fans, it is NOT being used to air fans views and it MOST DEFINITELY is NOT being used to discuss the future as that toad makes out in todays article.

Saying stuff like that is embarrassing tbh.

it's that kind of attitude which makes 90% of fan's not even being interested in NUSC