Llambias Q&A with Chronicle: OP updated with Thursday's articles

Guest neesy111

Sebastien Bassong and Jonas Gutierrez have been good signings to be fair, but will they still be at Newcastle next season given the current trend of selling our best players?

All the "best" players that have left thus far wanted to leave. Why can't people realise that?

Sebastien Bassong and Jonas Gutierrez have been good signings to be fair, but will they still be at Newcastle next season given the current trend of selling our best players?

All the "best" players that have left thus far wanted to leave. Why can't people realise that?

Clubs who want to go places don't sell their best players whether they want to go or not. They keep them, go forwards and make them want to stay. Can't see Gareth Barry braying at the Villa door again this summer.

Clubs who want to go places don't sell their best players whether they want to go or not. They keep them, go forwards and make them want to stay. Can't see Gareth Barry braying at the Villa door again this summer.

I'll take your Barry, and raise you Henry. Ill also look forwards to seeing where Drogba and Ronaldo end up, not that it adds anything yours or my point, as neither of us have one.

I'll take your Barry, and raise you Henry. Ill also look forwards to seeing where Drogba and Ronaldo end up, not that it adds anything yours or my point, as neither of us have one.

Ronaldo's still at Man Utd, despite wanting to be away two summers on the bounce. Ditto Drogba really.

Will be interesting to see how many people fall for the ole 'I promise this time. Really we are going to spend the cash needed next window'. The Fat Man has had what, about 4 full windows now to get in a manager he wants to back? And he's got Joe now and he expects us to believe that with exactly the same turkeys behind the scenes we are going to get a different result?

Rest assured though, you'll get the usual conga line demanding that we wait until September 1 before we cast judgement.

Can I just get in now and say that they've all proven themselves liars many times over and anyone who believes them is stupid.

One other rather cringeworthy thing I gleaned from repeated reading.

So Llambias is basically saying that he and Ashley agreed that Mort's constant communication with the media was a bad thing and made a conscious effort to reduce communication when he was brought on board?

Bloody geniuses aren't they?  :idiot2:

So Llambias is basically saying that he and Ashley agreed that Mort's constant communication with the media was a bad thing and made a conscious effort to reduce communication when he was brought on board?

erm i read that as Llamblias saying he was told keep his head down, due to the keegan thing

EDIT:

"When Chris Mort was here he was very proactive with the Press.

He continuously spoke to the Press.

So when I came on the board, Mike and I discussed it and we basically wanted to keep a lower profile.

Then within no time at all KK happened."

could be read either way, i took it as the kk thing forced them to disappear which wouldn't have happened had kk stayed...then again maybe this fucker just can't communicate well and ashley told him not to bother rather than do it badly?

then brought in :kinnear:

erm i read that as Llamblias saying he was told keep his head down, due to the keegan thing

When Chris Mort was here he was very proactive with the Press.

He continuously spoke to the Press.

So when I came on the board, Mike and I discussed it and we basically wanted to keep a lower profile.

Then within no time at all KK happened.

Not sure what to make of him now after todays articles. I like some of the ideas but he's expecting an awful lot of the fans. He's also certain they are going to stick with the DOF role at the club which Dennis Wise will be keeping. Don't agree with it myself or at least we should have a qualified person in that role.

most seems recycled from yesterday's.

the thing about his background is pretty interesting as it shows he has a background in big money businesses.

that we went for all three of Onuoha, Johnson and Elano is intriguing...i presume they were all last minute opportunistic punts related to the Given transfer. not good enough.

Get back in your own thread NE5.

nowt to say then ?

Just joking man, I'm pretty bored, we all know spending money improves your chances of doing well, but it's not a given, you need the right manager, the right scouts and the right amount of money but you can do well without spending massive amount if you have the right manager e.g. Moyes and Everton.

on the other hand, if you are lucky enough to get a decent manager, and it IS a lottery, and don't back him, he'll be off. Like Moyes, unless Everton are taken over or it all suddenly goes tits up for him.

When you say "do well", how well do YOU want to do ?

Top 7 pushing for Europe would do me.  Regular appearances in the UEFA Cup would be great.

http://www.newcastle-united-supporters-club.co.uk/llambias_response.php

Response to Derek Llambias interview

“We don’t want to talk about Kevin Keegan, which is an issue they will insist on talking about. Unfortunately, that’s not what the tone is.”

Unfortunately this statement, above all, demonstrates how out of touch Derek Llambias and the entire Mike Ashley regime are with what it is fans are asking for.

Kevin Keegan, although forever a legend at this club, is past history. Our rather more pressing concern is to establish how Mike Ashley intends to “drive the club forward” and reinforce how the fans of NUFC can and need to be a significant part of it, going forward.

I'm sorry but that bit does not stack up to everything which NUSC has publically stood for since day one.

They want Ashley out, pure and simply there has been no 'we want to establish how he intends to take the club forward.

The rest of the response seems prety measured though, and is an improvement on past statements.

They've made a pretty obvious shift towards that IMO, before this latest statement.

Agreed.

People need to understand the dynamics of how the origingal catalyst (setting up NUSC to as a protest against Ashley primarily), slowly but surely turns into a more well rounded and considered approach. It is the very nature of all protest movemets, sooner or later you're having coffee with the people who you started out protesting against etc... :thup:

Having listened to the meeting they quite clearly remain a one-issue protest group, everything else they supposedly do it simply window dressing designed to allow them to pass themselves off as a genuine supporters' group.

Don't get me wrong, there's obviously some people (Tom for example) who have genuine intentions to work towards building something, but the majority of the people involved are only interested in one thing and the "leadership" appear to be mainly motivated by ego.

There's little to no considered thought gone into nearly everything they've done so far, they don't even know what they stand for, for fuck's sake, and they're organising a rally to promote, protest, highlight... ...erm, they're organising a rally for some reason - fuck knows why, they don't seem to. :dontknow:

http://www.newcastle-united-supporters-club.co.uk/llambias_response.php

Response to Derek Llambias interview

“We don’t want to talk about Kevin Keegan, which is an issue they will insist on talking about. Unfortunately, that’s not what the tone is.”

Unfortunately this statement, above all, demonstrates how out of touch Derek Llambias and the entire Mike Ashley regime are with what it is fans are asking for.

Kevin Keegan, although forever a legend at this club, is past history. Our rather more pressing concern is to establish how Mike Ashley intends to “drive the club forward” and reinforce how the fans of NUFC can and need to be a significant part of it, going forward.

I'm sorry but that bit does not stack up to everything which NUSC has publically stood for since day one.

They want Ashley out, pure and simply there has been no 'we want to establish how he intends to take the club forward.

The rest of the response seems prety measured though, and is an improvement on past statements.

They've made a pretty obvious shift towards that IMO, before this latest statement.

Agreed.

People need to understand the dynamics of how the origingal catalyst (setting up NUSC to as a protest against Ashley primarily), slowly but surely turns into a more well rounded and considered approach. It is the very nature of all protest movemets, sooner or later you're having coffee with the people who you started out protesting against etc... :thup:

Having listened to the meeting they quite clearly remain a one-issue protest group, everything else they supposedly do it simply window dressing designed to allow them to pass themselves off as a genuine supporters' group.

Don't get me wrong, there's obviously some people (Tom for example) who have genuine intentions to work towards building something, but the majority of the people involved are only interested in one thing and the "leadership" appear to be mainly motivated by ego.

There's little to no considered thought gone into nearly everything they've done so far, they don't even know what they stand for, for fuck's sake, and they're organising a rally to promote, protest, highlight... ...erm, they're organising a rally for some reason - fuck knows why, they don't seem to. :dontknow:

It's only been running a couple of months, but I see you've already judged it.

nothing wholly unexpected about it all, thought he came across reasonably well if a little condescending (although given the actions of some of our fans, it's to be expected).

spot on about "the NUSC" - perhaps the fog of war will start to lift from their eyes

If the NUSC weren't getting so much press coverage with their demands for communication from the club you can be sure this interview would never have happened.

Thats rubbish I'm afraid. The club had said before Xmas they would talk after the transfer window. NUSC had sweet FA to do with the interview or the future meeting. In fact I don't even know if anyone on NUSC is part of the meeting, they might be I don't know.

The club said just after christams they'd be speaking in the new year (Ashley's programme notes for the  Liverpool game).  That never happened though so Kinnear said it would be after the transfer window.  Then he said it would be the end of the season that they'd talk to supporters groups.  Now Llambias points out they're regularly talking to supporters groups.

Nobody at the club is reading from the same page.

Anyhow, why did they feel the need to break from their policy of silence, if not due to the pressure they were under?

It's been known by the people who go to the meetings it would be February for a long time. I don't care what JK said how much of what he says is true anyway

I think you're confusing meetings with fan representatives (stewarding, prices etc.) with broader communication (Club direction, transfer policy, who's running the club etc.).

Llambias hasn't even been involved with the former has he?

I think (assume) that's all Llambias is on about when he mentions the meetings with the fans. He hasn't been involved with those yet but he is in february from what I understand. Mort was included in the last lot though.

I'll not count my chickens that he will just yet, but I was on about the latter.

Would you Adam and Eve it?  I hear Llambias has only gone and cancelled his promised appearance at the February get together.

*SHOCK*

*HORROR*

Long live open dialogue and communication. mackems.gif

What a fucking joke. No surprise to see this post has been ignored though.

I'll just keep bumping it to quieten the gullible.  :smug:

nothing wholly unexpected about it all, thought he came across reasonably well if a little condescending (although given the actions of some of our fans, it's to be expected).

spot on about "the NUSC" - perhaps the fog of war will start to lift from their eyes

If the NUSC weren't getting so much press coverage with their demands for communication from the club you can be sure this interview would never have happened.

Thats rubbish I'm afraid. The club had said before Xmas they would talk after the transfer window. NUSC had sweet FA to do with the interview or the future meeting. In fact I don't even know if anyone on NUSC is part of the meeting, they might be I don't know.

The club said just after christams they'd be speaking in the new year (Ashley's programme notes for the  Liverpool game).  That never happened though so Kinnear said it would be after the transfer window.  Then he said it would be the end of the season that they'd talk to supporters groups.  Now Llambias points out they're regularly talking to supporters groups.

Anyhow, why did they feel the need to break from their policy of silence, if not due to the pressure they were under?

It's been known by the people who go to the meetings it would be February for a long time. I don't care what JK said how much of what he says is true anyway

I think you're confusing meetings with fan representatives (stewarding, prices etc.) with broader communication (Club direction, transfer policy, who's running the club etc.).

I think (assume) that's all Llambias is on about when he mentions the meetings with the fans. He hasn't been involved with those yet but he is in february from what I understand. Mort was included in the last lot though.

I'll not count my chickens that he will just yet, but I was on about the latter.

Would you Adam and Eve it?  I hear Llambias has only gone and cancelled his promised appearance at the February get together.

*SHOCK*

*HORROR*

What a f***ing joke. No surprise to see this post has been ignored though.

Didn't see it, but maybe he's busy and might reschedule ?

*SHOCK*

*HORROR*

What a f***ing joke. No surprise to see this post has been ignored though.

Didn't see it, but maybe he's busy and might reschedule ?

I suppose he does have to head hunt his fourth manager of the season.

He's more prolific than Shepherd.  :laugh2: