NUSC - Good or Bad?

indi
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

They tried to get Joan Baez but the finances wouldn't stretch to it.

have you decided if you agree with protests or not ?

Surely that would depend on what the protest is about?

its about unhappiness with how the club is run. As ozzie was fully behind a protest about the last board, as I have linked, why does he ridicule the idea when someone else is the target ?

Basically toonlass, he just likes his one liners, which aren't funny in the slightest, and doesn't like the same back. Unless he is happy with how Ashley is running the club, but he hasn't told us this either as he's not one for opinions Ozzie, just hindsight later.

Edit. In fact, he DID support Souness and his sales and buys, right to the end, but denies it now. Likewise he fully supported the appointment of Allardyce, but now ridicules the appointment when he agreed with it  bluelaugh.gif

Guest toonlass

its about unhappiness with how the club is run. As ozzie was fully behind a protest about the last board, as I have linked, why does he ridicule the idea when someone else is the target ?

Basically toonlass, he just likes his one liners, which aren't funny in the slightest, and doesn't like the same back. Unless he is happy with how Ashley is running the club, but he hasn't told us this either as he's not one for opinions Ozzie, just hindsight later.

Bit behind the times NE5. Anyway, are you going to the "rally" on sunday?

Probably not. It depends what time I get into town, and I'm also planning on getting the train so I can have a few pints before the match as I won't have time later.

Basically, I'm agreeing with the idea and the motives of the NUSC, but I can't get to the meetings through living away.

That would negatively impact his pre-match drinking experience, though he might have a "shake the drops off for Freddie" moment.

That would negatively impact his pre-match drinking experience, though he might have a "shake the drops off for Freddie" moment.

tsch, no reply as usual. Careful you don't whinge on when someone gives you the one liners back.

What exactly do you think of the merits of appointing a manager who won 4 titles with 2 different clubs and 3 manager of the year awards ? Would that make it 4 out of 6 appointments that you agreed with ?

Never mind, IF you go to the game, you can always have a pint for Graeme for selling the "cancer".

http://www.newcastle-united-supporters-club.co.uk/events.php

Latest information released by NUSC:

The Rally arranged by NUSC on Sunday is planned to raise NUSC's desire for Newcastle United Supporters to unite together in support of Newcastle United and where it stands in our hearts. NUSC believes that this is a critical point in our season and that unity is strength when it comes to shaping the future direction of the Club both on and off the field.

The timetable is as follows

+2pm - entertainment by the Newcastle Drum Band

2.30pm speaking opportunity

2.50pm - musical interlude

3.00pm - second speaking opportunity

3.10pm - live music from "Oh Lads"

3.20pm third speaking opportunity

3.30pm musical finale and orderly disperse to St James' Park for what hopefully will be 3 well earned points come 6pm.

(these times are flexible and may be liable to change)

the "staging" area will be at the south side of the monument facing down towards Grey St.

The whole emphasis will be on generating a fun, carnival atmosphere. We hope to have flags and banners on display and we welcome supporters to bring along and display their own flags. There will be an opportunity for those who wish to, to take up membership of NUSC.

Some members have requested that NUSC petition the executives of Newcastle United therefore members will be seeking support for the petition during the course of the rally.

There will be stewards on hand, wearing hi visibility jackets who will be there to assist anyone who requires help and a low key but nonetheless obvious police presence will be in the vicinity; as there would be on any normal match day.

NUSC politely request that those attending the rally pay respect to those who wish to go about their normal sunday shopping experience and allow them to do so with the minimum of distraction. We would also like to emphasise that this is not a protest and no march is planned or sanctioned nor permission requested by NUSC.

They have got to be taking the piss.

Can't believe I'm saying this but, after reading that pukey drivvel  I think I preferred it when they just hurled insults and sang "sack the board"

Are we going to have a "join hands for Keegan" moment ?

That would certainly enhance the protest experience.

Damned if they do....

The Rally arranged by NUSC on Sunday is planned to raise NUSC's desire for Newcastle United Supporters to unite together in support of Newcastle United and where it stands in our hearts. NUSC believes that this is a critical point in our season and that unity is strength when it comes to shaping the future direction of the Club both on and off the field.

3.30pm musical finale and orderly disperse to St James' Park for what hopefully will be 3 well earned points come 6pm.

the "staging" area will be at the south side of the monument facing down towards Grey St.

The whole emphasis will be on generating a fun, carnival atmosphere. We hope to have flags and banners on display and we welcome supporters to bring along and display their own flags. There will be an opportunity for those who wish to, to take up membership of NUSC.

Some members have requested that NUSC petition the executives of Newcastle United therefore members will be seeking support for the petition during the course of the rally.

There will be stewards on hand, wearing hi visibility jackets who will be there to assist anyone who requires help and a low key but nonetheless obvious police presence will be in the vicinity; as there would be on any normal match day.

NUSC politely request that those attending the rally pay respect to those who wish to go about their normal sunday shopping experience and allow them to do so with the minimum of distraction. We would also like to emphasise that this is not a protest and no march is planned or sanctioned nor permission requested by NUSC.

Can't believe I'm saying this but, after reading that pukey drivvel  I think I preferred it when they just hurled insults and sang "sack the board"

Damned if they do....

How will you contribute to raising the desire to speak in a unified voice?

Damned if they do....

By coming on here and arguing with the naysaying divvies.

Damned if they do....

I'm afraid you've drifted a bit "off message" here. Please internalise the core message "unity is strength" and adjust your hemline accordingly.

Damned if they do....

I'm afraid you've drifted a bit "off message" here. Please internalise the core message "unity is strength" and adjust your hemline accordingly.

So there's nothing whatsoever they can do that you'll approve of?

Damned if they do....

A strange conclusion that evidences an inability to think out of the box.

Damned if they do....

So NUSC have finally released their aims and objectives then?

;)

Guest Brummiemag

An independent supporters club like NUSC is definitely a good thing in my opinion.

Credit to Tom and all the others who have put a lot of hard work into setting this up. Im sure there will be setbacks and mistakes made along the way, (which no doubt will be quickly picked up by some people on his forum) but in the longer term this will be a useful vehicle for raising issues and voicing concerns from ordinary fans.

4 more small but significant examples of the contempt with which Mike Ashley treats the fans, which I will be raising with NUSC

- changing the phone number to a premium rate number

- no indication given any more of how long the wait will be on the phone

- taking up smaller allocations at away matches

- sending tickets out by 2nd class post which has meant I have had to go to the box office at  Arsenal, West Ham and Hull this season to collect the tickets

All these penny pinching changes, which may seem trivial to some, mean more revenue for Ashley and more expense and inconvenience for the ordinary supporters and its indicative of his attitude towards the supporters.

Its quite clear to me that he's reducing the debt ready to sell. One minute he's trying to sell and couldnt sell for the price he wanted and the next minute he's talking about a 5 year plan, its laughable.  He intends to recoup every penny he's invested or as much as he possibly can. He doesnt want to be here, he will be off at the first opportunity. Lets hope we're not in Championship by then.   

An independent supporters club like NUSC is definitely a good thing in my opinion.

Credit to Tom and all the others who have put a lot of hard work into setting this up. Im sure there will be setbacks and mistakes made along the way, (which no doubt will be quickly picked up by some people on his forum) but in the longer term this will be a useful vehicle for raising issues and voicing concerns from ordinary fans.

4 more small but significant examples of the contempt with which Mike Ashley treats the fans, which I will be raising with NUSC

- sending tickets out by 2nd class post which has meant I have had to go to the box office at  Arsenal, West Ham and Hull this season to collect the tickets

All these penny pinching changes, which may seem trivial to some, mean more revenue for Ashley and more expense and inconvenience for the ordinary supporters and its indicative of his attitude towards the supporters.

Its quite clear to me that he's reducing the debt ready to sell. One minute he's trying to sell and couldnt sell for the price he wanted and the next minute he's talking about a 5 year plan, its laughable.  He intends to recoup every penny he's invested or as much as he possibly can. He doesnt want to be here, he will be off at the first opportunity. Lets hope we're not in Championship by then.   

The number isn't premium rate like & we've often taken less than the full allocation of tickets in the past.

Guest fading star

:clap:

Damned if they do....

Why not do what the Magpie Group did to oust McKeag? Find an investor who will challenge Ashley like the Magpie Group championed John Hall? That way the NUSC would not just be carping hopelessly but actually providing an alternative solkution.

Damned if they do....

Why not do what the Magpie Group did to oust McKeag? Find an investor who will challenge Ashley like the Magpie Group championed John Hall? That way the NUSC would not just be carping hopelessly but actually providing an alternative solkution.

Different economic climate and different monetary values involved tbh - even allowing for inflation.

It's more support than protest if you ask me.

it was always going to be, just people on here who had the fixation with a protest despite over 2 weeks when it was announced and stressed that it wouldn't be a protest but we still get 2 or 3 threads 18-20 pages long talking about a protest that was never going to happen!!

It's more support than protest if you ask me.

it was always going to be, just people on here who had the fixation with a protest despite over 2 weeks when it was announced and stressed that it wouldn't be a protest but we still get 2 or 3 threads 18-20 pages long talking about a protest that was never going to happen!!

Did you listen to the meeting? They spoke about it there.