Hughton and Calderwood 'will continue to take charge of first team'

jimmymag

<b>bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision</b> after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision.

W T F ?!  :rant:

We've done these so far.

Some of you lot really are f***ing hilarious :lol:

What the f*** are you upset about? Us missing out on the CL next season? Get it through your thick brains! Our club is in turmoil, and has been for the last 3 or 4 years. The public/world/football opinion of NUFC in that time has been of a piece of s*** mickey mouse club. We have a massive storm to weather, whether we like it or not. Chris Hughton, Ray Houghton, or not.

Grow the f*** up some of you ffs!!

Erm, no offence, but you come across as a bit of a prick there. If this report is true then people have a right to be upset. The man isnt a manager and we will be going into our most important run in since 1996 without a manager in charge of the team. Even Terry Venables would be a far better choice until the end of the season. Appointing a coach, and nothing more than a coach as manager when we are in such a position as we are would be a massive massive mistake.

I'm with you 100%. But I won't be lynching any cockneys until this is confirmed by the club.

Fair enough. Its nothing to do with cockneys or nationality with me, I just want someone whos a manager, whos fairly respectable, and who can keep us up in charge.

I would love if we were able to get someone longterm in now, someone decent, but I cant see it. I look forward to the chairmans explanation on offering Joe a long term contract in the press tomorrow. I can't wait to hear what he says.

I can't wait either. And trust me....I don't want Kinnear anywhere near managing the first team. But this unfortunately is the reality. Again, all i'm saying, and this goes to Oldtype as well.....is wait for official word before you panic!!

I'd love it if they leaked nonsense just to see how fans would react.

What the f*** are you upset about? Us missing out on the CL next season? Get it through your thick brains! Our club is in turmoil, and has been for the last 3 or 4 years. The public/world/football opinion of NUFC in that time has been of a piece of s*** mickey mouse club. We have a massive storm to weather, whether we like it or not. Chris Hughton, Ray Houghton, or not.

I'm upset about the fact that the club just blew off a golden opportunity to amicably cut ties with Joe Kinnear and appoint a manager that's actually qualified for the job that can save us from relegation in the short term and offer some mid-table stability for a few years. Who the f*** was talking about CL qualification?

Instead, they've chosen to take a massive gamble on our Premiership status by leaving us effectively managerless until the end of the season, all because they're desperate to offer a long term contract to a manager who's not only f***ing s***, completely insane, and utterly out of his depth, but who also shouldn't be doing the job for his own health's sake.

What about that decision makes sense to you? I'd really like to know.

Nothing about the decision makes any sense to me! I never said that. All I said was, what or who the hell were people expecting us to bloody employ? Guus Hiddink? Phil Scolari? Do you really believe that Ashley thinks Kinnear is a better manager than those two? Do you really believe Ashley continues to employ Kinnear because he thinks he's the dog's bollocks of football management?

Besides. I'll think about maybe busting a nut when the club confirm via the official website that Hughton is in charge for the rest of the season, with NO new manager coming in, and that Kinnear has in fact signed "the contract" and will be staying on for 2 more seasons.

I wasn't expect Scolari or Hiddink. What I was expecting was having a manager at all.

There are plenty of managers out there currently with a Championship club or unemployed that we could bring in to keep us up and give us stability for a couple of years. The fact that they didn't even try was worse than criminal.

You know that Kinnear will sign the contract on his hospital bed and will be here for the foreseeable future. That's the only logical explanation.

Ok mate. Give me a link to where it states for a fact that "they didn't even try". Thanks.

Erm, no offence, but you come across as a bit of a prick there. If this report is true then people have a right to be upset. The man isnt a manager and we will be going into our most important run in since 1996 without a manager in charge of the team. Even Terry Venables would be a far better choice until the end of the season. Appointing a coach, and nothing more than a coach as manager when we are in such a position as we are would be a massive massive mistake.

I'm with you 100%. But I won't be lynching any cockneys until this is confirmed by the club.

Fair enough. Its nothing to do with cockneys or nationality with me, I just want someone whos a manager, whos fairly respectable, and who can keep us up in charge.

I would love if we were able to get someone longterm in now, someone decent, but I cant see it. I look forward to the chairmans explanation on offering Joe a long term contract in the press tomorrow. I can't wait to hear what he says.

I can't wait either. And trust me....I don't want Kinnear anywhere near managing the first team. But this unfortunately is the reality. Again, all i'm saying, and this goes to Oldtype as well.....is wait for official word before you panic!!

I'd love it if they leaked nonsense just to see how fans would react.

You know Mike, with the way this club has been run, and how it's been as much about PR as anything else, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised.

I'm upset about the fact that the club just blew off a golden opportunity to amicably cut ties with Joe Kinnear and appoint a manager that's actually qualified for the job that can save us from relegation in the short term and offer some mid-table stability for a few years. Who the f*** was talking about CL qualification?

Instead, they've chosen to take a massive gamble on our Premiership status by leaving us effectively managerless until the end of the season, all because they're desperate to offer a long term contract to a manager who's not only f***ing s***, completely insane, and utterly out of his depth, but who also shouldn't be doing the job for his own health's sake.

What about that decision makes sense to you? I'd really like to know.

Nothing about the decision makes any sense to me! I never said that. All I said was, what or who the hell were people expecting us to bloody employ? Guus Hiddink? Phil Scolari? Do you really believe that Ashley thinks Kinnear is a better manager than those two? Do you really believe Ashley continues to employ Kinnear because he thinks he's the dog's bollocks of football management?

Besides. I'll think about maybe busting a nut when the club confirm via the official website that Hughton is in charge for the rest of the season, with NO new manager coming in, and that Kinnear has in fact signed "the contract" and will be staying on for 2 more seasons.

I wasn't expect Scolari or Hiddink. What I was expecting was having a manager at all.

There are plenty of managers out there currently with a Championship club or unemployed that we could bring in to keep us up and give us stability for a couple of years. The fact that they didn't even try was worse than criminal.

You know that Kinnear will sign the contract on his hospital bed and will be here for the foreseeable future. That's the only logical explanation.

Ok mate. Give me a link to where it states for a fact that "they didn't even try". Thanks.

I'm sure they approached plenty of managers in the 24 hours since they realized Kinnear had to have surgery before reaching their decision to do nothing.

<b>bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision</b> after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after bad decision.

We've done these so far.

Question is how Willow got hold of Mike Ashley's business plan.

I don't think there will be any drop off at all. I don't know why people are so quick to dismiss Hughton because of three matches during the most chaotic times in this club's recent history. I mean goodness, he wasn't just thrown into the deep end, he was thrown into the Marianas Trench. However, this time around, the club are significantly more stable (not saying much, but still). I don't think this really changes much.

We've done these so far.

Question is how Willow got hold of Mike Ashley's business plan.

I think it's just a linear projection of the five year plan based on what's happened so far.

I don't think there will be any drop off at all. I don't know why people are so quick to dismiss Hughton because of three matches during the most chaotic times in this club's recent history. I mean goodness, he wasn't just thrown into the deep end, he was thrown into the Marianas Trench. However, this time around, the club are significantly more stable (not saying much, but still). I don't think this really changes much.

there was less pressure earlier in the season, now we're in the middle of a relegation battle where a couple of wrong decisions could condemn us.

there was less pressure earlier in the season, now we're in the middle of a relegation battle where a couple of wrong decisions could condemn us.

er...the first time round, Keegan had quit, Ashley was selling, and the fans were protesting. Meanwhile, the players were shell shocked.

Hughton's other games as a manager were right after Kevin Keegan had left and the players and fans were deeply upset. He might do better now.

One thing to hope for. In addition he now has Calderwood, and I doubt JFK could withdraw fully from NUFC, he'll watch the highlights and pass on any advice on if needed.

Makes the game against Everton even more essential, because i'd deem the three games against the top four unwinnable with Hughton in charge. I probably would have said the same with Kinnear, but i just don't have any faith in Hughton at all. He might do better with Calderwood by his side, like.

Kinda hope they go back in for Shearer at this stage, well, offer him a place like Kinnear did earlier on. The buzz about such a move might just push us through what's going to be a serious squeak-bum period. :undecided:

Hughton's other games as a manager were right after Kevin Keegan had left and the players and fans were deeply upset. He might do better now.

One thing to hope for. In addition he now has Calderwood, and I doubt JFK could withdraw fully from NUFC, he'll watch the highlights and pass on any advice on if needed.

How bad are things when we're pinning our hopes on advice from JFK? :lol:

I think there does need to be a third man in some capacity. Whether that be a permanent manager, another interim manager, a third coach (Tommy Craig? Gary Speed?) or a strong willed player being given a position of authority (Barton or Nolan).

Cheap though.

might make you and others realise Kinnear was doing a decent job keeping their heads up.

Too late now though.

After the way this team performed during Hughton's last stint, its final proof that Ashley is an absolute joke and hasn't got a clue.

yep.

The appeal of taking over at NUFC right now, will be different to the appeal of the club in the summer. Even assuming that we stay up.

The situation of the club right now, is that there is some baggage that comes with the job. In the summer that baggage is much less as it's a "looking forward" time of the year.

So as the appeal of the club changes, so does the quality of the individual that the job appeals to.  Anyone taking the job now would have a different set of reasons to someone who takes the job in the summer.  Consider the likely pool of candiates now, and then see how that might change during the summer.  Look at Rijkard who turned down Chelsea now, but would have considered them in the summer.

If waiting till the summer give us a choice of better candidates then I'm OK at not rushing into another mistake.

I guess this proves we haven't been actively looking for a Kinnear replacement. Eurgh. If this is true then it shows we haven't even approached anybody, nor do we plan to, not even someone attainable like Martinez. What the hell is the plan, like?

If they were gonna get rid of Kinnear then they'd do it now and get his replacement.

Worrying.

:smiley6600: JFK: Allo *cough* .....is this Chris?

:smiley6600: Chris: Hiya Joe, happy about me running the team?

:smiley6600: JFK: You're a cunt.

:kinnear:

I guess this proves we haven't been actively looking for a Kinnear replacement. Eurgh. If this is true then it shows we haven't even approached anybody, nor do we plan to, not even someone attainable like Martinez. What the hell is the plan, like?

If they were gonna get rid of Kinnear then they'd do it now and get his replacement.

Worrying.

Unless the manager the club were pining their hopes to told us to wait until the end of the season.

er...the first time round, Keegan had quit, Ashley was selling, and the fans were protesting. Meanwhile, the players were shell shocked.

while those things have gone, other things have came along to replace them - manager having a life saving op and the threat of relegation, players having left, more injuries. on the playing side, there's now more pressure than there was back then.

I agree with babatunde here... this is a completely different situation to when Keegan left and fingers crossed the players will be a lot more beind Hughton this time. I think having Calderwood there will make a huge difference as well as I think he's actually not done that bad at Northampton or Forest.... and could actually do alright here. I wonder if he'll take a more centre stage... we'll see.

However having said that I would have loved us to go for Shearer now as it would have given us a massive boost and hope that Kinnear wouldn't be here next season. I'm sure if we lose to Everton and Bolton they will go for someone else anyway.

We just need to get behind the team now and hope we can stay up.

Worrying.

Unless the manager the club were pining their hopes to told us to wait until the end of the season.

great straws your clutching there