BOYCOTT the protest rally !!

Benwell Lad

Parky, do you not think NUSC shot themselves in the foot with their aggressive attitude towards Ashley, and that was re-iterated when the "Media Spokesman" went on SSN and make a jackass of himself, again being highly critical of Ashley? Why the heck would anyone in a senior position at NUFC want to talk to NUSC when all they have heard is "We want Ashley out!" whenever they are in the media?

Emotions were running high.

In retrospect some mistakes were made and NUSC are aware of that.

Yes but the media fella spoke just over a month ago, on the morning of the Liverpool game. Why was his emotions running high that morning? It was nearly 4 months after the sacking of Keegan, we all knew where we stood. We all knew the club was not likely to be sold in the near future, and yet he went on SSN and publicly slagged of Ashley. If he is a media spokesman then he is a crap one, as he burned yet another bridge for NUSC. Until they stop their public Ashley rants (and there were plenty at the meeting, and Ashley and co could listen to them online as easily as us) then why should Ashley speak to them. They don't represent all the fans views with this point, and they fail to realise that fans are not going to pay £10 to tell them that just to be ignored by the board.

NUSC doesn't have the finances to be represented by Saatchi and Saatchi.

Which would be a waste of money anyway as they're an ad agency, not a PR company.

Scanning the thread it seems apparent that people are purposely misconstruing saturdays "RALLY" as a "PROTEST" in order to use it as a stick to bash the NUSC with.

here's the definition of a rally....

http://www.answers.com/rally

To rouse or revive from inactivity or decline

To show sudden improvement in health or spirits.

A gathering, especially one intended to inspire enthusiasm for a cause

An abrupt recovery from a setback or disadvantage

A sharp improvement in health, vigor, or spirits

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere that it's an "Ashley out" protest.  All I've seen are T-shirt ideas for with the sentiment that "NUSC love NUFC".  I've always seen it as a positive membership building move by the organisation and nothing to do with a specific point to be scored against anyone at the club.

Also, for anyone that thinks the NUSC have made us look a joke (Toontastic springs out) can you show me one piece of negative reporting about the NUSC?  For each one you find I can come back with Ashley downing a pint in the stands, getting pissed up in the Dubai or the US, claiming Kinnear is better than Capello etc.

Who's really making us look silly?

Why can't Ashley get pissed?  He was obviously taking the piss when he said Kinnear was better than Capello.

Ashley can get pissed.  Just not in the stands.

I'm certain his intentions are always the best.  I don't see Ashley as an evil mackem sent to destroy us.  He's just incompetent, and has got more people around the country laughing at us than anything the NUSC have done.

Why can't the NUSC have a rally to promote membership?

They can if thats what its for, I highly doubt it is however.

have they actually mentioned what the rally is for? i visited their website but i couldnt see any sign of it

Parky, do you not think NUSC shot themselves in the foot with their aggressive attitude towards Ashley, and that was re-iterated when the "Media Spokesman" went on SSN and make a jackass of himself, again being highly critical of Ashley? Why the heck would anyone in a senior position at NUFC want to talk to NUSC when all they have heard is "We want Ashley out!" whenever they are in the media?

Emotions were running high.

In retrospect some mistakes were made and NUSC are aware of that.

Yes but the media fella spoke just over a month ago, on the morning of the Liverpool game. Why was his emotions running high that morning? It was nearly 4 months after the sacking of Keegan, we all knew where we stood. We all knew the club was not likely to be sold in the near future, and yet he went on SSN and publicly slagged of Ashley. If he is a media spokesman then he is a crap one, as he burned yet another bridge for NUSC. Until they stop their public Ashley rants (and there were plenty at the meeting, and Ashley and co could listen to them online as easily as us) then why should Ashley speak to them. They don't represent all the fans views with this point, and they fail to realise that fans are not going to pay £10 to tell them that just to be ignored by the board.

NUSC doesn't have the finances to be represented by Saatchi and Saatchi.

Actually they do tbh,  I used to deal with them (S&S),  you could get a small marketing campaign for under 20k.  Didn't they raise 50 grand or something to buy the club, job sorted.

Scanning the thread it seems apparent that people are purposely misconstruing saturdays "RALLY" as a "PROTEST" in order to use it as a stick to bash the NUSC with.

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere that it's an "Ashley out" protest.  All I've seen are T-shirt ideas with the sentiment that "NUSC love NUFC".  I've always seen it as a positive membership building move by the organisation and nothing to do with a specific point to be scored against anyone at the club.

Also, for anyone that thinks the NUSC have made us look a joke (Toontastic springs out) can you show me one piece of negative reporting about the NUSC?  For each one you find I can come back with Ashley downing a pint in the stands, getting pissed up in the Dubai or the US, claiming Kinnear is better than Capello etc.

So Ashley looking silly means that the NUSC can't look silly? :lol:

I never said that. I said the NUSC have not had any negative press whatsoever that I know of.  Several glowing reports of their passion and what Ashley could learn from it have appeared however.

The protest is because people are deeply unhappy about the way their beloved club is being ran and unlike the fucking saps, they are actually trying to do something about it because they're clever enough to realise that we are the clubs greatest asset.

Now if everyone was a Superfan and "just turned up no matter who owns it, who plays for us" they could asset strip and take the piss for as long as it takes to find a buyer, that is beyond fucking stupid, but its the type of thing they're having to deal with by utter muppets with myopia.

Asset strip? ???  Do you know what asset stripping it?  These people you're referring to are so clever they don't even realise this club is in financial meltdown.  They seem to think every penny they put into the club should be free to spend on players.  "Where's the season ticket money gone".. its been used to pay Damien fucking Duff you cretin!

So what's the difference between us and the other 80% of the PL in debt?

Having a debt isn't a problem as long as you can afford the interest ect.  The problem is a debt that's spiralling out of control year after year.  £35 million down a hole last year alone for fuck sake!!  80% of PL clubs are not bleeding anywhere near that kind of money.  The majority of them would be bankrupt in no time if they did.

I suggest you take a look at the accounts of other clubs. I have.

Which clubs?  The other clubs in the league that have been run into the ground?

You can easily google PL clubs and their debt.

Everton for instance.

Wages higher than income.

Surprised?

I'd be extremely surprised, especially since its not true.

Really?

I don't know the nuts and bolts of it but Everton have always had a pretty strict wage structure, Moyes has had to spend pretty carefully, that much is common knowledge. It might be that Europe has given them some leeway, in which case I don't see how they can be held up as a yardstick for us.

So basically you don't actually know. I'm surprised.

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere that it's an "Ashley out" protest.  All I've seen are T-shirt ideas with the sentiment that "NUSC love NUFC".  I've always seen it as a positive membership building move by the organisation and nothing to do with a specific point to be scored against anyone at the club.

I never said that. I said the NUSC have not had any negative press whatsoever that I know of.  Several glowing reports of their passion and what Ashley could learn from it have appeared however.

Telegraph and Times ran particularly sympathetic and constructive pieces.

At the end of the day whoever makes us look silly is neither here nor there. Only Ashley can pay the bills or invest in the squad. NUSC can't do it and they can't provide anyone else who will either. They can't provide change, that is why the best they can hope to achieve is voluble protests which is what they are doing.

No they aren't.  They're promoting membership.

I'll repeat...

"I've approached the NUSC on a couple of issues and they've always been very useful in pushing forward my complaints.

Those were grafitti, heavy handed stewarding and delayed refunds."

People need to disaccossiate the NUSC from Ashley bashing

i think it's NUSC who need to disassociate from Ashley bashing.

Perhaps they do need to emphasise more of the other stuff they've been set up for.

I think an unenthusiastic view of the ownership is warranted though, and shared by the majority of the fan base.

I've not seen them advocate protests or boycoutts once though.  So they're hardly to plame for the painted bedsheet brigade.

Think Simon 'you're a cunt' Bird did too.

Mirror?

Mirror?

Aye.

What an absolute fucking joke of a thread :lol: Benwell Lad, go and take your face for a shite as you come across as an ill informed bitter tart. The march is taking place away from the ground for the exact reason that it doesn't have a negative impact on the players. I also think that you'll find far from making NUFC more of a joke NUSC has garnered huge amounts of positive press since it's inception. No matter what you think of their statements they're far preferable to some tracksuited mong calling for "Sheeeraaaaa!" to buy the club and install himself as manager.

At the end of the last meeting they were pratically begging people to join the committee and get involved at the very top, so the old "All they want is Ashley out and don't care about the opinions of other fans!" line doesn't wash. If you join then you've got ample platform to make your voice heard. I also distinctly remember people at the interview airing pro-Ashley views and they were heard out. Unsurprisingly though the vats majority of the people there were anti-Ashley and while i'm sure NUSC would like to represent everyone inclusively they have to find a middle ground based on the opinions of their members. Currently that is one of dislike and mistrust for the current regime. Christ, even posters on Skunkers which was initially staunchly NUSC have decided to part with their cash and give it a chance.

Whatever your personal opinion of Ashley this club was crying out for some form of respectable supporters organisation and we've got one. It's all fine and well sitting behind your keyboard acting all cynical about what NUSC are doing but a lot of people involved in it have given up their time and money to get the thing off the ground. Whether you agree with their motives or not give them a fucking round of applause for their effort.

At the end of the day whoever makes us look silly is neither here nor there. Only Ashley can pay the bills or invest in the squad. NUSC can't do it and they can't provide anyone else who will either. They can't provide change, that is why the best they can hope to achieve is voluble protests which is what they are doing.

I'll repeat...

"I've approached the NUSC on a couple of issues and they've always been very useful in pushing forward my complaints.

Perhaps they do need to emphasise more of the other stuff they've been set up for.

I think an unenthusiastic view of the ownership is warranted though, and shared by the majority of the fan base.

I've not seen them advocate protests or boycoutts once though.  So they're hardly to plame for the painted bedsheet brigade.

You what? One of the few things they actually decided on in one members meeting since the group was formed was the continuation of boycotting merchandise and drink/food outlets on matchday. A bloody rediculous thing to do imho.

The protest is because people are deeply unhappy about the way their beloved club is being ran and unlike the fucking saps, they are actually trying to do something about it because they're clever enough to realise that we are the clubs greatest asset.

Now if everyone was a Superfan and "just turned up no matter who owns it, who plays for us" they could asset strip and take the piss for as long as it takes to find a buyer, that is beyond fucking stupid, but its the type of thing they're having to deal with by utter muppets with myopia.

Asset strip? ???  Do you know what asset stripping it?  These people you're referring to are so clever they don't even realise this club is in financial meltdown.  They seem to think every penny they put into the club should be free to spend on players.  "Where's the season ticket money gone".. its been used to pay Damien fucking Duff you cretin!

Having a debt isn't a problem as long as you can afford the interest ect.  The problem is a debt that's spiralling out of control year after year.  £35 million down a hole last year alone for fuck sake!!  80% of PL clubs are not bleeding anywhere near that kind of money.  The majority of them would be bankrupt in no time if they did.

Everton for instance.

Surprised?

Really?

Yes really, their 2008 accounts show that £44 million was spent on wages, while the total income was £75 million.

I'll repeat...

You what? One of the few things they actually decided on in their meeting was the continuation of boycotting merchandise and drink/food outlets on matchday. A bloody rediculous thing to do imho.

Exatly I said this the other day but, if every supporter did this we'd be financially in the shit.  I only spend about a tenner maybe in the ground on matchdays and if everyone did that you'd be losing 500k per game.

Everton for instance.

Surprised?

Really?

Yes really, there 2008 accounts show that £44 million was spent on wages, while the total income was £75 million.

Man Utd £453m debt

Chelsea £620m debt

Arsenal £268m debt

Liv £105m debt5.

Everton: Failed to raise enough revenue to cancel out their wage bill during 2006/07, and in fact were left with a deficit of £8.1 million, despite finishing sixth in the league and being well below the Premiership wage average. The club was also below the league average for stadium utilisation last season.

Villa.

However, their wage expenditure exceeded the income generated from revenue, leaving them £1.2 million in deficit. The club also recorded £63 million of debt in the summer of 2007.

Blackburn 85% wages to turnover.

8. Portsmouth: Portsmouth utilised 97.9 per cent of their 19,905 capacity stadium in the last season, although they are critically close to Deloitte's "danger level" by spending large amounts on their wage bill, without being able to support it with revenues.

9. Man City: City have the third highest net assets in the Premier League - £57 million at the end of the 2006/07 season, although they are £103 million in debt. However, they are in a comfortable position regarding their wage to revenue ratio.

10. West Ham: West Ham have £142 million of debt and, along with Newcastle, were the most notable under achiever with regards to wages in 2006/07. Their league position was 15, while they were they were outspent on wages by only five other clubs. This supports the view that the correlation between wages and on-pitch performance is weaker outside those clubs in the top four, and the relegation zone.

If you've got the 2008 accounts I'd be interested to see them.

What an absolute f***ing joke of a thread :lol: Benwell Lad, go and take your face for a s**** as you come across as an ill informed bitter tart. The march is taking place away from the ground for the exact reason that it doesn't have a negative impact on the players. I also think that you'll find far from making NUFC more of a joke NUSC has garnered huge amounts of positive press since it's inception. No matter what you think of their statements they're far preferable to some tracksuited mong calling for "Sheeeraaaaa!" to buy the club and install himself as manager.

At the end of the last meeting they were pratically begging people to join the committee and get involved at the very top, so the old "All they want is Ashley out and don't care about the opinions of other fans!" line doesn't wash. If you join then you've got ample platform to make your voice heard. I also distinctly remember people at the interview airing pro-Ashley views and they were heard out. Unsurprisingly though the vats majority of the people there were anti-Ashley and while i'm sure NUSC would like to represent everyone inclusively they have to find a middle ground based on the opinions of their members. Currently that is one of dislike and mistrust for the current regime. Christ, even posters on Skunkers which was initially staunchly NUSC have decided to part with their cash and give it a chance.

Whatever your personal opinion of Ashley this club was crying out for some form of respectable supporters organisation and we've got one. It's all fine and well sitting behind your keyboard acting all cynical about what NUSC are doing but a lot of people involved in it have given up their time and money to get the thing off the ground. Whether you agree with their motives or not give them a f***ing round of applause for their effort.

Thanks for the insults - it's seems to be NUSC's supporters normal way of dealing with anyone who doesn't agree with their agenda.  :thup:

There's a thread somewhere which indicates about 8% fully agree with your verdict of them.

Yeah I've noticed that certain newspapers seem very pro NUSC - I wonder why ?  Could it be because the same newspapers love anything which portrays negativity about Newcastle ?

Take your point about them being more credible than the "tracksuited mong" you mention. Marginally.

P.S. you missed out the word "old" in your insult.

Everton for instance.

Surprised?

Really?

Yes really, there 2008 accounts show that £44 million was spent on wages, while the total income was £75 million.

Man Utd £453m debt

Chelsea £620m debt

Arsenal £268m debt

Liv £105m debt5.

Everton: Failed to raise enough revenue to cancel out their wage bill during 2006/07, and in fact were left with a deficit of £8.1 million, despite finishing sixth in the league and being well below the Premiership wage average. The club was also below the league average for stadium utilisation last season.

Villa.

However, their wage expenditure exceeded the income generated from revenue, leaving them £1.2 million in deficit. The club also recorded £63 million of debt in the summer of 2007.

Blackburn 85% wages to turnover.

8. Portsmouth: Portsmouth utilised 97.9 per cent of their 19,905 capacity stadium in the last season, although they are critically close to Deloitte's "danger level" by spending large amounts on their wage bill, without being able to support it with revenues.

9. Man City: City have the third highest net assets in the Premier League - £57 million at the end of the 2006/07 season, although they are £103 million in debt. However, they are in a comfortable position regarding their wage to revenue ratio.

10. West Ham: West Ham have £142 million of debt and, along with Newcastle, were the most notable under achiever with regards to wages in 2006/07. Their league position was 15, while they were they were outspent on wages by only five other clubs. This supports the view that the correlation between wages and on-pitch performance is weaker outside those clubs in the top four, and the relegation zone.

If you've got the 2008 accounts I'd be interested to see them.

Everton

Loss before tax -£9m

Debts £59m

Interest payable £3m 2007 only

Ownership Everton Football Club Company Ltd

What an absolute f***ing joke of a thread :lol: Benwell Lad, go and take your face for a s**** as you come across as an ill informed bitter tart. The march is taking place away from the ground for the exact reason that it doesn't have a negative impact on the players. I also think that you'll find far from making NUFC more of a joke NUSC has garnered huge amounts of positive press since it's inception. No matter what you think of their statements they're far preferable to some tracksuited mong calling for "Sheeeraaaaa!" to buy the club and install himself as manager.

Whatever your personal opinion of Ashley this club was crying out for some form of respectable supporters organisation and we've got one. It's all fine and well sitting behind your keyboard acting all cynical about what NUSC are doing but a lot of people involved in it have given up their time and money to get the thing off the ground. Whether you agree with their motives or not give them a f***ing round of applause for their effort.

Thanks for the insults - it's seems to be NUSC's supporters normal way of dealing with anyone who doesn't agree with their agenda.  :thup:

There's a thread somewhere which indicates about 8% fully agree with your verdict of them.

Yeah I've noticed that certain newspapers seem very pro NUSC - I wonder why ?  Could it be because the same newspapers love anything which portrays negativity about Newcastle ?

Take your point about them being more credible than the "tracksuited mong" you mention. Marginally.

P.S. you missed out the word "old" in your insult.

One insult in the first line which I felt was fairly apt as that is exactly how you come across. Forget the fact i've made some fairly salient points in the rest of my post.

Threads on here aren't worth the bandwidth it takes to view them since the majority of posters on here are so unspeakably anti-NUSC with almost no firm reason to back up their antipathy.

You say that newspapers are pro-NUSC because they're anti-NUFC? Do pull the other one daft lad. From what I can gather from visiting other general football messageboards is that the opinion of NUSC amongst other fans is very positive. Only Mackems and a small minority of our lot seem to have an issue with the club.

Everton for instance.

Surprised?

Really?

Man Utd £453m debt

Chelsea £620m debt

Arsenal £268m debt

Liv £105m debt5.

No they didn't, I really don't know where you're getting your info on Everton..  income in 2006-2007 for Everton was £51.4 million, wages were £38.5 million.  They didn't raise enough to cover all costs not wages alone.  That followed a dip in income due to catering and other facilities being outsourced (in other words they lost revenue to cut operating costs).

As I said Manure ect being in debt isn't the same thing as completely out of control losses year after year.

As for the other clubs you mentioned, one of them just made a £35 million profit in the transfer market, the other a £9 million profit and the other is basically owned by a country and will spend regardless of finances at the club..  So how do they relate to your opinion that we should be investing despite our losses?  Aston Villa I've got no idea on, but who's betting they aren't making losses of £35 million a year?

I'll repeat...

You what? One of the few things they actually decided on in one members meeting since the group was formed was the continuation of boycotting merchandise and drink/food outlets on matchday. A bloody rediculous thing to do imho.

I stand corrected.

Though I don't see the endorsement of an already popular boycott as being something the NUSC should be hammered for.

Everton for instance.

Surprised?

Really?

Man Utd £453m debt

Chelsea £620m debt

Arsenal £268m debt

Liv £105m debt5.

No they didn't, I really don't know where you're getting your info on Everton..  income in 2006-2007 for Everton was £51.4 million, wages were £38.5 million.  That followed a dip in income due to catering and other facilities being outsourced (in other words they lost revenue to cut operating costs).

As I said Manure ect being in debt isn't the same thing as completely out of control losses year after year.

As for the other clubs you mentioned, one of them just made a £35 million profit in the transfer market, the other a £9 million profit and the other is basically owned by a country and will spend regardless of finances at the club..  So what's your point?  Aston Villa I've got no idea on, but who's betting they aren't making losses of £35 million a year?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/oct/22/premierleague

Everton for instance.

Surprised?

Really?

Man Utd £453m debt

Chelsea £620m debt

Arsenal £268m debt

Liv £105m debt5.

No they didn't, I really don't know where you're getting your info on Everton..  income in 2006-2007 for Everton was £51.4 million, wages were £38.5 million.  They didn't raise enough to cover all costs not wages alone.  That followed a dip in income due to catering and other facilities being outsourced (in other words they lost revenue to cut operating costs).

As for the other clubs you mentioned, one of them just made a £35 million profit in the transfer market, the other a £9 million profit and the other is basically owned by a country and will spend regardless of finances at the club..  So how do they relate to your opinion that we should be investing despite our losses?  Aston Villa I've got no idea on, but who's betting they aren't making losses of £35 million a year?

Deloittes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2301797/Deloitte-football-finance-review-Club-by-club-Premier-League-analysis.html

Villa?

6. Aston Villa: Finished the 2006/07 season with the fifth highest assets in the country (£35 million) and increased their home match attendances to 94.8 per cent of their 40,375 capacity stadium. They were also one of the top six investors in facilities in that season, injecting £9.9 million. However, their wage expenditure exceeded the income generated from revenue, leaving them £1.2 million in deficit. The club also recorded £63 million of debt in the summer of 2007.

The PL as a whole is 3 billion in debt.

It's an issue across most clubs not just ours.

But...but, but.... mackems.gif

The protest is because people are deeply unhappy about the way their beloved club is being ran and unlike the f***ing saps, they are actually trying to do something about it because they're clever enough to realise that we are the clubs greatest asset.

Now if everyone was a Superfan and "just turned up no matter who owns it, who plays for us" they could asset strip and take the piss for as long as it takes to find a buyer, that is beyond f***ing stupid, but its the type of thing they're having to deal with by utter muppets with myopia.

Asset strip? ???  Do you know what asset stripping it?  These people you're referring to are so clever they don't even realise this club is in financial meltdown.  They seem to think every penny they put into the club should be free to spend on players.  "Where's the season ticket money gone".. its been used to pay Damien f***ing Duff you cretin!

Having a debt isn't a problem as long as you can afford the interest ect.  The problem is a debt that's spiralling out of control year after year.  £35 million down a hole last year alone for f*** sake!!  80% of PL clubs are not bleeding anywhere near that kind of money.  The majority of them would be bankrupt in no time if they did.

I suggest you take a closer look at the accounts. I have. 2 can play this game

Everton for instance.

Surprised?

Really?

Man Utd £453m debt

Chelsea £620m debt

Arsenal £268m debt

Liv £105m debt5.

Shall we have a look at Villa's spending on players as a ratio against debt?

Thought not.