BOYCOTT the protest rally !!

Benwell Lad

Yeah I asked about Villa after he brought them up, and?

He replied to you.

Yes and I replied to him before that when he originally brought Villa into the discussion, so what?  How difficult is it to understand that I would like him to admit he's wrong on one issue before bringing up another?

:dontknow:

I just read a couple of posts where you mentioned Villa, then had a go at Parky for discussing them. I didn't follow the conversation from the beginning tbh, sorry.

Villa needed discussing as per recent statements tbf to me.

Can you at least except you're mistakes on previous arguments

???

We've paid off all our debt, but we've still got loads of debt with more to come.

Our wage bill is too high, but Ashley has increased the wage bill.

We need investment, but Ashley turns down offers of investment from local businessmen.

It's cheaper to pay a DOF to bring in players than let the manager do it, but the DOF is paid 150% more than the manager.

For all the tales of woe, they don't actually seem to be that worried about it or doing much to sort it.

Is that true? Don't think I've seen it before.

According to Mike Ashley it is...

“So when you are Mike Ashley at Newcastle United then of course you think partners would make sense. And, if I can, I’d like to start with people in the North East because there are some great people who come to our matches who sit in the corporate areas, and wouldn’t it be great to have local backing for what we are doing?

“Some of them would talk to me last season and say, ‘Mike, is there an opportunity for us to come into the club again because we were shareholders in the plc previously?’.

“I’d tell them we’d look at it at the end of the season as there was no rush"

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-evening-chronicle/2008/08/08/mike-ashley-exclusive-chronicle-interview-72703-21492315/

But he's been known to talk bollocks....which is exactly ther point.

He replied to you.

Yes and I replied to him before that when he originally brought Villa into the discussion, so what?  How difficult is it to understand that I would like him to admit he's wrong on one issue before bringing up another?

Are Everton carrying 85m debt or not?

Is that the point or not?, no its not.  Show me one comment where I claimed any Premiership team wasn't in debt.  My very first comment was that debts are acceptable, but what isn't acceptable is a continuing debt which spirals out of control.  Everton have a debt and costs they can afford, they made no loss last year and contrary to what you say there wages take up just short of 66% of there income.

The year before it wasn't tho was it? ( I hadn't seen the 2008 accounts). But I had an inkling I'd find borrowing.

No it was higher, wages were 75% of there turnover in 2006-2007.  Though it has to be mentioned that had they not outsourced there catering ect it would have been around 66%.  They lost £8 million in revenue due to outsourcing, I believe they did that to save on operating costs, I can only assume they were actually losing money on catering the year before ???

He replied to you.

I just read a couple of posts where you mentioned Villa, then had a go at Parky for discussing them. I didn't follow the conversation from the beginning tbh, sorry.

If I find Villa's accounts I'll post them.  But they seem to be far more difficult to find then for other clubs.

He replied to you.

Is that the point or not?, no its not.  Show me one comment where I claimed any Premiership team wasn't in debt.  My very first comment was that debts are acceptable, but what isn't acceptable is a continuing debt which spirals out of control.  Everton have a debt and costs they can afford, they made no loss last year and contrary to what you say there wages take up just short of 66% of there income.

The year before it wasn't tho was it? ( I hadn't seen the 2008 accounts). But I had an inkling I'd find borrowing.

No it was higher, wages were 75% of there turnover in 2006-2007.  Though it has to be mentioned that had they not outsourced there catering ect it would have been around 66%.  They lost £8 million in revenue due to outsourcing, I believe they did that to save on operating costs, I can only assume they were actually losing money on catering the year before ???

The 2008 books looked cooked, no wonder there's a catering deficiency.

???

We've paid off all our debt, but we've still got loads of debt with more to come.

We need investment, but Ashley turns down offers of investment from local businessmen.

It's cheaper to pay a DOF to bring in players than let the manager do it, but the DOF is paid 150% more than the manager.

For all the tales of woe, they don't actually seem to be that worried about it or doing much to sort it.

?So when you are Mike Ashley at Newcastle United then of course you think partners would make sense. And, if I can, I?d like to start with people in the North East because there are some great people who come to our matches who sit in the corporate areas, and wouldn?t it be great to have local backing for what we are doing?

?Some of them would talk to me last season and say, ?Mike, is there an opportunity for us to come into the club again because we were shareholders in the plc previously??.

?I?d tell them we?d look at it at the end of the season as there was no rush"

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-evening-chronicle/2008/08/08/mike-ashley-exclusive-chronicle-interview-72703-21492315/

And where does he turn down offers of investment, exactly? The context of that quote was him announcing that he was looking for investors!

Guest toonlass

Well I for one am not prepared to give up buying my season ticket by direct debit. It is the best option for me, financially, as I can spread the payments and I am paying no more now for my ticket than I was last year. And last year my season ticket was £50 cheaper than it was the year before! I will not pay more for individual match tickets, seeing that I will be at all the home games next season as I cannot justify the extra expense when I can get the same seat cheaper by buying it upfront.

Secondly I am not prepared to boycott Newcastle United. If I take my money away from this club (as small an amount as it may be) the money that could be used to fund the buying of players and paying their wages will have to be diverted to paying the day to day running costs of the club. NUSC fails to see that by boycotting the club we are cutting our noses off to spite our face. I do not want to be a part of that.

Thirdly, I won't be joining NUSC or joining any of their protests or rallies, until they are clearer about what they really stand for. They claim to be a supporters club, and yet continually to make the supporters look stupid by releasing ill-thought out statements on SSN etc claiming to speak for the majority. Well, 600 members out of a ground that holds 52,000 (and not including supporters who cannot attend the matches) is not a majority. I am impressed that the helped the fans who were picked on at Middlesbrough, but to be honest they have done little else. They claim to have brought the stewarding problems to the fore at Newcastle. Well I phoned the club on the monday after the Tottenham game and complained about the stewarding, and I emailed the match day police with a video of the steward hitting the fan in level 7. I have had a phone call back to say that due to the video and complaints including mine the stewards are going to be a mix of the longer working stewards and new blokes up in level 7 now. It didn't take a £10 membership fee and a committee to do that.

I don't need a keyring, badge and car-sticker to tell me I am a Newcastle United fan. I don't need some bloke with a megaphone by the monument to tell me that the club is being ran badly. I know Ashley is not the bloke to take this club forward, but until there is another option there, then what can we do. We cannot force Ashley to sell the club to someone who isn't there.

Link?

...bit slow Ozzie.

Cheers for that HF, hadn't seen that before. Carefully worded mind, doesn't explicitly mention investment volumes or what it would entail.

He replied to you.

If I find Villa's accounts I'll post them.  But they seem to be far more difficult to find then for other clubs.

I've given you Villa's profile from Deloittes.

???

?So when you are Mike Ashley at Newcastle United then of course you think partners would make sense. And, if I can, I?d like to start with people in the North East because there are some great people who come to our matches who sit in the corporate areas, and wouldn?t it be great to have local backing for what we are doing?

?Some of them would talk to me last season and say, ?Mike, is there an opportunity for us to come into the club again because we were shareholders in the plc previously??.

And where does he turn down offers of investment, exactly? The context of that quote was him announcing that he was looking for investors!

"I'd tell them we'd look at it at the end of the season as there was no rush"

He replied to you.

:)

Nah what happened in the 2008 books was a significant rise in revenue due to the new TV deal.  Wages increased by £6 million a year but TV money increased over £20 million.

He replied to you.

Nah what happened in the 2008 books was a significant rise in revenue due to the new TV deal.  Wages increased by £6 million a year but TV money increased over £20 million.

Now we're getting somewhere.

We got more money as well then?  :shifty:

He replied to you.

I've given you Villa's profile from Deloittes.

Yeah but its not the same as an actual financial report in that it gives extremely limited information.  And secondly its from the 2006-2007 season, I'd like to see the 2008 accounts as well.

???

"I'd tell them we'd look at it at the end of the season as there was no rush"

Wow!

"No rush".

Link?

...bit slow Ozzie.

Cheers for that HF, hadn't seen that before. Carefully worded mind, doesn't explicitly mention investment volumes or what it would entail.

They just say what they think will win some fans over at the time at the time.

There's still some people that are suckered by it, but it's offering them diminishing returns.

When they arrived we were told Newcastle would sign the cream of the champions league.

When Keegan arrived we were told he had full control of transfers and money to spend.

When Keegan went they shut up.

Now their frugality is all that can save the club....and have us challenging for the champions league in 5 years.

He replied to you.

Now we're getting somewhere.

We got more money as well then?  :shifty:

We got the same I assume, our revenue increased to £99 million from £82 million the year before.  If we hadn't gotten that extra money we'd have lost over £50 million last season.

What an absolute f***ing joke of a thread :lol: Benwell Lad, go and take your face for a s**** as you come across as an ill informed bitter tart. The march is taking place away from the ground for the exact reason that it doesn't have a negative impact on the players. I also think that you'll find far from making NUFC more of a joke NUSC has garnered huge amounts of positive press since it's inception. No matter what you think of their statements they're far preferable to some tracksuited mong calling for "Sheeeraaaaa!" to buy the club and install himself as manager.

At the end of the last meeting they were pratically begging people to join the committee and get involved at the very top, so the old "All they want is Ashley out and don't care about the opinions of other fans!" line doesn't wash. If you join then you've got ample platform to make your voice heard. I also distinctly remember people at the interview airing pro-Ashley views and they were heard out. Unsurprisingly though the vats majority of the people there were anti-Ashley and while i'm sure NUSC would like to represent everyone inclusively they have to find a middle ground based on the opinions of their members. Currently that is one of dislike and mistrust for the current regime. Christ, even posters on Skunkers which was initially staunchly NUSC have decided to part with their cash and give it a chance.

Whatever your personal opinion of Ashley this club was crying out for some form of respectable supporters organisation and we've got one. It's all fine and well sitting behind your keyboard acting all cynical about what NUSC are doing but a lot of people involved in it have given up their time and money to get the thing off the ground. Whether you agree with their motives or not give them a f***ing round of applause for their effort.

Thanks for the insults - it's seems to be NUSC's supporters normal way of dealing with anyone who doesn't agree with their agenda.  :thup:

There's a thread somewhere which indicates about 8% fully agree with your verdict of them.

Yeah I've noticed that certain newspapers seem very pro NUSC - I wonder why ?  Could it be because the same newspapers love anything which portrays negativity about Newcastle ?

Take your point about them being more credible than the "tracksuited mong" you mention. Marginally.

P.S. you missed out the word "old" in your insult.

One insult in the first line which I felt was fairly apt as that is exactly how you come across. Forget the fact i've made some fairly salient points in the rest of my post.

Threads on here aren't worth the bandwidth it takes to view them since the majority of posters on here are so unspeakably anti-NUSC with almost no firm reason to back up their antipathy.

You say that newspapers are pro-NUSC because they're anti-NUFC? Do pull the other one daft lad. From what I can gather from visiting other general football messageboards is that the opinion of NUSC amongst other fans is very positive. Only Mackems and a small minority of our lot seem to have an issue with the club.

Make your f*cking mind up dimwit.

It's a majority on here but a minority in the real world. Thankfully this board doesn't echo the views of every Newcastle supporter on the planet.

The wages need to be looked at and I think they will come down very quickly when Owen, Viduka and Smith are gone. None of these three really give value for money with a combined wage of 230,000 a week give or take.

On the one hand there is a need to balance the business I have no doubts about that, but as is shown at other clubs we need to keep refreshing the first team or we'll on be saving money to go down.

That is the reality.

Owen, Viduka, Smith, Geremi, Duff, Cacapa

They all add very little to nothing to this club, yet they take up somewhere around £21 million a year, 33% of our total wage bill on six wasters.  Joey Bartons very close to being added to that list IMO as well, a further £3 million a year.

They all add very little to nothing to this club, yet they take up somewhere around £21 million a year, 33% of our total wage bill on six wasters.  Joey Bartons very close to being added to that list as well, a further £3 million a year.

Apart from Owen and Viduka keeping us up last year....and Owens goals (which have earned us 6 points) keeping us off bottom so far this year.

Can you answer my question Parky ?

I'd like to join a Newcastle Supporters club but nobody is able to answer that question.

I suggest you ask them directly all you need to know.

I have the answer I got was to help promote the supporters club with leaflet drops etc. I'm happy enough with that but all finances should be wide open explaining every penny that goes into the club and where every penny goes and taxes paid on the money. Until then I wont join for fear of someone in the background pocketing a small fortune.

All finances will be made crystal clear. It's silly to alienate people on an issue which is so easily sorted.

I don't alienate anyone, I have my view point for my reasons. This was my reason for not paying my £10 a month to join for the ability to have my say. I don't have much money spare so £10 is a fair chunk to waste for me just to go into someones back pocket. This should be stuff already in place since its been a long time running now. In fact shouldn't they have already paid tax on what they have made so far ?

They all add very little to nothing to this club, yet they take up somewhere around £21 million a year, 33% of our total wage bill on six wasters.  Joey Bartons very close to being added to that list as well, a further £3 million a year.

Apart from Owen and Viduka keeping us up last year....and Owens goals (which have earned us 6 points) keeping us off bottom so far this year.

Last season they helped to keep us up yes, this season Viduka's done absolutely fuck all.  Owen's the only player who offers us anything at all out of that list, but its still very little compared to what he's being paid.

They all add very little to nothing to this club, yet they take up somewhere around £21 million a year, 33% of our total wage bill on six wasters.  Joey Bartons very close to being added to that list IMO as well, a further £3 million a year.

Absolutely spot on. All of them must go this summer. No excuses.