BOYCOTT the protest rally !!

Benwell Lad

I don't have any problem with this rally/protest, anyone who agrees should join and good luck to them. In the same way the club doesn't need to respond or acknowledge this fringe group especially considering they are still advocating boycotting club products.

So when the NUSC get the bedsheet rent-a-mong brigade (last seen September 2008 outside the Gallowgate gurning on SSN) none of who will have a ticket to the game, and 50 NUSC members, who will be jubilant that they have a large turnout of people (regardless of them not having the slightest bit of interest in Newcastle United, and 100% interest in being on the telly), lets just pretend it was successful. Meanwhile the people who give a toss about the club will be concentrating on having a bevvy before the game and supporting Newcastle United as they have done for years.

I think you are mentally unstable.

Firstly you used to go on about God.

Now you are calling NUSC the devil incarnate.

Guest toonlass

So when the NUSC get the bedsheet rent-a-mong brigade (last seen September 2008 outside the Gallowgate gurning on SSN) none of who will have a ticket to the game, and 50 NUSC members, who will be jubilant that they have a large turnout of people (regardless of them not having the slightest bit of interest in Newcastle United, and 100% interest in being on the telly), lets just pretend it was successful. Meanwhile the people who give a toss about the club will be concentrating on having a bevvy before the game and supporting Newcastle United as they have done for years.

Thanks! My psychiatrist says that too!

I love how attending the protest/rally means that you can't possibly support the club fully because Newcastle United fans are well known for their inability to do two things on the same day :lol:

true, also I dread what would happen if the players hear there was a protest somewhere outside the ground.. that would undoubtedly fuck up their psyche in an instant .. next thing you know Nicky Butt and Damien Duff will stop caring..

and Blefuscu, I respect your reasons and all, but judging by your last message, obviously NUSC's members are all brain-dead, and will undoubtedly enjoy being represented by chavs on tv. Fair enough, that's a possibility, but you should consider the possibility that the people who go to the protest/rally/whatever are actually people like you - poor sods who love the club. Only difference is they choose to 'voice' their opinion, instead of concentrating on their bevvies, like the true supporters should do..

Guest NobbyOhNobby

:clap:

Thanks! My psychiatrist says that too!

I've always quite liked you.

Guest toonlass

I love how attending the protest/rally means that you can't possibly support the club fully because Newcastle United fans are well known for their inability to do two things on the same day :lol:

true, also I dread what would happen if the players hear there was a protest somewhere outside the ground.. that would undoubtedly fuck up their psyche in an instant .. next thing you know Nicky Butt and Damien Duff will stop caring..

and Blefuscu, I respect your reasons and all, but judging by your last message, obviously NUSC's members are all brain-dead, and will undoubtedly enjoy being represented by chavs on tv. Fair enough, that's a possibility, but you should consider the possibility that the people who go to the protest/rally/whatever are actually people like you - poor sods who love the club. Only difference is they choose to 'voice' their opinion, instead of concentrating on their bevvies, like the true supporters should do..

I don't think they are brain dead, I think they are blinkered by their "Ashley OUT" agenda. I will be supporting my club and team vocally at the match and also financially, as it will do more harm than good to boycott OUR club.

Anyway why should I go to a rally when I have no idea of what its about. NUSC have still not come out and said what they hope to gain from this rally. I think it is extremely poorly timed, in relation to where we are in the season, and will come to nothing. Ok, we all want Ashley to leave the club as soon as possible, but if there is not a buyer there then what do NUSC suggest he does? Had the NUSC come out with a full and proper reason for a well thought out, well timed rally then I would consider attending but this is not a rally representative of the majority of the fans and cannot be claimed as such as no-one knows what the heck NUSC hope to achieve from it.

what is their opinion? apologies if this has already been covered but i've been trying to get an answer all day on what this rally is actually for?

Utter bollocks,  i have read all your posts regarding the NUSC topic(i'm gettting bored of it now seems to be 4 or 5 threads going round in circles) and although i'm in favour of the NUSC, as a whole, don't agree with everything they do, but i do think we need a supporters club, hopefully soon to be trust i respect your opinion and think you put forward your reasons why you are against it very well and have made some excellent points but your final comment on that post is bang out of order.

You can say lots of things about the NUSC but no way can you say they don't give a toss about NUFC and won't be supporting the team is a fucking insult.  Its because they give a toss that they decided to get off their arses and tried to do something cos they were utterly dismayed and pissed off at the way there football club was being ran.  How can you say someone like Mark Jenson from the Mag, who's ran one of the longest running football fanzines in the country doesn't give a toss about NUFC, the lads from nufc.com, christ Biffa watches every virtually every single Newcastle United match 1st team, reserve and academy and the lads from True faith, all have given financial backing to get it up and running.  The people who went to that 1st meeting and decided to not only join but put there services forward to join the committee and run the whole thing aren't doing it for money, its cos they love their football club. 

Christ i wish i didn't give a toss and i could walk away from it all but i can't, its a bloody addiction that drives me mad but i still bloody love it, its giving a toss that got me out of bed at 6am to go down to the hawthorns to watch the match last Saturday and its the love of MY football club and giving a toss that got me leaving work early next MOnday to watch our reserve team hopefully go one better than the 1st team and win at Ewood park against Blackburn.

Sorry David, not meaning to wind anyone up, but read the first few pages, skipped to these and couldn't believe what I as reading on a forum which is representative of our fan base, at a time when we have arguably one of our most important games in our recent history and a manager who has a life saving operation tomorrow.

What the fuck are you protesting against? If it is the usual "its the way our club is being run" then what the fuck is your gangs proposal for making it better? Mike fucking off? I love a protest as much as anyone, but surely anyone with half a brain and the ability to read can see that as a club we are fucked financially. Everyone gives our owner shit loads of stick for just realising it AFTER he bought the club, ignoring the fact that most fans haven't even picked up on it two years later! Its only when the recent accounts were released that most of us realised how close to not existing NUFC actually is!

Guest toonlass

Utter bollocks,  i have read all your posts regarding the NUSC topic(i'm gettting bored of it now seems to be 4 or 5 threads going round in circles) and although i'm in favour of the NUSC, as a whole, don't agree with everything they do, but i do think we need a supporters club, hopefully soon to be trust i respect your opinion and think you put forward your reasons why you are against it very well and have made some excellent points but your final comment on that post is bang out of order.

You can say lots of things about the NUSC but no way can you say they don't give a toss about NUFC and won't be supporting the team is a fucking insult.  Its because they give a toss that they decided to get off their arses and tried to do something cos they were utterly dismayed and pissed off at the way there football club was being ran.  How can you say someone like Mark Jenson from the Mag, who's ran one of the longest running football fanzines in the country doesn't give a toss about NUFC, the lads from nufc.com, christ Biffa watches every virtually every single Newcastle United match 1st team, reserve and academy and the lads from True faith, all have given financial backing to get it up and running.   The people who went to that 1st meeting and decided to not only join but put there services forward to join the committee and run the whole thing aren't doing it for money, its cos they love their football club.   

Christ i wish i didn't give a toss and i could walk away from it all but i can't, its a bloody addiction that drives me mad but i still bloody love it, its giving a toss that got me out of bed at 6am to go down to the hawthorns to watch the match last Saturday and its the love of MY football club and giving a toss that got me leaving work early next MOnday to watch our reserve team hopefully go one better than the 1st team and win at Ewood park against Blackburn.

What are you wittering on about? The people who don't give a toss are the dole wallers, rent a bedsheet brigade who have never been to a match at SJP in their life but will turn up to Strawberry Place like flies on shite whenever the SSN cameras are there.

I never said that this included NUSC but the numbers at this "rally" (what's it for again binnsy?) will be bolstered by the rent a mong brigade (as outlined above). These are the ones who couldn't give a toss about the club. I believe that NUSC do give a toss about the club, but are going about it the wrong way. Comprende?

true, also I dread what would happen if the players hear there was a protest somewhere outside the ground.. that would undoubtedly f*** up their psyche in an instant .. next thing you know Nicky Butt and Damien Duff will stop caring..

what is their opinion? apologies if this has already been covered but i've been trying to get an answer all day on what this rally is actually for?

You've wasted your day then, because I'm sure you know the answer.. people are unhappy, you know

true, also I dread what would happen if the players hear there was a protest somewhere outside the ground.. that would undoubtedly f*** up their psyche in an instant .. next thing you know Nicky Butt and Damien Duff will stop caring..

You've wasted your day then, because I'm sure you know the answer.. people are unhappy, you know

:lol:

There some dimwits in here.

NUSC is a brilliant concept and we should support it. Unfortunately because in the early days they came across as an Anti-Ashley group, all of the Anti-Ashley fans gravitated towards them, hence making the public meetings more like a forum where a bunch of blokes who hated Mike Ashley could go and shout about it.

I would love it (!) if they could take some of the more sensible posts from this forum, stick it on their website as an agenda, and get 30,000 fans behind them not 1,000. HTT's lengthy rant was even a good start. The majority of fans now appreciate how much crap NUFC are in, and like it or not Mike Ashley is keeping us afloat from money from his own pocket. That fact alone makes it very difficult to protest/rally - I'm not sure what I'm rallying against!

Guest NobbyOhNobby

:lol:

There some dimwits in here.

If they're so unhappy, why don't they go for counselling or maybe take up a relaxing hobby such as crochet?

Leave your protests until the end of the season. Protest like hell if we are safe by the last home game, but dont do anything now that is going to be detrimental to the team performance and again puts NUFC in the headlines for the wrong reasons

Once again, the protest is being peformed away from the ground so it does not have an effect on the team. If anything a few hundred people marching together to the match may create some sorely needed atmosphere.

This is the most laughable excuse ever.  It may not affect the squad during the Everton match, but what about the match after, or after that, when negative headlines are being thrown about in the papers?  It will create a negative atmosphere around the club, which will ultimately affect our squad during the run in for the final 12 matches, not necessarily the Everton match.  Like sicko2ndbest said in his original post, these people protesting need to grow the fuck up.  What is more important?  Premier League survival or your Protesters Group?  Get your priorities straight for the rest of the season and let's get behind the team - they need us more than ever.

He is not doing it as a f***ing favour, it is his f***ing club man.

I don't see what difference that makes and I can't ever remember anybody claiming that it wasn't his club either.

Errr he said Mike Ashley was keeping us afloat, it is in Ashleys interests to keep  his club afloat.

You don't see the difference between being a PLC & being owned outright by someone?

Mike Ashley is keeping us afloat from money from his own pocket. That fact alone makes it very difficult to protest/rally - I'm not sure what I'm rallying against!

He is not doing it as a fucking favour, it is his fucking club man.

Wrong actually, the club belongs to the region. If it was just his, then nobody would give a fuck if it existed or not. Bottom line is that we do care, and factually and legally Mike Ashley is keeping the club afloat.

I wish a few people would read that article this week which points out (using established fact rather than opinion) that the previous directors took out nearly £150m out of the club into their own pockets, and Ashley has so far has only put money in. Why the fuck have we as a supporter base suddenly gone all militant?!