BOYCOTT the protest rally !!

Benwell Lad

c) it doesn't matter either way, the result is the same and the only way to achieve profit is success.

Two words.  Thaskin Shinawatra.

Paid £100M

Spent £30M

Sold for £200M

£70M profit in one mid-table season.

Two other words:

Global recession.

an investor is just as likely to see discontent as an opening and opportunity, for instance say someone from buckinghamshire bought out an unpopular chairman they could quickly institute a PR campaign - chats with fans, rubbishing the previous regime, wearing the replica top in the away end and so on, something that will blind the less intelligent fans to any subsequent incompentence or lack of ambition.

The investor needs to have enough money to buy out the previous owner for that to happen like it did then. Our previous owner for example took his swag and is now trying to buy some piddling club in Spain for £10million. In the same way we need a considerably richer investor than the current owner to come in and there aren't that many about.

i dont agree that we need a richer owner, just one who is more likely to release funds. that person or even consortium can have less personal wealth than ashley like lerner at villa or the irish who used to own sunderland.

personally i dont think we should be concentrating on pushing ashley out as he has shown he doesnt want to leave and there's nothing we can do to change that. keep the pressure on for the next few years by all means but we have to try and effect change within the club rather than an unrealistic change in ownership.

i was just countering ozzie's childish notion that by protesting we turn away potential investors. i dont think it has any real effect either way, tho an underperforming club with precedent and potential for greater income is probably more likely to have investors alerted.

I guess the "grown-up" view is that a potential sugar daddy will look at all the protests and boycotts and unfocussed hatred directed towards someone who has so far put about £130 million into the club on top of the purchase price, and think "Yeah, I'll have some of that." :lol:

How do you think Ashley views the £248M he's spent on the club so far?

a) An investment

b) An altruistic act of charity

c) A black hole for what's left of his spare cash

When it comes to selling the club, What will Ashley get?

a) More than he put in

b) Less than he put in

c) Lucky to get his money back

Is the primary concern of a businessmen:

a) popularity

b) profit

c) do something interesting and fun with what initially seems like a manageable portion of a recent windfall

How naive are you?

Bless

You're the one who believes in the Fairy Godmother.

an investor is just as likely to see discontent as an opening and opportunity, for instance say someone from buckinghamshire bought out an unpopular chairman they could quickly institute a PR campaign - chats with fans, rubbishing the previous regime, wearing the replica top in the away end and so on, something that will blind the less intelligent fans to any subsequent incompentence or lack of ambition.

The investor needs to have enough money to buy out the previous owner for that to happen like it did then. Our previous owner for example took his swag and is now trying to buy some piddling club in Spain for £10million. In the same way we need a considerably richer investor than the current owner to come in and there aren't that many about.

i dont agree that we need a richer owner, just one who is more likely to release funds. that person or even consortium can have less personal wealth than ashley like lerner at villa or the irish who used to own sunderland.

personally i dont think we should be concentrating on pushing ashley out as he has shown he doesnt want to leave and there's nothing we can do to change that. keep the pressure on for the next few years by all means but we have to try and effect change within the club rather than an unrealistic change in ownership.

i was just countering ozzie's childish notion that by protesting we turn away potential investors. i dont think it has any real effect either way, tho an underperforming club with precedent and potential for greater income is probably more likely to have investors alerted.

I guess the "grown-up" view is that a potential sugar daddy will look at all the protests and boycotts and unfocussed hatred directed towards someone who has so far put about £130 million into the club on top of the purchase price, and think "Yeah, I'll have some of that." :lol:

a) An investment

a) More than he put in

b) Less than he put in

a) popularity

b) profit

c) do something interesting and fun with what initially seems like a manageable portion of a recent windfall

How naive are you?

Bless

I can see you goose stepping along the Kurfuerstendamm berating the resistence with "what's the alternative?".  :iamatwat:

Had Ashley of spent some money in this transfer window he wouldn't be getting half the stick that he does and I don't think this boycott would have taken place.

The lack of investment and childish/unprofessional attitude (You don't like me so now I'm going to sell it...) are my main rankles with this management/owner.

P.S. I also don't think the boycott is the right answer, it will just antagonise the current owners and bring us into the media glare again. If NUSC are able to manipulate the press then it might not look so bad but I don't think that will happen.

It's not a boycott.  It's a rally.

A rally for what ?

NUSC

So if there are people there chanting for Ashley to leave they are not there for NUSC is that what your saying ? Serious question.

I'm not saying anything like that.  Many people want Ashley to go and many don't.  Many are NUSC members and many aren't.  The two things aren't mutually exclusive, so I'm sure you will get some of those chants.

But then you get those chants away from NUSC organised rallys too.  I've chanted it myself in the stadium without a committee telling me it was ok.

But in an organised rally stuff surely has to be organised therefore the leaflets should be all join NUSC, banners saying the same and people in charge of what happens. Thats the whole point of an organised committee and an organised rally.

What I predict will happen is you will have an overruling over people chanting for Ashley to go and for cockneys this and that and that is my whole problem with the current set up of NUSC. It appears from the outside to be a solely anti Ashley protest group. I'm sorry but that is how it looks and how it sounds from their meetings.

The NUSC can't prohibit members of the public from voicing their own opinions in a public place though.  They've taken the precaution of organising their rally away from the stadium so in the event that it does turn into an anti-Ashley gathering it doesn't affect those who disagree, or the players on the pitch.

I think 90% of fans are anti-ashley, so on the whole I'd think the NUSC are.  But i think they are (for the most part) taking level headed action that doesn't have a negative impact on the team.  Even though I do think a couple of their statements have been heavy handed.

Poll on this forum shows only 20 percent think the NUSC represent their views. Do you reckon 70 percent of people on here are even more "anti-Ashley" than they are?

This forum is VERY pro-Ashley.  Or at least too forgiving (in my opinion) of his string of mistakes.

I think it stems from previously being the most voiciferously anti-Shepherd forum and lots of posters still clinging onto the hope that the "anyone but Shepherd" view will be proved right...or at least not wanting to admit to NE5 he might have been on to something.

But then, as I've said, Pro-NUSC <> Anti-Ashley.  So that poll is unrelated to my estimate.  Irrespective of people agreeing with the actions, aims or motives of the NUSC, I think at least 90% of fans would say they aren't happy with the direction of the club in the last 2 years.

Happy Face, I've always thought of you as one of the better posters on here, but that line is just looking for bites; you know full well that's not true.

I know  :iamatwat:

Canny crap how he takes it as complete vindication of everything Shepherd did.

a) An investment

a) More than he put in

b) Less than he put in

a) popularity

b) profit

How naive are you?

Bless

I can see you goose stepping along the Kurfuerstendamm berating the resistence with "what's the alternative?".  :iamatwat:

Dearie me. So because I disagree with you about the sense in having a protest right now,  I'm a childish, naive, deluded Nazi?

Dare I point out that you're the one who's having a rally?

But thanks for demonstrating so persistently that the main content of your argument is emotional rather than rational.

It would be interesting to come back to this thread if we are relegated.

You reckon? I don't think anything that is done now will affect what happens to the club / stewardship etc. this season.

If something is to be done it'll take longer than that imo. The only option now is to hold on tight and hope for the best as regards our current relegation battle.

c) it doesn't matter either way, the result is the same and the only way to achieve profit is success.

Two words.  Thaskin Shinawatra.

Paid £100M

Spent £30M

Sold for £200M

£70M profit in one mid-table season.

Two other words:

Global recession.

Don't be daft man, there hasn't been a global recession it's just another excuse the Asley apollojists (hate that word) are bandying around !

Guest ovesbar

The last thing this club needs now is a protest. The games ahead is among the most important in recent history. Explain to me what a protest is going to achieve? I think Ashley & Co is aware of their popularity. Ashley have tried to sell the club remember? Its a financial crisis out there, no one is going to buy us, at least not before summer. I also think a protest would affect the players negatively, which I think is the last thing we need considering we just won a crucial game, and have the opportunity to gain some points now with important players returning.

If we stay up you can protest all you want, but until then, please just support the team.

a) An investment

a) More than he put in

b) Less than he put in

a) popularity

b) profit

How naive are you?

Bless

Dearie me. So because I disagree with you about the sense in having a protest right now,  I'm a childish, naive, deluded Nazi?

Yes that's right.  You're no better than Hitler in your voiciferous attempts to quash freedom of speech and kill off minorities.  O0

Dare I point out that you're the one who's having a rally?

beh...wah...uh...

:harry:

But thanks for demonstrating so persistently that the main content of your argument is emotional rather than rational.

Footballs an emotional sport man.  That's why we love it.  The businessmen ruin it by rationailsing everthing.  An economist would ask who gives a fuck whether it's Mike Ashley's fault or not?  We're all mad for paying £500 to watch the drivell served up the past 3 years irrespective.  Nothing rational about it whatsoever.

You've got me wondering if you're Llambarse with questions like that  :knuppel2:

The last thing this club needs now is a protest.

If we stay up you can protest all you want, but until then, please just support the team.

The timing of this Rally is just so, so wrong. Have it at the end of the season for pete's sake.

Can't be put much better than that IMO.

Just a word about this forum being very pro-Ashley...I don't think that's accurate at all. I have a feeling 90% would be over the moon if a new owner took over in the summer with big plans for the club. I know I would.

Unless that is going to happen though I'd rather Mike Ashley stayed enthusiastic while he's here and i don't see how hostile fans is going to persuade him to invest more cash, or keep morale up at the club.

Just a word about this forum being very pro-Ashley...I don't think that's accurate at all. I have a feeling 90% would be over the moon if a new owner took over in the summer with big plans for the club. I know I would.

Unless that is going to happen though I'd rather Mike Ashley stayed enthusiastic while he's here and i don't see how hostile fans is going to persuade him to invest more cash, or keep morale up at the club.

I'd say it's definitely pro-Ashley, although nowhere near as much as it was before January.

Had Ashley of spent some money in this transfer window he wouldn't be getting half the stick that he does and I don't think this boycott would have taken place.

The lack of investment and childish/unprofessional attitude (You don't like me so now I'm going to sell it...) are my main rankles with this management/owner.

P.S. I also don't think the boycott is the right answer, it will just antagonise the current owners and bring us into the media glare again. If NUSC are able to manipulate the press then it might not look so bad but I don't think that will happen.

It's not a boycott.  It's a rally.

A rally for what ?

NUSC

So if there are people there chanting for Ashley to leave they are not there for NUSC is that what your saying ? Serious question.

I'm not saying anything like that.  Many people want Ashley to go and many don't.  Many are NUSC members and many aren't.  The two things aren't mutually exclusive, so I'm sure you will get some of those chants.

But then you get those chants away from NUSC organised rallys too.  I've chanted it myself in the stadium without a committee telling me it was ok.

But in an organised rally stuff surely has to be organised therefore the leaflets should be all join NUSC, banners saying the same and people in charge of what happens. Thats the whole point of an organised committee and an organised rally.

What I predict will happen is you will have an overruling over people chanting for Ashley to go and for cockneys this and that and that is my whole problem with the current set up of NUSC. It appears from the outside to be a solely anti Ashley protest group. I'm sorry but that is how it looks and how it sounds from their meetings.

The NUSC can't prohibit members of the public from voicing their own opinions in a public place though.  They've taken the precaution of organising their rally away from the stadium so in the event that it does turn into an anti-Ashley gathering it doesn't affect those who disagree, or the players on the pitch.

I think 90% of fans are anti-ashley, so on the whole I'd think the NUSC are.  But i think they are (for the most part) taking level headed action that doesn't have a negative impact on the team.  Even though I do think a couple of their statements have been heavy handed.

Poll on this forum shows only 20 percent think the NUSC represent their views. Do you reckon 70 percent of people on here are even more "anti-Ashley" than they are?

This forum is VERY pro-Ashley.  Or at least too forgiving (in my opinion) of his string of mistakes.

I think it stems from previously being the most voiciferously anti-Shepherd forum and lots of posters still clinging onto the hope that the "anyone but Shepherd" view will be proved right...or at least not wanting to admit to NE5 he might have been on to something.

But then, as I've said, Pro-NUSC <> Anti-Ashley.  So that poll is unrelated to my estimate.  Irrespective of people agreeing with the actions, aims or motives of the NUSC, I think at least 90% of fans would say they aren't happy with the direction of the club in the last 2 years.

I'd disagree with that, but I think the pragmatists are condemned as being pro-Ashley by NUSC members.

It's more a case of he came, he bailed us out, he tried to go but couldn't and now he's the man in charge who shapes our immediate destiny. He's here and we may as well attempt working together for the benefit of Newcastle United.

As I've said many times if the so called NUSC ever came up with a viable and realistic alternative to what we've got right now and actually tell us WHO or WHAT they want instead, rather than just blurting the usual anti-Ashley and "cockney mafia" rhetoric then maybe we'd be pro the alternative.

However theres a vacuum of alternative suggestions and they do little other than throw cheap insults and make jokes about the present set up.

I'd say it's definitely pro-Ashley, although nowhere near as much as it was before January.

I think you are in the anti-Ashley camp so anybody who doesn't share your view comes across as pro-Ashley.

Guest firetotheworks

Im not pro-Ashley at all, in fact Im more anti-Ashley than pro.  I just think the situation is savable if we stay up. By making a good managerial appointment. I dont like the whole Director of football thing at all, but changing it isnt as pressing as getting a new manager thats up to the job.

Asking for another owner is exactly the same as asking for another owner when FFS was at the helm. We should be careful what we wish for.

We've had 123 online at one point today, are you saying that about 100 of them are pro-ashley?

You're also confusing 'realism' with 'dogmatism'.

:laugh:

It's a marvellous world where a twat can take the piss out of his customers year after year and they worry about upsetting him if they complain.

I think you are in the anti-Ashley camp so anybody who doesn't share your view comes across as pro-Ashley.

I'm more than happy to be proved wrong with regards to Ashley. But there's no excuse for everything that has happened so far, ranging from the Keegan fiasco, to the contrary statements to the fans time and time again, the lack of communication, offering Kinnear a full contract, risking the survival of the club this season. I have no problem that we are skint and I agree that it's time we took a more prudent approach, which annoys me when they have came out in the past and send money is there if we need to spend it. They also can't come out and talk about things such as the high wage bill and the poor financial mismanagement from the previous regime without taking some responsibility themselves due to the high wages/turnover ratio we have. As most of the high earners on the books were signed under his ownership.

So of course I'm anti-Ashley if that's what you call it, and he doesn't deserve my backing as far as I'm concerned. Not until he's proven me wrong and undone the damage of all of the above and a lot more. I'll still be in my seat in the Gallowgate for the rest of this season supporting the team, and next season, and the season after that. But by all means it doesn't mean I have to back a regime at the club that have shown pretty much nothing but contempt for myself and a lot of fellow fans.

I'm more than happy to be proved wrong with regards to Ashley. But there's no excuse for everything that has happened so far, ranging from the Keegan fiasco, to the contrary statements to the fans time and time again, the lack of communication, offering Kinnear a full contract, risking the survival of the club this season. I have no problem that we are skint and I agree that it's time we took a more prudent approach, which annoys me when they have came out in the past and send money is there if we need to spend it. They also can't come out and talk about things such as the high wage bill and the poor financial mismanagement from the previous regime without taking some responsibility themselves due to the high wages/turnover ratio we have. As most of the high earners on the books were signed under his ownership.

So of course I'm anti-Ashley if that's what you call it, and he doesn't deserve my backing as far as I'm concerned. Not until he's proven me wrong and undone the damage of all of the above and a lot more. I'll still be in my seat in the Gallowgate for the rest of this season supporting the team, and next season, and the season after that. But by all means it doesn't mean I have to back a regime at the club that have shown pretty much nothing but contempt for myself and a lot of fellow fans.

Spot (as they say) on.

It's a marvellous world where a t*** can take the piss out of his customers year after year and they worry about upsetting him if they complain.

Is that what you say? Ok let's take a hypothetical situation, where by you were a Newcastle supporter living in a remote mountain range, doing research for years, and did not have access to television to watch your beloved NUFC. Would you stop following the club? Do you follow the club purely for the entertainment value? Or do you support the club in a competitive spirit, wanting it to be the best and win every game? Movie-goers are customers, theater-goers are customers, if you go to a restaurant you're a customer. If a restaurant was badly run and managed, you'd stop going, end of. We are fucking football supporters! There is none of this customer service shite, regardless of how much you pay for your ST, corporate box, or Sky subscription. This is why, what Ashley does is of paramount importance, as it affects the club, and our lives. In turn, and since he owns the bloody damn thing, it is even more important that we establish a good relationship with him and his people, for the good of Newcastle United.

Ah fuck it. Wrote the above post in between 5 phonecalls at work. Dunno if it still makes any bloody sense.

It's a marvellous world where a t*** can take the piss out of his customers year after year and they worry about upsetting him if they complain.

Is that what you say? Ok let's take a hypothetical situation, where by you were a Newcastle supporter living in a remote mountain range, doing research for years, and did not have access to television to watch your beloved NUFC. Would you stop following the club? Do you follow the club purely for the entertainment value? Or do you support the club in a competitive spirit, wanting it to be the best and win every game? Movie-goers are customers, theater-goers are customers, if you go to a restaurant you're a customer. If a restaurant was badly run and managed, you'd stop going, end of. We are fucking football supporters! There is none of this customer service shite, regardless of how much you pay for your ST, corporate box, or Sky subscription. This is why, what Ashley does is of paramount importance, as it affects the club, and our lives. In turn, and since he owns the bloody damn thing, it is even more important that we establish a good relationship with him and his people, for the good of Newcastle United.

Ah fuck it. Wrote the above post in between 5 phonecalls at work. Dunno if it still makes any bloody sense.

Just because we don't stop going, doesn't mean we can't complain.

Say my brother was running the family restaurant, which had been with us for generations, and I had to keep going back, but he was doing a really shit job, I'd tell him what wasn't working and what would, and I'd keep telling him until he got it right, and if he kept getting it wrong I'd complain louder and louder, and if he still looked like going under, I'd plead with him to sell to someone that knew what they were doing.

Or I could just keep eating whatever slop he served up and wait it out until it all went down the pan.

Is that what you say? Ok let's take a hypothetical situation, where by you were a Newcastle supporter living in a remote mountain range, doing research for years, and did not have access to television to watch your beloved NUFC. Would you stop following the club? Do you follow the club purely for the entertainment value? Or do you support the club in a competitive spirit, wanting it to be the best and win every game? Movie-goers are customers, theater-goers are customers, if you go to a restaurant you're a customer. If a restaurant was badly run and managed, you'd stop going, end of. We are f***ing football supporters! There is none of this customer service s****, regardless of how much you pay for your ST, corporate box, or Sky subscription. This is why, what Ashley does is of paramount importance, as it affects the club, and our lives. In turn, and since he owns the bloody damn thing, it is even more important that we establish a good relationship with him and his people, for the good of Newcastle United.

Ah f*** it. Wrote the above post in between 5 phonecalls at work. Dunno if it still makes any bloody sense.

Just because we don't stop going, doesn't mean we can't complain.

Say my brother was running the family restaurant, which had been with us for generations, and I had to keep going back, but he was doing a really s*** job, I'd tell him what wasn't working and what would, and I'd keep telling him until he got it right, and if he kept getting it wrong I'd complain louder and louder, and if he still looked like going under, I'd plead with him to sell to someone that knew what they were doing.

Or I could just keep earting whatever slop he served up and wait it out until it all went down the pan.

:lol: no you wouldn't. the point is, at the end of the day, your brother will do whatever he pleases. In any case, the analogy is nowhere near our situation  :undecided: