Conor Newton

Guest Raf

Has anyone seen them play?

Wish the club would show reserve/academy games live on the web or at least record them

Highlights of them are available on NUFCTV.

Still cant understand why they cant do it live or record the whole game... least you could choose what you want to watch.

Would also give them experience for any future possibility to show live first team games ;-)

Guest Heneage

Inman is Ranger's housemate. For that reason he is Jesus as Ranger is God.

Always wondered if the club provide flats for young players that are not from the region or if its left for the player/family  to sort it out

As I understand it the club sorts it out.

I remember Nile saying he had a 1030 in bed curfew at his diggs.

only seen little glimpses of Dummet so can't really judge him but Inman looks a quality midfield player, has impressed me when i've seen him this season.  Definately one to watch, not wanting to build him up and make him into a Ranger type supergod but could be the answer to our creative midfield problems, although still a bit away from PL level,  as with most of our youth team products he's on the small side!

only seen little glimpses of Dummet so can't really judge him but Inman looks a quality midfield player, has impressed me when i've seen him this season.  Definately one to watch, not wanting to build him up and make him into a Ranger type supergod but could be the answer to our creative midfield problems, although still a bit away from PL level,  as with most of our youth team products he's on the small side!

noticed this also.... bit dissapointing, maybe its the WISE influence :-)

He'd better be good if I'm to be named after him.

I don't think anyone should be paying much attention to the academy results to much yet, especially anything below under 16 age group, always nice to see there doing well but even when they get to the under 18 and reserve(which is basically a under 21 premier league north) the jump to the premiership is massive.  There's some talented footballers currently on the fringes of our first team and in our reserve team but i can't see many of them making a living as a premiership footballer, they will find their level in the football league.

As regards to Dan Neary, good luck to the lad with his Rochdale trial, that has suprised me, not wanting to put the lad down i would've expected to have seen him released and end up at Blyth or Gateshead as that would be more his level. 

Looks like Brad Inman got 23mins or so and Paul Dummet didnt get a sniff but our newest young recruit in Vukcic came on and scored the winning goal.

He didnt have much time to do it but well done to the lad, I agree with binnsy a bit though...shouldnt get carried away with the untried/young players but its nice to see that we do have some promise for the future.

Looks like Brad Inman got 23mins or so and Paul Dummet didnt get a sniff but our newest young recruit in Vukcic came on and scored the winning goal.

He didnt have much time to do it but well done to the lad, I agree with binnsy a bit though...shouldnt get carried away with the untried/young players but its nice to see that we do have some promise for the future.

Interesting that Inman replaced Donninger, i fully expect Doninger to be released this summer and Inman will replace him the reserves next season.

Problem is how many of those actually get their chance with the first team, i don't need to mention the likes of Carl Finnigan, Lewis Guy and others who were all so highley rated when they were in the reserves but are playing in places suchs as Scotland and the lower leagues, i used to hear so many good things about Johnny Godsmark but now he seems to be on his way out too, the only two who managed to made the step up are David Edgar -that of course helped greatly by his goal against United- and Andy Carroll who's height and physicalty were key to helping him make the step up.

Personally i wouldn't be getting my hopes up on a player who's playing well on the reserves untill i see him play with the first team.

For those who do watch the reserves and youths then, who is the top prospect coming through? Try not to be boring and say Lua Lua cos i kinda know a bit about him already. :razz: Would it be Ranger?

i can give you 4 that have impressed me so far this season.....not including Kazenga.

Tamas Kadar,  top prospect,  a classy footballer, been really unlucky with 2 bad injuries this season, was playing brilliant when he broke his leg last month, i think if he hadn't broke his leg he'd be playing left back instead of Enrique now.

James Tavernier,  attacking right back, bags of energy, quick,  bombs on in a Habib beye style, hopefully he'll be as good,  also filled in at centre half and in midfield. 

Brad Inman  talented midfield player, good passer, decent shot and strong runner,  could be a star,  need him to grow and beef up and we'll have a quality player, only just turned 17, you see Rodwell at 17 play for Everton but Rodwell looks twice the size of Brad!

Nile Ranger  20 goals, still raw though, still got lots to learn, quick and good in the air,

if any of them start believing the hype then none will make it, including Kaz.  Hopefully someone at the club is drumming it into them that they've achieved or done nothing yet, if they knuckle down and keep learning and improving then they could be making the first team in the next couple of seasons.

Haven't seen the likes of Spear and vukic yet plus Tozer has been out virtually all season, i think with a knee cartlidge injury.

Problem is how many of those actually get their chance with the first team, i don't need to mention the likes of Carl Finnigan, Lewis Guy and others who were all so highley rated when they were in the reserves but are playing in places suchs as Scotland and the lower leagues, i used to hear so many good things about Johnny Godsmark but now he seems to be on his way out too, the only two who managed to made the step up are David Edgar -that of course helped greatly by his goal against United- and Andy Carroll who's height and physicalty were key to helping him make the step up.

Personally i wouldn't be getting my hopes up on a player who's playing well on the reserves untill i see him play with the first team.

While Im not advocating jumping the gun I dont see any harm in discussing our younger players and maybe hoping we have a gem or 2

Interesting that Inman replaced Donninger, i fully expect Doninger to be released this summer and Inman will replace him the reserves next season.

Seems like Donninger has been with the club a while now, would be a shame to see him go.

I know its not good to have players just hanging around the club but we have missed some damn good players in the past cause we didnt think they were good enough at an early age.

For those who do watch the reserves and youths then, who is the top prospect coming through? Try not to be boring and say Lua Lua cos i kinda know a bit about him already. :razz: Would it be Ranger?

i can give you 4 that have impressed me so far this season.....not including Kazenga.

Tamas Kadar,  top prospect,  a classy footballer, been really unlucky with 2 bad injuries this season, was playing brilliant when he broke his leg last month, i think if he hadn't broke his leg he'd be playing left back instead of Enrique now.

James Tavernier,  attacking right back, bags of energy, quick,  bombs on in a Habib beye style, hopefully he'll be as good,  also filled in at centre half and in midfield. 

Brad Inman  talented midfield player, good passer, decent shot and strong runner,  could be a star,  need him to grow and beef up and we'll have a quality player, only just turned 17, you see Rodwell at 17 play for Everton but Rodwell looks twice the size of Brad!

Nile Ranger  20 goals, still raw though, still got lots to learn, quick and good in the air,

if any of them start believing the hype then none will make it, including Kaz.  Hopefully someone at the club is drumming it into them that they've achieved or done nothing yet, if they knuckle down and keep learning and improving then they could be making the first team in the next couple of seasons.

Haven't seen the likes of Spear and vukic yet plus Tozer has been out virtually all season, i think with a knee cartlidge injury.

Cool, cheers.

What's the latest on Wes Ngo Baheng, anyone?

Guest Heneage

I was never overly impressed with Fodsmark on the few instances I've watched the reserves. He just seemed very fast. Lacked a football brain.

Wesley Baheng must be close to returning to light training soon, if he hasn't already,  think we could see him back in action April for the last few games of the season, not sure where he'd get in the team mind!

As for Frank Danquah, i would be very suprised to see him make it at NUFC, don't think he's good enough for the Premier league.

Agree about Godsmark, he's quick but too small and doesn't do enough,  he put 2 brillaint crosses in to set up 2 goals in the 5 nil win over Wigan, think they're the only decent crosses that he's put over in 2 seasons.    He's miles behind someone like Alan O'Brien who was (when fit) electric for the reserves for about 18 a month period, never produced it when he had his few chances in the first team, Jonny is nowhere near as good.

• 3 weeks later...