Conor Newton

Guest Raf

Simpson's replacement sorted. His high ratedness (okay that's a made up word) came a bit out of the blue this season but he seems to have done well.

That is what i was thinking , like to think we can get a few of the kids to step up .

Simpson's replacement sorted. His high ratedness (okay that's a made up word) came a bit out of the blue this season but he seems to have done well.

That is what i was thinking , like to think we can get a few of the kids to step up .

He's a left back so I'd doubt that he's a direct replacement for Simpson. Going to be tough for him to get ahead of Santon and Haidara so perhaps he'll go out on loan again (maybe to the Championship).

He's a left back so I'd doubt that he's a direct replacement for Simpson. Going to be tough for him to get ahead of Santon and Haidara so perhaps he'll go out on loan again (maybe to the Championship).

Doesn't really matter what side he plays given Santon is a right footed full back.

We will still have 3 quality full backs along with Raylor, Perch, Dummett and Ferguson. As mentioned in the Simpson thread, this is probably the strongest we have been at full back for as long as I can remember. Can't see Simpson being replaced.

Doesn't really matter what side he plays given Santon is a right footed full back.

We will still have 3 quality full backs along with Raylor, Perch, Dummett and Ferguson. As mentioned in the Simpson thread, this is probably the strongest we have been at full back for as long as I can remember. Can't see Simpson being replaced.

Tavernier hasn't been half bad either.

Tavernier hasn't been half bad either.

Forgot him :thup:

Aye i don't expect Simpson to be replaced either and didn't as soon as we signed Haidara ( irrelevant of what side he plays on) and i'd rather the 4th fullback spot be contested by one of the youth players.

I don't expect Harper to replaced either as it goes; i expect Colo to be replaced and Obertan to be sold and replaced but that's about it as far as replacing goes.

I want a striker. Papiss needs competition, also of he gets injured we are f***ed. I wonder if Well be after Siem De Jong again. He can play most attacking positions.

Everyone does and no we are not after Siem De Jong if a recent edition of the Journal is to be believed.

Guest bimpy474

Tbf if the club thinks he'll make our first team sometime, he should tear up league 2 even at his age.

Reckoned he would, he's tearing up League one at the moment though.

Guest bimpy474

Tbf if the club thinks he'll make our first team sometime, he should tear up league 2 even at his age.

Reckoned he would, he's tearing up League one at the moment though.

Ooops  :blush:  :lol:

:lol:

• 1 month later...