Conor Newton

Guest Raf

Thought he looked decent enough when he came on. Perhaps worth keeping around 2nd half of the season so Tav can go on loan.

Looked nervous but did well. Nice cross towards the end. Think jdckelly is spot on though. Good chance to check up on arguably our only natural LB. I said arguably. 

Guest frazernufc

was it Dummet who played that ball from LB to Ranger down the left wing right along the byline, dont know why but that ball got my juices flowing.

Is Dummett a local lad? I know nowt about him.

Born local but plays for Wales U21.

Aye, he's from Kingston Park. Went to Kingston Park Primary School/Kenton. He was a few years below me at school, think he was same class as Michael Richardson actually.

I played against him a fair bit knocking around in KP and used to get proper annoyed getting done by someone 3 years younger than me, so I feel a bit better now.

He apparently was told last year that he wasn't part of Pardews long term plans.

His contract is up at the end of the season and the club want a fee for him to go now and St Mirren haven't got the money.

He wants to go back to St Mirren as he is concerned that they will get someone else in and he will be out of contract at the end of the season without a club.

• 4 weeks later...

The loan boys are have an incredible experiences this season.

Good - League Cup Final

Newton & Dummett - Scottish League Cup Final

Inman - likely Johnson's Paint Trophy Final.

They've all played in front of big attendances as well.  There were over 30,000 at Coventry last night for the Crewe game.

Newton, Dummett and Inman have all had long injury lay offs but with all aged around 21, will they get a chance with us? 

Guest Roger Kint

Inman having a cracking loan spell. Wonder if we will cash in on him and the boys at St. Mirren in the summer or just loan them out again.

Looks like Inman might be worth keeping and loaning out again.

Sure Inman will be given a chance at Championship level next year to see how he progresses unless someone offers a fee we consider daft for him. No point in letting him go for what League 1 sides can afford though.

The loan boys are have an incredible experiences this season.

Good - League Cup Final

Newton & Dummett - Scottish League Cup Final

Inman - likely Johnson's Paint Trophy Final.

They've all played in front of big attendances as well.  There were over 30,000 at Coventry last night for the Crewe game.

Newton, Dummett and Inman have all had long injury lay offs but with all aged around 21, will they get a chance with us?

Doing better than the first team here.  :lol:

I know people keep saying this - but it's strange Inman has never been allowed the step-up. Sure he will at some point, he seems to always be doing quite well.

Although I did think that about Phil Airey, scored for fun, but he's away. Plays for Blyth Spartans now I believe.

Inman is doing brilliantly.

Whether the lads out on loan make it here or not, it's great exposure for them in the Football League and there will be plenty of potential suitors out there for them, should we look to sell.

• 1 month later...