Newcastle United 0 - 0 Everton - 22/02/09 - post match reaction from page 23

Dave

Oh half evertons first team were out & we're desperately in need of 3 points with a load of very tough games coming up.

Loven missed a sitter and Nolan got himself sent off when we were clearly on top to ruin the entire game

BUT Ohhhhhhhhh happy days lets all be satisfied lol

Happy to come out of those circumstances with a point, but it doesn't really help us much. A seven point gap going into these impossible fixtures would have been very helpful. 5 points is OK but we've got no grounds to breath a sigh of relief just yet.

Credit to the lads today, though. Blatantly no gameplan at all, and that was with eleven men, so they did well considering. Funnily enough i thought Steven Taylor and Nicky Butt were our best players; Taylor got up and down the flank really well, though made a few ricks late on. And as someone's said - that was the kind of situation Butt thrives on. Absolutely no footballing gameplan from our point of view, so Butt was well up for it and he was good.

Amazing to see you all so positive as if we've done something brilliant.

You all have such low expectations

Did you miss the red card?

Yes i saw that, another player makes a mistake which ends up costing us. Story of our season. Gigantic opportunity missed for us here, we need the points.

Amazing to see you all so positive as if we've done something brilliant.

You all have such low expectations

We're not very good, in case you've not noticed. Add in decent opposition and a stupid tackle leading to us having to defend for a long time and I think a point is a pretty good result. Nobody's saying we were brilliant.

Oh half evertons first team were out & we're desperately in need of 3 points with a load of very tough games coming up.

Loven missed a sitter and Nolan got himself sent off when we were clearly on top to ruin the entire game

Shut up will you, this is embarassing.

Guest LucaAltieri

I'd have taken a point at kick off. I'd have certainly taken a point at half time.

Jayson, I think the issue here is that everyone associated with the club has already recognised all the wrong things that continue to happen on and off the pitch, so we're clutching at whatever positives we can take here.

Guest Heneage

prior to that there was only one winner.

You can't be serious.

If it stayed 11 vs 11 we'd have one that easily, they were missing nigh their entire midfield, and up top they offered little bar corners.

uh uh. Listen, shut up for a second.

Jayson, I think the issue here is that everyone associated with the club has already recognised all the wrong things that continue to happen on and off the pitch, so we're clutching at whatever positives we can take here.

And it makes a nice fucking change tbh.

I'd have taken a point at kick off. I'd have certainly taken a point at half time.

Would you have taken a point when Loven had a sitter infront of him and we were easily on top ?

Guest LucaAltieri

The team I'd pick vs Bolton:

Harper

Saylor Colo Bassong Enrique

Raylor Butt Smith Gutierrez

Martins Viduka

Forster, Cacapa, Carroll, Lovenkrands, Duff, Geremi, LuaLua

McLoven instead of Viduka.

I'm satisfied because there's plenty of positives to take from it. God forbid a bit of positivity; that's two games on the bounce we haven't lost. :coolsmiley:

That said, four points at the least should really be gotten from the next two games.