Newcastle United 0 - 0 Everton - 22/02/09 - post match reaction from page 23

Dave

Bassong!!!! Imho opinion the find of the season. Our biggest problem will be holding onto him, i wouldnt sell him for n e thing under £15m. I'd offer him a new long term contract and build the defence around him. I think we have a good defence in the making but we need a few more players in.

Im just saying i think we've missed a chance here. Not disputing that 1 point after going down to 10 men is a good result. Or that before this game it wouldnt have been an acceptable result. But with evertons Injurys and the clear chance we had aswell as the way we were playing...we could have taken the points & we need to do that at this stage of the season. We might be regretting it in 3 or 4 games time. Especially now with Nolan out for the next few games.

Guest LucaAltieri

Oh half evertons first team were out & we're desperately in need of 3 points with a load of very tough games coming up.

Loven missed a sitter and Nolan got himself sent off when we were clearly on top to ruin the entire game

BUT Ohhhhhhhhh happy days lets all be satisfied lol

I'd have taken a point at kick off. I'd have certainly taken a point at half time.

Would you have taken a point when Loven had a sitter infront of him and we were easily on top we had had 1 shot to their 5?

Yes.

I'm satisfied because there's plenty of positives to take from it. God forbid a bit of positivity; that's three games on the bounce we haven't lost. :cooleyes:

That said, four points at the least should really be gotten from the next two games.

fyp

I'm satisfied because there's plenty of positives to take from it. God forbid a bit of positivity; that's three games on the bounce we haven't lost. :cooleyes:

That said, four points at the least should really be gotten from the next two games.

fyp

Have you seen who we are playing in the second one?

I'm not sure if I can articulately describe the agony I went through watching that game. S***e, awful, gash, distressingly woeful, whichever one you prefer.

The ONLY mitigating circumstances I can give for our c**p attempt at playing football was that our whole first-choice midfield were out, barring a half-fit Fellaini.

Our "attacking" play can not even be accurately described as "gutless". It was an utter crime against football.

I'm really really sorry. Really, I am.

Oh half evertons first team were out & we're desperately in need of 3 points with a load of very tough games coming up.

Loven missed a sitter and Nolan got himself sent off when we were clearly on top to ruin the entire game

I'd have taken a point at kick off. I'd have certainly taken a point at half time.

Would you have taken a point when Loven had a sitter infront of him and we were easily on top we had had 1 shot to their 5?

Yes.

You werent paying attention to their 5 shots then were you.

Half chances at best, Loven puts that away we go on to win the game. Thats reality for you, we've missed a chance.

Guest LucaAltieri

Yes.

Half chances at best, Loven puts that away we go on to win the game. Thats reality for you, we've missed a chance.

We had just cleared off the line 2 or 3 times... how much closer do you want them to be?  :lol:

Yes.

Did you miss Yobo forcing a brilliant point blank save? Or Rodwell's chance. Or the fact they had the better of the play overall.

Yes.

I know, I mean you were making Howard work a lot, all those lunges across his goal. The reality for you, is it was a pathetically awful game, and if the FA docked both of us points, there should be few complaints.

fair play to Ameobi today, surpassed the record he set for most useless and gutless performance by a CF in black and white.  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pathetic waste of space, should never play again if Martins and Viduka are even half fit

Yes.

Did you miss Yobo forcing a brilliant point blank save? Or Rodwell's chance. Or the fact they had the better of the play overall.

It was a decent save at a decent height, good reflexes. Wouldnt say it was a CLEAR chance.

A clear chance is getting 1 on 1 with a keeper when your closer than the penalty spot on your best foot.

Other than the header everything they had was Tame and pathetic.

Dunno what you're all arguing with. Im saying we had a clear chance to win this game, if we'd missed a pen (which it may aswell have been) youd be saying the same.