Llambias insists that Joe will be back at NUFC

Thespence

My biggest question for Llambias, Ashley and co is are they actually aware that a huge majority of Newcastle fans believe Kinnear just isn't good enough.  If the fans don't back him and he is a temporary manager - no compensation.  Why don't they ease our concerns and suggest why Kinnear is so backed and try to explain to us that he is the best they can get.

Baffling that he was even given a contract imo. 

My biggest question for Llambias, Ashley and co is are they actually aware that a huge majority of Newcastle fans believe Kinnear just isn't good enough.  If the fans don't back him and he is a temporary manager - no compensation.  Why don't they ease our concerns and suggest why Kinnear is so backed and try to explain to us that he is the best they can get.

He's a yes man. He'll happy do as he's told and not get in the way of Wise, Ashley, Llambias et al when they want to pull the strings.

Why didn't you send the question in at the time?

My hope is that what Llambias is saying is just a smokescreen to keep some stability until the summer (i.e. not annoy Joe) then in the summer say his health isn't up to it an give him the boot.  If Kinnear hadn't taken ill though, I dunno where we'd have been.

What I don't get is how Ashley can go from sacking Allardyce because his football was boring, to appointing Kinnear.  Hopefully that shows he doesn't really want Kinnear in the long run.

He's a yes man. He'll happy do as he's told and not get in the way of Wise, Ashley, Llambias et al when they want to pull the strings.

This is probably true but they must surely know that majority of the fans are against the appointment.  Working against the owners you have - fans aren't happy with the manager, the managers health aint the best, players aren't the happiest (presumed Owen, Shay,N'zog admittedly) they are the main points.

However do they know that a huge amount of supporters are against the contract extension? or do they not care too much?

This is probably true but they must surely know that majority of the fans are against the appointment.  Working against the owners you have - fans aren't happy with the manager, the managers health aint the best, players aren't the happiest (presumed Owen, Shay,N'zog admittedly) they are the main points.

However do they know that a huge amount of supporters are against the contract extension? or do they not care too much?

I think you'll find out sooner rather than later that Ashley, Llambias and everyone else frankly don't give a toss about the fans.  :-X  :whistle:

I've seen at least one person in this thread go with the idea that they sort of have to say this sort of thing, to keep Kinnear sweet. They're hardly going to come out to the press and not support him are they?

Why come out to the press at all? They dont have to answer to the paper talk as most people know its all bollocks.

Exactly, they didn't have a problem about saying fuck all recently so why talk about JFK now?

They simply can't win when it comes to certain people.

They get chastised - quite rightly - for a lack of communication. Now Llambias is addressing that and opening up a bit more to the press. You can complain about the content of his statements, but you surely can't complain about him being more communicative?

One thing I will say is that I don't know the exact context of the quotes in question. Was he prompted to say certain things about Kinnear? If he gets asked about Kinnear, then it's common sense to expect him to support the man. He's going to speak positively about him, especially since the guy has just got out of hospital. Whether they actually go ahead with this ridiculous idea of extending his contract, we shall see. One thing I would like to see - but won't - is them saying something along the lines of "we'll review the situation at the end of the season". That's what I'd do in their shoes, I'd like to think they actually will. They're not going to contradict themselves and Kinnear any time soon, but it would defy logic to just go ahead with extending it when the season ends.

Get rid of JK.

Put down a 15m net summer spend.

Shift the dead wood.

Replace Wise with a genuine football man with experience.

Simple.

For the man in the street, Ashley is lower than that though, he thinks Kinnear is good enough for a start.

Get rid of JK.

Shift the dead wood.

Simple.

Agreed, except I don't think we need to remove Wise at all... he has recruited some good players, no reason why he won't continue to do so.

And I wouldn't specify a 'net' spend, if we manage some sales of unwanted players then so much the better.

There's much better options for a yes man than Kinnear. Someone like Poyet for example, while being proper unpopular, ticks all the boxes.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-target-return-to-top-four-1631974.html

Newcastle's fans have been promised the club remains committed to re-establishing itself at the top end of the English game.

Managing director Derek Llambias last night met fans' representatives as the Mike Ashley regime stepped up its charm offensive following a torrid few months at St James' Park.

The club's current owners have found themselves a target for disgruntled supporters in the wake of Kevin Keegan's departure as manager in September last year, and the highs of his first reign and of the five years Sir Bobby Robson spent at the helm are now distant memories.

However, Llambias insisted Ashley's ambition remains undimmed.

Asked if the club could rub shoulders with the big boys both at home and in Europe once again, he said: "Why not?

"We want to be solid competitors at the top. That's the way we are going. We aim to be knocking on the door again."

Llambias was grilled by the Supporters Panel, a cross-section of 23 fans, during a two and a half-hour session during which he admitted that the club's decision to keep their own counsel in the immediate aftermath of Keegan's exit was a mistake.

However, with Ashley having ended his self-imposed exile from St James' Park and shelved plans to sell the club, he is once again pressing ahead with his long-term vision.

Llambias said: "We have plans for the club and we are taking them forward.

"When we took over, we had repair work to do and holes to fill. That has been huge step. We have put in quarter of a billion into the club.

"We didn't think the club had any foundation, there was a poor Academy and we are now building for the future.

"We are not neglecting the club."

Llambias was quizzed about the cash available to strengthen a squad depleted by the sales of James Milner and Shay Given, but was giving little away.

With Kinnear in charge and without spending massively? What world are these people living in? ???

Get rid of JK.

Shift the dead wood.

Simple.

Agreed, except I don't think we need to remove Wise at all... he has recruited some good players, no reason why he won't continue to do so.

And I wouldn't specify a 'net' spend, if we manage some sales of unwanted players then so much the better.

Which good players?

There's much better options for a yes man than Kinnear. Someone like Poyet for example, while being proper unpopular, ticks all the boxes.

Not as cheap though.

Not as cheap though.

Keegan was on a fair buck wasn't he?

Not as cheap though.

No idea, there wasn't any cost to get him though. Things are probably different now anyway.

Not as cheap though.

No idea, there wasn't any cost to get him though. Things are probably different now anyway.

True. But Poyet's (just an example, I'm not backing him for the job fwiw) out of a job at the moment, surely he wouldn't cost THAT much either?

Get rid of JK.

Shift the dead wood.

Simple.

Which good players?

Bassong

Jonas

Ranger

Colo to a extent

Guthrie in terms of value for money

Not as cheap though.

True. But Poyet's (just an example, I'm not backing him for the job fwiw) out of a job at the moment, surely he wouldn't cost THAT much either?

They'd have to pay Kinnear off. ;)

Bassong  - Good player and getting better agreed

Jonas - Like him a lot has summik to offer us but no end product

Ranger - Young player, not played in the prem, dont know how he will develop

Colo to a extent - Average at best, first season in the prem so will give home a break

Guthrie in terms of value for money - Aye, canny at best.

So out of 4 transfer windows or whatever we have found 1 good player.

Well done those chaps.

Colo to a extent - Average at best, first season in the prem so will give home a break

Well done those chaps.

Four average to good players, one with potential.

Well done those chaps.

Four average to good players, one with potential.

Out of 4 transfer windows, thats a piss poor return really.