Llambias insists that Joe will be back at NUFC

Thespence

The thing with the manager is were backing him. Hes back on board.

What does that mean, btw? Genuinely don't get what he's trying to say there.

I'm only guessing but I think he means that he's involved again since coming out of hospital, in the same article he mentions the phone calls.

The thing with the manager is we’re backing him. He’s back on board.

What does that mean, btw? Genuinely don't get what he's trying to say there.

I'm only guessing but I think he means that he's involved again since coming out of hospital, in the same article he mentions the phone calls.

How does 'we're backing him' fit in? ???

What are your thoughts on the quotes generally, for the record?

How does 'we're backing him' fit in? ???

What are your thoughts on the quotes generally, for the record?

Again only a guess but I think they mean they are giving him a chance to get back, something I'd rather not happen and I've said that before.  I would rather we had a better manager than Kinnear as I don't think he'll get the best out of the team.

It's unbelievable that the club haven't even considered how this will look to the rest of the football world. Here we have a small time manager who has  been out of football for years due to heart trouble, he comes to Newcastle in a temporary role and ends up needing a heart bypass. Yet we are talking about him carrying on the job once he's recovered!

It's staggering tbh. A complete fucking joke.

It's unbelievable that the club haven't even considered how this will look to the rest of the football world. Here we have a small time manager who has  been out of football for years due to heart trouble, he comes to Newcastle in a temporary role and ends up needing a heart bypass. Yet we are talking about him carrying on the job once he's recovered!

It's staggering tbh. A complete fucking joke.

Agree entirely.  :thup:

I dont believe Ashley and co are THAT stupid that they think this will work out, fucking God knows why they are doing this.

Being ultra generous to Llambias here so bear with me.

I hope that it's just a reaction to a question rather than a statement to the media, The Journal asked about JFK's future & Llambias has had to come up with an answer that wasn't we're replacing Kinnear in the summer since sacking a manager who is recovering from a triple heart bypass via a local newspaper is more than a bit shit.  Just answering No comment would be taken in the same way as saying that he's being let go.

I hope that they have already decided to replace JFK in the summer but need to figure out how best to do it without looking like bastards.

Basically most of us are hoping Joe's health isn't up to it.

What a terrible state of affairs. :undecided:

I think I'm a bit beyond that point. My biggest fear right now is "if Joe Kinnear is their idea of a great long-term manager, just how ridiculous would be their choice for the man to replace him?"

I dont believe Ashley and co are THAT stupid that they think this will work out, fucking God knows why they are doing this.

Being ultra generous to Llambias here so bear with me.

I hope that it's just a reaction to a question rather than a statement to the media, The Journal asked about JFK's future & Llambias has had to come up with an answer that wasn't we're replacing Kinnear in the summer since sacking a manager who is recovering from a triple heart bypass via a local newspaper is more than a bit shit.  Just answering No comment would be taken in the same way as saying that he's being let go.

I hope that they have already decided to replace JFK in the summer but need to figure out how best to do it without looking like bastards.

That's how I hope it turns out.  They'd be walking into a legal minefield talking about getting someone else in to replace him.

I think I'm a bit beyond that point. My biggest fear right now is "if Joe Kinnear is their idea of a great long-term manager, just how ridiculous would be their choice for the man to replace him?"

Win a chance to manage NUFC!

Free competition entry with every purchase of 1 season ticket

I can see it now, when we get beat on the first day of the season, his post match is something along the lines of:

Kinnear: "We played well today, I feel that Obafanny Martians had a great game"

Interviewer: "Do you mean Martins? He was injured today and didnt play Joe"

K: "oh, oh it must have been Veruca then"

I: "errr but he let the club months ago Joe"

K: "oh, must have been Martins then"

I: "..... em, a bad start to the season then Joe, are you under pressure already?"

K: "No, not at all, ive got the full backing of the chairman Mike Ashley and the owner Derek Lumpyarse"

I: "Hmm, ok that will be it Joe, thank you for your time"

K: "Youre a cunt"

Once the buffoonery happens next season, the fans will go fucking insane.

Win a chance to manage NUFC!

Free competition entry with every purchase of 1 season ticket

:lol:

I can see it now, when we get beat on the first day of the season, his post match is something along the lines of:

Kinnear: "We played well today, I feel that Obafanny Martians had a great game"

Interviewer: "Do you mean Martins? He was injured today and didnt play Joe"

K: "oh, oh it must have been Veruca then"

I: "errr but he let the club months ago Joe"

K: "oh, must have been Martins then"

I: "..... em, a bad start to the season then Joe, are you under pressure already?"

K: "No, not at all, ive got the full backing of the chairman Mike Ashley and the owner Derek Lumpyarse"

I: "Hmm, ok that will be it Joe, thank you for your time"

K: "Your a cunt"

Once the buffoonery happens next season, the fans will go fucking insane.

JK will be gone by the end of the summer. The bloke is clearly not well.